Defense looked better after Mosley's exit.

Nixhead

7 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Not really. 

Sauce had his worse game as a pro. They barely were able to hold off the Titans on that final drive. Thomas missed a huge sack on that drive. They hit on a huge 3rd down pass as well.

Surprised this isn’t being talked about more.

Thought Sauce was really bad today, probably his worst game.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

@Warfish was badly hoping to dunk on me on this in the game thread. I mean, he obviously wants the Jets to win, but along the way was also clearly wishing to see the Jets gashed up the gut again just to prove to me how marvelous Mosley is and how badly they miss him.

Took like one set of downs and then they settled in just fine as though they only lost a backup. 

Mosley has been the most overrated player on the team, and arguably in the NFL aggregately, the past three seasons.

Yes I see what you are saying and agree with a long term extension for CJ until 2036 so he can play until he is as old as Nathan Shepherd currently is (63 years old). 

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

@Warfish was badly hoping to dunk on me on this in the game thread. I mean, he obviously wants the Jets to win, but along the way was also clearly wishing to see the Jets gashed up the gut again just to prove to me how marvelous Mosley is and how badly they miss him.

Just like @slats and his Kirk Cousins thing, I think you overstate this idea of a rivalry.

All I care about is winning.

The Defense today looked like warmed over piss all day against one of the worst offenses and QB's in the NFL.  Sauce was a horror show of getting burned and getting exposed on national tv as the holds-badly-on-every-play player he is.  We squeaked by with a piss poor O and a shoddy D, we have bigger fish to fry than a debate over Mosely.  If you saw some huge improvement post-Mosely, I think you're seeing things frankly.  This D was poop today.  Just like against the 9'ers, except this time it was a likely bottom-5 Offense that was burning us all day long.  

But if taking a victory lap over today's close shave is what you want to do, have at it.  Lost JJ for the year, lost Mosely.  The D was already bad, Sauce was exposed (look for multiple hold calls on him next week vs. the Pats), we're now very thin at edge, thinner at LB, and you think it's a good thing?

But since you brought it up, who went in for Mosely?  Because I honesty don't recall hearing any other LB'ers name called on the broadcast other than QW, who was already in pre-Mosely injury.  Who was the big improvement at LB, Sherwood?  He led the team in tackles, like Mosely usually did in years part, but (and maybe I missed it) was he making big plays?  I don't remember any, but again, maybe I missed them.

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Mosley has been the most overrated player on the team, and arguably in the NFL aggregately, the past three seasons.

Then I look forward to this piss poor D showing continued improvement Thursday led by our new LB crew.  I hope you're right about it all.  Because we need improvement literally everywhere.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just like @slats and his Kirk Cousins thing, I think you overstate this idea of a rivalry.

All I care about is winning.

The Defense today looked like warmed over piss all day against one of the worst offenses and QB's in the NFL.  Sauce was a horror show of getting burned and getting exposed on national tv as the holds-badly-on-every-play player he is.  We squeaked by with a piss poor O and a shoddy D, we have bigger fish to fry than a debate over Mosely.  If you saw some huge improvement post-Mosely, I think you're seeing things frankly.  This D was poop today.  Just like against the 9'ers, except this time it was a likely bottom-5 Offense that was burning us all day long.  

But if taking a victory lap over today's close shave is what you want to do, have at it.  Lost JJ for the year, lost Mosely.  The D was already bad, Sauce was exposed (look for multiple hold calls on him next week vs. the Pats), we're now very thin at edge, thinner at LB, and you think it's a good thing?

But since you brought it up, who went in for Mosely?  Because I honesty don't recall hearing any other LB'ers name called on the broadcast other than QW, who was already in pre-Mosely injury.  Who was the big improvement at LB, Sherwood?  He led the team in tackles, like Mosely usually did in years part, but (and maybe I missed it) was he making big plays?  I don't remember any, but again, maybe I missed them.

Then I look forward to this piss poor D showing continued improvement Thursday led by our new LB crew.  I hope you're right about it all.  Because we need improvement literally everywhere.

C’mon.  That titans team does not look that bad.  Last week they beat themselves and shoulda won.  As for today, give the jets some credit for adjusting on both defense and offense.  Too bad they lost JJ.  I’m guessing Reddick is going to get what he wants now.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

C’mon.  That titans team does not look that bad.

That Titans team will compete for a top 10 draft pick this year.

Make no mistake, I'm VERY glad we won.  0-2 basically means season over from a playoff perspective.

But lets not pretend we beat up a contender.  We squeaked past a bottom feeder.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sure I am -- that's exactly what I'm cheering about. Good call again. You should have little trouble finding a post where I was cheering on him - or any player on any team - getting injured. 

Really I should be unhappy all the time, and relentlessly describe to people here why they should be, too.

That's the best way to be. ;) 

Also Mosley sucks.

Enjoy your victory lap.  Sorry you think that's all I bring to the community.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1