**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

You are replying to the "real one". 

It's mind boggling to me that many cling to antiquated rituals that led to nothing but despair and failure.  

Embrace change.  Embrace winning. 

Embrace... The Revenge Tour. 

Without tradition what do we have left?!?!

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so is @Pac starting a real one at midnight or are we rolling with this bastardized enema of a game thread? I need to know before I put my full energy into a response.

It's too late for a new thread.  I already posted the link to my all game threads link.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Pac While you're at it, why don't you go ahead and post the official week 4 Jets/Denver thread too?

Given the truly bizarre, (and a bit pathetic) , whimpering that has gone on today I might start that thing tomorrow at midnight. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict you'll have already resigned before then.

If widespread fear and doubt would make me quit I wouldn't have taken the gig. 

I'll gleefully accept your ire if it means not having that directed at our Jets. 

Keep the vibes towards them positive. 

1 minute ago, funaz said:

Who cares if the thread started 28 hours earlier than it needed to,

**** the pats.

We blow them out on national tv and start our run to wildcard playoff birth tomrrow

Who cares if the thread started 28 hours earlier than it needed to,

Of course we care (and should!)   

I mean, do you want to win or not?  

We blow them out on national tv and start our run to wildcard playoff birth tomrrow

We're giving birth?

• Haha 1

When the Jets win I am going to be so pumped for the Broncos game, that we will go up at midnight and sleep in the line.  Been a weird thing I have thought about doing for years. But it is actually easier for me to leave here at 11pm, sleep in the RV in line. Then get up at 7:45am waiting for the lots to open at 8.

Otherwise I have to get up early and I am not a fan of that.

• Upvote 4

The Jets are 1-13 in their last 14 nationally televised games. That is true leadership from woody. Their last win coming in last years opener (when it was PACKED and LOUD at MetLife) under heroic situation when our great coach leaped into the end zone to celebrate with his beloved players. 

With their legendary track record and history of losing to the patriots lol let’s be positive. Maybe this ****ed up game thread will work? It couldn’t hurt? 

Lets Go Jets! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

When the Jets win I am going to be so pumped for the Broncos game, that we will go up at midnight and sleep in the line.  Been a weird thing I have thought about doing for years. But it is actually easier for me to leave here at 11pm, sleep in the RV in line. Then get up at 7:45am waiting for the lots to open at 8.

Otherwise I have to get up early and I am not a fan of that.

Now that’s what I can a fan!

Woke up this morning with a premonition that this is the game that starts the end of Robert Saleh’s time with the Jets. I’m not sure if they lose, per se, but Jerod Mayo comes out of tonight’s game having embarrassed Saleh and Hackett, and Woody—who’s Robert Kraft’s personal Reek—is so humiliated that he starts looking for the plunger. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woke up this morning with a premonition that this is the game that starts the end of Robert Saleh’s time with the Jets. I’m not sure if they lose, per se, but Jerod Mayo comes out of tonight’s game having embarrassed Saleh and Hackett, and Woody—who’s Robert Kraft’s personal Reek—is so humiliated that he starts looking for the plunger. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pressure is mounting on Saleh for sure. Slow starts and penalties, which has been the hallmark of the Saleh Jets is squarely usually blamed on coaching. Saleh needs a win here. Sold out Metlife, national tv, and a Patriots team projected to win only 4-5 games this year. Yea, IF Saleh blows this game, I can see a seething Woody that may begin to unravel.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh on full week is horrible. Saleh on short week? I hope he brushes his teeth before tonight’s game. Because being humiliated on national tv is a jets trademark 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lacks juice??  Are you alive??

This is a huge early season game vs a very solid division rival.  Sole possession of 2nd place is on the line here.  Home opener.

No juice????

Check your pulse brother

NE is terrible and in a year 1 rebuild.  Jets have a top 5 roster, HOF qb and a highly experienced and the best young HC in the league.  No juice.  Maybe the biggest mismatch game this week.

• Thumb Down 1

Short week so I don't see us blowing them out like I think we could on a regular week mid/end of season.

So I have us winning, but not blowing them out (depends what you think a blowout is I guess).

Crows will be hyped for this one.

NE: 13

Jets: 20

3 hours ago, BP said:

The Jets are 1-13 in their last 14 nationally televised games. That is true leadership from woody. Their last win coming in last years opener (when it was PACKED and LOUD at MetLife) under heroic situation when our great coach leaped into the end zone to celebrate with his beloved players. 

With their legendary track record and history of losing to the patriots lol let’s be positive. Maybe this ****ed up game thread will work? It couldn’t hurt? 

Lets Go Jets! 

GipsonafterTD.gif.7ab34356a01d52c1bdfb56a6ceac17fb.gif

• Haha 1