Antonio Pierce says Raiders players made "business decisions" in loss and team will be making their own as they move forward....DeVante?

8 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The point you were trying to make was lacking.  I explained why and you shrugged it off, calling it simplistic.  Last time I checked, this was football, not rocket science.  Sh!t isn’t complicated.

It’s complicated enough for you not to understand it, I guess. If you want to equivocate blaming multiple factors for failure in a team sport to rocket science, have at it.

Heh, like I said simplistic.

Raiders have no running game and are trying to supplement it with the short passing game. Minshew currently has the shortest depth of target in the league. That’s okay when you’re throwing to undersized TEs behind the LoS, but star receivers could find themselves getting frustrated. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I see people cry here ALL THE TIME about our head coach not holding players accountable in his press conferences. Seems like a double standard.

Are these the same people that wanted Huff to be franchised tagged? Or thought Lazard was done?

You're an intelligent person, and you have read this forum. Do you give much credence on what some people on this forum thinks?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you can turn it into an elite group by adding a player the QB is very familiar with in a win now year, you do it. Teams are focusing a lot on G. Wilson right now which is opening things up for other guys. Add Davante Adams and what are they going to do?

Headbang Rocking Out GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

He doesn't realize it but Pierce's comments reflect directly on him.  Obviously LV thought they had 

arrived after last week's BAL win and didn't put in the work for CAR.  Look in the mirror Pierce

I couldn't have said it any better than you just did.  

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

WWBPD?

For those of us a tad older, ask yourself: What Would Bill Parcells Do? OMG that player making bizz decisions during the game would have been BENCHED, and during the post game presser Bill would have referred to the player as 'she', as in 'she wasn't making enough effort'.

Be more like Bill 

Diff era

Pierce is smart enough to know you pull that and good chance you lose this job and damage future hc employment 

parcells did it after winning a ring and establishing himself as a top tier coach

raiders deserve what is happening as it is self inflicted 

they had a promising well liked coach in bisachi (close I hope) but had to go for the innovative josh instead

3 words I live by - can’t fix stupid

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It isn’t — or rather, not for a team acquiring him. It’s higher for the Raiders ($25MM) because so much of it is from signing bonus they paid him previously. A team trading for Adams would only have base salary hit the cap (right about $1MM/game) because they won’t have paid any of that bonus money. So it’s a lot, but by 2024 standards it’s not astronomical. I mean, it’s only $6MM more than Lazard is getting paid.

Also his big contract total (5 yrs $140MM) was largely bull***t because that was fluffed up by two fake years he’ll never see at that money (2025 and 2026, when he’ll be 33 and 34, is just over half the contract at >$35MM per with $0 of it guaranteed).

So in theory if a team was to trade for him today, he’d count $14MM on that (new) team’s salary cap this season. Then they’d have to work out redoing next year if they want to keep him longer, because it’s hard to imagine anyone paying him $36MM for his age 33 season followed by $37MM for his age 34 season.

Thank you sir!

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Are these the same people that wanted Huff to be franchised tagged? Or thought Lazard was done?

You're an intelligent person, and you have read this forum. Do you give much credence on what some people on this forum thinks?

I’m pointing out the double-standard, not giving credence. To be clear. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

If your team plays well except for a few obvious suspects, then by all means, hold them accountable.

But when your entire team is asleep all game, that's on the coach.  He should be held accountable.  We'll see next week if they make any changes to their starting depth chart or if he's just full of hot air.

Davante Adams is a unique case because he is desperate to get out of Vegas.  He specifically signed with the raiders to play with his old buddy Carr.  Carr left and now he’s stuck with a JAG checkdown artist like Minshew

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Reddick doesn’t necessarily have to be part of any trade package 

We need Reddick for the second half of the season more than we need Adams. And it’s still very likely Reddick will show in the next month or so. Adams, of course, makes the offense better by being another strong weapon and by forcing the defense not to double GW as much … but there are only so many weapons we can have on the field at once, so I’m not convinced it will be a huge upgrade. I don’t think we NEED him. The pass rush, however — despite the Thursday night feast against the Patriots — is likely going to NEED another ace later in the season. 

So if we can have both, I’d be for it. But if trading for Adams means Reddick is gone, I think it might be a net loss.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

We need Reddick for the second half of the season more than we need Adams. And it’s still very likely Reddick will show in the next month or so. Adams, of course, makes the offense better by being another strong weapon and by forcing the defense not to double GW as much … but there are only so many weapons we can have on the field at once, so I’m not convinced it will be a huge upgrade. I don’t think we NEED him. The pass rush, however — despite the Thursday night feast against the Patriots — is likely going to NEED another ace later in the season. 

So if we can have both, I’d be for it. But if trading for Adams means Reddick is gone, I think it might be a net loss.

We need both if we want to actually beat the ravens and chiefs in the playoffs and win the super bowl

I don’t think the raiders want Reddick anyway. A 2nd and a 4th in a couple weeks might get it done.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We need both if we want to actually beat the ravens and chiefs in the playoffs and win the super bowl

I don’t think the raiders want Reddick anyway. A 2nd and a 4th in a couple weeks might get it done.

Given Adams age and salary, I actually suspect he wouldn't even be this expensive. I feel a 2nd or 3rd would get it done if the Raiders really want to sell. Maybe even less given the financials involved.

However, as I said earlier in the thread, I feel like there's a lot of projection going on by jets fans here. Adams reiterated he is "locked in" on the raiders and happy there before the season, and Adams agent and the team all said the same:

https://www.nfl.com/news/davante-adams-locked-in-with-raiders-but-if-he-were-to-be-reunited-with-anybody-it-would-be-aaron

Obviously he left a little room for speculation, but I don't think it's safe to assume he wants out. Also, if he has really upset Pierce, I doubt he would have continued to be such a big part of the gameplan in the second half. Pierce was probably talking about some other players. To come right out and criticize the team's biggest star (who was instrumental in his full time hiring) would be bold indeed.

I don't think it's impossible Adams gets traded, but if he does, I imagine it will only come once the Raiders are firmly outside playoff contention. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you can turn it into an elite group by adding a player the QB is very familiar with in a win now year, you do it. Teams are focusing a lot on G. Wilson right now which is opening things up for other guys. Add Davante Adams and what are they going to do?

Trust me I'd be 100% for it as a guy that's been screaming we need WRs for decades.

47 minutes ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

The catch there is what do you get out of reddick when he shows?

his focus is free agency and a long contract with guarantees.

He is  not going to take the risk of injury the final 6 or so games with the jets

how he handles who knows but it is very possible he has nagging injuries which prevent him from seeing the field but still allow him to get to fa

18 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Given Adams age and salary, I actually suspect he wouldn't even be this expensive. I feel a 2nd or 3rd would get it done if the Raiders really want to sell. Maybe even less given the financials involved.

However, as I said earlier in the thread, I feel like there's a lot of projection going on by jets fans here. Adams reiterated he is "locked in" on the raiders and happy there before the season, and Adams agent and the team all said the same:

https://www.nfl.com/news/davante-adams-locked-in-with-raiders-but-if-he-were-to-be-reunited-with-anybody-it-would-be-aaron

Obviously he left a little room for speculation, but I don't think it's safe to assume he wants out. Also, if he has really upset Pierce, I doubt he would have continued to be such a big part of the gameplan in the second half. Pierce was probably talking about some other players. To come right out and criticize the team's biggest star (who was instrumental in his full time hiring) would be bold indeed.

I don't think it's impossible Adams gets traded, but if he does, I imagine it will only come once the Raiders are firmly outside playoff contention. 

2nd round pick is too rich for his age/contract. if the Raiders decide to move him I would put the max return value at a 2025 3rd.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

its not that simple.

Adams has a out after this year so he could be a FA. plus he will make a base of 35 mil and a 44 mil cap hit for 2025 and 2026. we have only 18 mil in cap space.

i dont think he will op out. dont think he could get more than the 35 mil he is making now.

now he would have to restructure his contract but we already are paying Rodgers until 2029 we gonna pay this guy until then too?

the thing i like about what JD has done is he made us a SB contender without taking on big long contracts that will put us in cap hell in the future. im not sure he would take on this contract. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

its not that simple.

Adams has a out after this year so he could be a FA. plus he will make a base of 35 mil and a 44 mil cap hit for 2025 and 2026. we have only 18 mil in cap space.

i dont think he will op out. dont think he could get more than the 35 mil he is making now.

now he would have to restructure his contract but we already are paying Rodgers until 2029 we gonna pay this guy until then too?

the thing i like about what JD has done is he made us a SB contender without taking on big long contracts that will put us in cap hell in the future. im not sure he would take on this contract. 

if DA goes on the trade block the Jets will be involved in discussions at a minimum. I guarantee it.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm not sure I want to see Adams come in.  Yes, he's a shiny weapon but it will probably alienate GW even more than he seems to be and that's not a great thing for the team long term.

Definitely not this season. Rodgers will feel he’ll need to get him 12-15 targets a game. Next offseason would be best. Breece & Allen 30x a game and 25 play action passes + good defense. OL & Rodgers staying healthy is the most important thing.