Broncos 1-2, better than we think?

FidelioJet

Admittedly I thought this game would have been the ‘easy’ win on the early schedule but after watching them on Sunday I think it’s going to be tough.

The good thing for us is that we get another game tape of what Nix will do for their offense and ways to stop him.  Tampa may have thought it was a gimme win and they were underprepared. After the Broncos comfortably beating them you would think we won’t make the same mistake. 

Either way we have to get the win in this one.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The 2024 Broncos are a likely bottom 10 (possible bottom 5) team.

A Super Bowl contender with the best roster in their history (which we supposedly are) should not have major problems defeating them.  If the Jets are what people here say, they should handle their business, no problem, same as the Patriots (another likely bottom 5 team).

We don't have to 'talk up' every opponent in some superstitious mantra.  The Broncos aren't good, we're supposed to be VERY good.  And the game is in NY, not Denver.  This shouldn't be a close game.  

If it IS a very close game, or if we lose, that is not "aw shucks, Broncos are pretty good I guess" moment, it's a frankly big disappointment and let down by the Rodgers-led Jets. 

This seems familiar....

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This isn't about the Bill but if you want to get into them -  they are 3-0 (not 2-1) but I would agree it's a weak 3-0.

I think the Bill's are an immensely beatable team.  In fact, I think Saleh/Ulbrich have, to a degree, figured out Allen.  I expect the Jets to beat the Bills at least once with a sweep not out of the question.

I am more worried about the Bills defense than anything. We know what their offense is. They run it more than they used to but I think the Jets should at least be able to stop them from absolutely going off like they have so far.

The defense, despite all its injuries, just looks so sharp and motivated so far. They are keeping plays in front of them, stopping the run well and tackling well. A very good counter to the west coast type of offense the Jets are running. I think we'll need Hackett to dial up a more creative run game and deep pass game than usual to give ourselves a shot to get out front. 

While I agree with everyone that the Bills are a a soft 3-0, I've watched most of each game. You can tell that defense is on it right now, even if their opposition hasn't done much to fight it. I think half the reason their offense looks so "good" is the defense making their lives easy

• Upvote 1

As for the Broncos... I think as long as the Jets game plan for the week 3 broncos, and not the week 1 broncos, they'll be ok. The broncos switched it up with QB option runs and more deep passing last week, so we need to be wary. But we can handle that.

Payton seems to have the Bucs and Bowles number. The jets, on the other hand, were able to beat this team when it was headed by a super bowl winning QB and using Zach Wilson... Lol

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

We just beat the Broncos IN Bronco TWICE with ZW under center. Amirite???? But now we're going to worry if Aaron Fn Rodgers can beat them at home?

Right, but consider the source. The OP genuinely believes ZW>>>>Aaron Rodgers, so viewed through those lenses, this thread makes perfect sense!

• Haha 1

One other factor in my eyes - Jets should be able to run the ball better than the Bucs, who can be somewhat pass reliant (especially to open things up for the run).

Rachaad White hasn't been very good on the ground. Bucky Irving is better but in the run game I'd rather have Braelon than either of them, nevermind Breece. The Broncos were able to force the Bucs to try and beat them in the air. I think we should have a lot better time establishing the run and subsequently avoiding a deficit. Our CBs should be better at winning the one on one matchups and containing down field passes, too. The bucs CBs are inferior and very injured to boot.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They have a good defense. 

But this is unquestionably a game the Jets should win if they're a playoff team.

Good teams beat the teams they should beat but they don't always win "pretty." Just win the game. I don't want to hear this sh*t that they didn't beat them by enough. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Denver's D was always going to be good. The question was the offense QB'd by a rookie. They played to expectations in the first two games struggling to sustain drives and score. I watched the Tampa game. They were a different more confident O. Nix scrambled effectively and had far better pocket awareness than the first two games and he was very accurate on his downfield passing.  

BTW how did the Jets manage to draw a schedule where there first 8 games are all against very good defenses? 

On the flip side, three of our last five games are against MIA, JAX, MIA.  So keep it close going down the stretch and that should be helpful.

The Broncos did sack Baker Mayfield 7 times last week for their 1st victory. One of those sacks came from our former Jet John Franklin-Meyers . . . who we gave to Denver in the off-season for a 2026 sixth-round draft pick (thinking we have Haason Reddick so we won't need any help on our DL anymore). 

Baker Mayfield is 29 (not a really young QB anymore), so I'm sure he felt pretty sore after the game being sacked 7 times. The difference with our QB at 40 years old is if AR gets sacked 7 times (like Denver did to Mayfield), we will probably lose him for the rest of the season (like we did last year).

The bottom line is we have to keep protecting AR if we want a chance to go to the playoffs this year.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also Justin Fields is 3-0 because he was NOT drafted by the Jets!

Trading for Fields was the no-brainer of all no-brainers.

He's still dirt cheap on his rookie deal and a dynamic playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tyrod is Joe Namath compared to Zach Wilson, but in real terms, he can't stay healthy and average at best on the field even when 100% healthwise.

The Steelers are 3-0 with a QB nobody wanted that they got for like a future 6th rounder or whatever it was.

Basically got him for a box of Krispy Kremes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Trading for Fields was the no-brainer of all no-brainers.

He's still dirt cheap on his rookie deal and a dynamic playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tyrod is Joe Namath compared to Zach Wilson, but in real terms, he can't stay healthy and average at best on the field even when 100% healthwise.

I'm going to disagree. I think Taylor was a much better option for QB2 especially since he only cost money and not draft capital.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Defense should make Nixs day hell. Long layover I guess could be tricky. Rodgers seems dialed in though. 

I didn't understand Bowles' game plan at all.

They had zero pass rush all day with their DL and Bowles, who is known for blitzing, basically still sat back in deep quarters coverage allowing Nix to dink and dunk them to death.

I mean did they even bother to watch Nix's tape or read a scouting report?  He's not a threat to throw deep at all, or least hadn't been through the first 2 weeks of the season.

Running QBs also tend to have a field day vs Bowles because his DBs turn their back to QB in coverage.

Wasn't a problem with Goff but with Nix, he looked like vanilla Vick out there.

• Haha 2