This offense needs Devante Adams

ZachStepdad

17 hours ago, Vader said:

dude did you watch the game today? the Ol wasn't great but Wilson and Hall dropped balls, fumbled, tons of tackles behind the line, just missed assignments blocking by hall and general "Lazard-like" awareness that Wilson seems to refuse to try 

you are right....and adams is only one player and he would not have made any difference if all those other guys play the way they did

No.

1. This offense needs to get organized around Aaron Rodgers (stop with the dumb penalties and get their timing right).

2. This defense needs to stop the run.

3. This coaching staff needs to get their heads out of their collective a**es.

And by the way, 1 and 2 are directly related to 3. Majority of this is on the coaching.

Sure getting Adams would be great. Any time yo can add a stud receiver like that it will help. Especially since he has familiarity with Rodgers. But that's not the major issue. He will not be some magic bullet to fix the problems on offense. And he will definitely not stop opposing teams from running the ball down our throat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2024 at 4:22 PM, Ghost said:

I’m starting to Wilson is not as good as we all think he is. I hate to say it because I love the guy. 

I think he can as good as we thought, but I’ve never really seen this type of regression/disappearing act from a third year WR before. Hard to believe it’s the same guy sometimes, and he almost looks scared out there

I think the arguments in preseason had a lot to do with his inability to adapt to Rodgers style of offense

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not a Hackett fan but he’s not the reason our offense is struggling 

Hackett is not helping. And while players need to be held accountable for the dumb penalties, you coach your players to be disciplined if you plan to run a system with Rodgers at the helm changing plays and trying to draw the opposing defense offsides. 

And Saleh is. He should have had this team a lot better prepared for the Broncos game. And even with the lack of preparation on 10 days rest, he was terrible at making 2nd half adjustments. That's on the coaching staff. There's a lot more I can get into like player utilization, lack of accountability, etc. but I'd be repeating what many, many have already said.  

How about Ulbrich? Listen. The defense has, once again, been solid. But you cannot. I repeat. You cannot allow teams to run the ball on you the way the Jets have allowed the Niners, the Broncos, even the Titans to run the ball on them. Run D has been a massive issue for the Jets and its not about talent. Its about preparation, tackling, in game adjustments and personnel. That falls on coaching.  

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

Hackett is not helping. And while players need to be held accountable for the dumb penalties, you coach your players to be disciplined if you plan to run a system with Rodgers at the helm changing plays and trying to draw the opposing defense offsides. 

And Saleh is. He should have had this team a lot better prepared for the Broncos game. And even with the lack of preparation on 10 days rest, he was terrible at making 2nd half adjustments. That's on the coaching staff. There's a lot more I can get into like player utilization, lack of accountability, etc. but I'd be repeating what many, many have already said.  

How about Ulbrich? Listen. The defense has, once again, been solid. But you cannot. I repeat. You cannot allow teams to run the ball on you the way the Jets have allowed the Niners, the Broncos, even the Titans to run the ball on them. Run D has been a massive issue for the Jets and its not about talent. Its about preparation, tackling, in game adjustments and personnel. That falls on coaching.  

Our WRs can’t get open.  Even GW.  Aaron is forced to hold onto the ball way too long because he has to wait 6-7 seconds for someone to finally get open

this even happened in the patriots game.  Aaron had to run out of the pocket and keep waiting and get chased until one of his receivers could get open coming back to him.  If this happened facing a crappy Patriots secondary ofcourse a better defense like the broncos is going to shut us down 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No he’s not.  We aren’t talented or deep enough at WR

Garret wilson Mike Williams and Lazard are about as nfl average above average a group you can get. They are excellent WR 1, 2 and 3. to act like we dont have talent there is silly. hell gipson is pretty darn good wr4. if you replace hackett with pretty much any other Off coordinator in the league they are lighting up the score board.