Is Joe Douglas the problem?

Just now, kdels62 said:

He was fine. The team had 40 yards rushing and didn’t have a counter for the blitz. He wasn’t perfect but his skills were the only reason why the team moved at all.

He wasn’t fine.  He was brutally bad.  24 for 42.  Took a ton of sacks.  Looked rattled.  He let the defense rattle him and dictate to him.  We didn’t get Rodgers to be a mediocre to bad QB who teams like Denver dictate to.  We got him to carry the O and dictate to the defense.  He was flat out crappy.  

We didn’t get Rodgers to play like he played today.  He looked like a bottom 10 NFL starter today.

JD has been mostly awful throughout his stretch.  The biggest thing he's had going for him is a continuing list of excuses.

This has really all become an exact copy of the Maccagnan / Bowles narratives that were going on around here in 2018, with the same arguments made then being repeated right now, despite how objectively wrong they were all proven to be last time.  Many here were adamant about how much more talented Mac's roster was than their performance at that time, with Bowles to blame for it all, yet that story only changed once needing to start making excuses for JD.

Those two needed to live and die together last time around, but we instead ended up with Adam Gase.  JD was simply the remaining reject GM candidate that no other team wanted when multiple other hirings had been done months earlier.  The team needs to not repeat the same past foolishness this time around.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, I agree. A QB who could’ve put up more than 9 points would’ve been a great thing to have today

Yeah, if only Saleh had somebody like Braelon Allen to pound it in from the 1-yard line.

Your boy is in over his head.  HOF QB with a 13-0 record on long rest and Saleh helps him find his first loss to a rookie QB.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, if only Saleh had somebody like Braelon Allen to pound it in from the 1-yard line.

Your boy is in over his head.  HOF QB with a 13-0 record on long rest and Saleh helps him find his first loss to a rookie QB.

“Your” boy is going to be 41 yo in a few weeks. He doesn’t look like a HOF QB now. He looks old and tired.

• Ugh 1

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Is this the game we're going to play?

Pretend every bad game is representative of what happens every week?

Yes.  Saleh had extra days to prepare the jets and they still came out pretty flat.  Too many stupid penalties.  This should’ve been a win.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

“Your” boy is going to be 41 yo in a few weeks. He doesn’t look like a HOF QB now. He looks old and tired.

Sorry you didn't hear any of my takes during the Rodgers pursuit.  I said a million times that they overpaid given his age, injury risk and salary.

But he's here now so I'm going to root for him.  You keep looking for ways to excuse Saleh.

46 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

He drafted a WR that can't get snaps over Xavier Gipson, something is not adding up here

One could argue the Coaches are making mistakes as to who they play when.

Gipson is a great example, guys not worthy of any playing time tbqh.

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sorry you didn't hear any of my takes during the Rodgers pursuit.  I said a million times that they overpaid given his age, injury risk and salary.

But he's here now so I'm going to root for him.  You keep looking for ways to excuse Saleh.

I’m not looking to excuse Saleh. He’s as bad as JD. I just refuse to take the lazy excuse and blame him for everything that happens on the field.
At some point, all this so called “talent”  needs to man up and get it done between the lines.

The GM has done his job of providing talent.

The owner was very much in the mix of hiring the head coach and probably was the owner that Hand picked the coach.

I am sure the GM is throwing his beer bottle through the TV just like all the arm chair GMs here.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One could argue the Coaches are making mistakes as to who they play when.

Gipson is a great example, guys not worthy of any playing time tbqh.

So, the argument here is Gipson stinks and it's the coaching staff's problem for playing him?

Just now, FidelioJet said:

So, the argument here is Gipson stinks and it's the coaching staff's problem for playing him?

That is one of several arguments I'd make.

Another is "Jets coaches are misusing Hall and Allen".

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That is one of several arguments I'd make.

Another is "Jets coaches are misusing Hall and Allen".

I will agree.  Saleh is far too slow to move of his "stars" but Gipson has no right even being a legit target.  Allens' lack of usage is beyond me.

29-58

His best seasonal record was year 1 with Mike Maccagnan’s roster.

He has been atrocious by any objective measure and the love he has from our fanbase is bizarre. 

Also putting it all on Saleh like he wasn’t Douglas’ hire is hilarious. Saleh’s failures are by extension his.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Hael said:

We have a ton of talent.  But this type of game isn’t won with talent.   This is a typical hard nosed NFL game, in the elements, where it usually comes down to a few plays here and there.   The type that the Patriots in their dynasty used to win every single time.  

This game was about mistakes, lack of veteran leadership (other than Rogers) and our playmakers simply not making that one ‘killer’ play to end things.

So its hard to know who to blame, but Saleh and the coaching staff definitely shares a lot of blame.  But ultimately I blame the core of our team.. THe Quinnen Williams, Sauce, GW etc who simply didn’t get it done.

Why would you say “other than Rodgers”? He wasn’t good at all today.

I don’t understand why so many of you seem afraid to go on record when he doesn’t play well.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He isn’t very good. But I’m no scout but Douglas eyeing Corley as a must have is one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen out of a professional GM. Watching 3 minutes of him on YouTube was enough. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

29-58

He has been atrocious by any objective measure and the love he has from our fanbase is bizarre. 

Also putting it all on Saleh like he wasn’t Douglas’ hire is hilarious. Saleh’s failures are by extension his.

Douglas as usual is hiding and has a trade on his watch where the player has no interest in playing. 

His only problem is not replacing Saleh with a professional. Maybe he's not authorized. Who knows. There is more than enough talent on this deep roster to win. Especially today. The coaching is clearly the problem and Saleh (and Hackett) are completely fkn clueless on anything to do with game planning, or just basic football things. Like running your much stronger back on the goal line instead of a guy who couldn't gain a tough yard to save his life. Everyone on this board could do a better job game planning than these fkn jabronis. If JD cannot see this, than that is a problem... I gotta think he's aware of this phony tho. Wasnt this guy a banker like 10 years ago or something?! He knows defense I will give him that but damn bruh... 

• WTF? 1

In the end good or bad the buck stops with Joe

he hired a terrible coach and the roster is not nearly as talented as folks think it is

This is a make or break season - if I was Joe I would trade for Adams no matter the cost - teams just lock down Wilson

next week I hope Sam does not light us up but I see it coming a mile away 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

29-58

This.

JD is 30 games below .500.  He sucks.  No idea why some jets fans still think he’s good after years of stinkage

• Upvote 3