Keith Carter gonna' Keith Carter

The coaching staff remains the Island of misfit toys with lousy coaching top to bottom. That's why talk about firing Saleh only makes sense if the season is a bust. No change in attitude is going to change this mess of a coaching staff. Everybody knew to steer clear of this sinking ship when they couldn't find anybody to take over for Hackett in the off-season. If Rodgers can't bail out the entire team, this coaching staff is toast. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

I remember when Carter was hired. He was fired immediately after the titans had the worst ranked OL in the nation. And our staff thought - "We NEED this guy".

He's been exactly as expected. It is mind blowing that you can do your job so badly for so long and continue to have it, but here we are.

Was it really that they wanted Carter or Carter was the only OL coach who seriously considered the opening? Not sure which is worse.

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You would think with a bunch of vets on the OL the incompetence of a coach wouldn’t matter much since they already know how to play at a high level 

They can know “how to play” and still be put in position to fail by their coach.

• Upvote 1

Two coaches were so bad that when they were fired it looked like career over. 

But the Jets tripped over their dicks in a rush to hire these guys

Saleh is the worst HC in the league, I guess it is fitting to pair him with the worst OC and worst OL coach in the NFL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Really thought they'd negate Carter by adding high level veterans like Smith and Moses.  My mistake.

I’m not sure why you’re piling on carter for smiths performance. Smith has been in the league to know how to pass block.  It’s the run blocking that is suspect and that comes from saleh.

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

You’d think that would be discussed and fixed

You’d think a lot of things in this life would be discussed and fixed. Football being one of the simplest. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m not sure why you’re piling on carter for smiths performance. Smith has been in the league to know how to pass block.  It’s the run blocking that is suspect and that comes from saleh.

lol wut?

I mean, Saleh sucks, but please blame the right people 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Two coaches were so bad that when they were fired it looked like career over. 

But the Jets tripped over their dicks in a rush to hire these guys

Saleh is the worst HC in the league, I guess it is fitting to pair him with the worst OC and worst OL coach in the NFL

I mean, it wasn’t any different with Gase. And Rex was informally as a HC for a long time before Jets. He, like many, used the Jets to step up in his career.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, it wasn’t any different with Gase. And Rex was informally as a HC for a long time before Jets. He, like many, used the Jets to step up in his career.

True but Gase did have some success and the issue looked like it might be more the FO in Miami than Gase himself. Hackett and Carter were just abject failures in every conceivable way

9 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

True but Gase did have some success and the issue looked like it might be more the FO in Miami than Gase himself. Hackett and Carter were just abject failures in every conceivable way

Eh, I’m not in the market to discern degrees of awful. The general point is this is a we’ll-established pattern.

1 hour ago, jetscanes331 said:

I remember when Carter was hired. He was fired immediately after the titans had the worst ranked OL in the nation. And our staff thought - "We NEED this guy".

He's been exactly as expected. It is mind blowing that you can do your job so badly for so long and continue to have it, but here we are.

Identical to Rich Kotite after the Iggles fired him 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jetscanes331 said:

Well said. Can anyone disagree??,

There was a ton of pressure coming off the left side yesterday.

It doesn't matter if Carter is the real culprit because milquetoast Bobby ain't gonna do sh-t about it.

The only reason he canned LaFleur is because he was ordered to by Joe Douglas and ownership.

It was an untenable situation between ZW and LaFleur, and the Jets chose poorly.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's tough to be king.  saleh hired them.

You don’t make any sense, at all.