Ok the positive spin thread

because why not 

- “the team came out flat”. No, the offense couldnt  execute in a rain storm, the defense forced 6 straight punts and a turnover to open the game. Including a clutch stand after an early fumble 

- “gotta give it to Allen on the 1” sure that is a good option but if Breece is an elite RB1 he needs to get a yard in two carries regardless of RB2 

- “rodgers looked old” he moved better than even the NE and his on the move throws were they only thing that worked, the conditions weren’t exactly conducive to great QB play 

- I remember rodgers coming to MetLife in 2010 and  completing less than 50% or his passes for 9 points 

- it was the “perfect storm”. Unexpected bad weather (great equalizer), Zach on the field, against what might be a top 3 defense at years end. This sh*t can happen to the best 

- buffalo got blown out and Miami is dead. KC has no receivers. Today the Jets are the 5th seed in the AFC 

- we are getting fotu back which should shore up the run defense. Reddick will have to report at some point and play to stay in the NFL 

- Allen is a stud, Mike Williams is a real weapon. The offense will continue to get better as the season rolls on. 

- the defense is very good and matches up well against the top AFC teams. We are a well balanced team that with rodgers under center is going to threaten anybody

- it’s a 17 game season now, pretend SF was pre season and we are 2-1 in a 16 games season. Possibilities for a great season are endless 

• Haha 2

Everyone likes to crap on Denver ... but they lost by 6 to the 3-1 Seahawks, by 7 to the 3-1 Steelers, and beat the 3-1 Bucs 26-7 coming into the game on Sunday.

Maybe not as bad a team as we were supposed to think?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is true but still doesn't make up for the idiotic self inflicted wounds like 15 penalties and some horrible play calling in crucial situations. The Jets beat themselves after having 10 days off and playing at home. A Saleh special. 

Oh I quite agree. We beat ourselves. Again. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if this team came out this flat after 9 days rest against a roster as crappy as Denver, then they aren't real contenders 

That's the bottom line. We can window dress it all you want but super bowl contenders don't lose that game 

The "crappy Denver roster" has gone 2-2 against teams with a combined record of 11-5.

Our "top 5 roster" has gone 2-2 against teams with a combined record of 6-10.

Coaching matters. :-)  

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The "crappy Denver roster" has gone 2-2 against teams with a combined record of 11-5.

Our "top 5 roster" has gone 2-2 against teams with a combined record of 6-10.

Coaching matters. :-)  

Denver and the Jets are two mid squads 

The difference is expectation 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Denver and the Jets are two mid squads 

The difference is expectation 

I would see Denver as having a weaker roster, pushed upwards by better coaching.

Jets ... the opposite.

Expectations tend to come about due to rosters and off-season moves. Which is why we "win" so much. :D 

Reality tends to come about due to the coaching.

(In my opinion, anyway ;-)).

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Everyone likes to crap on Denver ... but they lost by 6 to the 3-1 Seahawks, by 7 to the 3-1 Steelers, and beat the 3-1 Bucs 26-7 coming into the game on Sunday.

They are ******* awful.  They won a game w/ a QB completing 40% of his passes for 60 yards.  They have 1 passing TD on the entire season and it was vs. the sh*tty NY Jets.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if this team came out this flat after 9 days rest against a roster as crappy as Denver, then they aren't real contenders 

That's the bottom line. We can window dress it all you want but super bowl contenders don't lose that game 

Did the defense come out flat? Is it possible that they weren’t flat but a very good defense in horrible weather kicked their ass?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

They are ******* awful.  They won a game w/ a QB completing 40% of his passes for 60 yards.  They have 1 passing TD on the entire season and it was vs. the sh*tty NY Jets.

And they're 2-2, just like us. Against better opposition to boot. ;-) 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

100% but they're not even a playoff team either.  They're about to fall to 2-5 when they lose the next 3 games in embarrassing fashion.  The focus should be, how do we get above .500 for the first time as a regime, if you're into moral victories.

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

100% but they're not even a playoff team either.  They're about to fall to 2-5 when they lose the next 3 games in embarrassing fashion.  The focus should be, how do we get above .500 for the first time as a regime, if you're into moral victories.

Didn’t you predict the Jets would destroy the broncos 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

They beat the sh*tty Jets.  That's why they are 2-2.

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yes

5 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yes.  I didnt realize they were ******* absolutely awful. 

I think you need a time out Spicolli.  Why don't you grab that fiberglass board and go splash around in the water for a bit. 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

If I were to spin this positively, this is where I’d go. Plus, if our dumbass coaches feed Allen on the goal line, we probably win the game. Plus, the team escaped a wet Metlife relatively healthy. 

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

I think you need a time out Spicolli.  Why don't you grab that fiberglass board and go splash around in the water for a bit. 

PSA: @Pac grew up in a middle-class household.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

The ocean is flat or I would but guess what's going to be embarrassing? When a guy who doesnt even stand on fiber glass but instead, lays his fat belly on foam and rides waves prone proceeds to rip this D to shreds.

Sorry.  Its just fact, the Jets suck something awful but at least we have you as our Captain to guide us through another disasterous season vs. that coward narcist weirdo. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Drums said:

If I were to spin this positively, this is where I’d go. Plus, if our dumbass coaches feed Allen on the goal line, we probably win the game. Plus, the team escaped a wet Metlife relatively healthy. 

We only get injuries when we win. :D  

• Upvote 1