Woody speaks (begs Reddick to report)

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Week 2 of 2023 on I will concede Saleh definitely seemed disinterested.  Third year in a row he had Zach forced on him — that will break any coach.

I wouldn't say that early, but he had definitely checked out by Thanksgiving last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It sounds like Hackett is getting let go too. Saleh was on borrowed time. The stair running, the skipping the combine, the ridiculous commercial, we’ll keep doing what we’re doing, nothing part of football, and most importantly not winning- a change had to happen at the top. 

Exactly. I think woody is tired of losing and is getting rid of these people in order of how much he can’t stand them

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GQMartin said:

And Saleh brought the positivity for a while. 

You can see the twinkle in his eyes fade rapidly since he’s been here. It was obvious Saleh couldn’t sell his positivity schtick towards the end because he didn’t believe it himself. 

This and he knows he doesn’t have the offensive coaches to fix the offense. The last Hail Mary was Rodgers bailing everyone out

• Upvote 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

this is what sealed saleh's fate. that moronic crap he said about "we just gotta keep doing what we're doing" uhh no dipsh*t you're losing and look like sh*t doing it....you gotta change what you're doing

The jets are 2-3. We have had way worse starts to seasons

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If he believed that strongly in Douglas job he would already be extended instead of being a lame duck though would he not?

Yeah, maybe.

I don't know that he's 100% getting extended, but unless they win just 1-2 games for the rest of the season I think it's likely that'll happen after the season. If the season turns around to a playoff berth - even if weakly, as a wildcard 6th seed or winning the division as its only 9-win team - yeah I think he'll get extended. They're just not there yet. 

It's not a wish for or against; just my guess as to what'll happen. 

Good coaching covers up a lot of misses & mishaps. Bad coaching magnifies them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

this is what sealed saleh's fate. that moronic crap he said about "we just gotta keep doing what we're doing" uhh no dipsh*t you're losing and look like sh*t doing it....you gotta change what you're doing

“We were going through self-scout, and there was a little bitching about some of the stuff that we were seeing on tape, and I said, ‘Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Guys, we are PVO. We are Positive Vibes Only, we’re not complaining about what we see, we are finding ways to get better,’” Saleh told The Post. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

So all this and still no Adams? Wtf we doing. 

Woody is only willing to make the moves that don’t cost him any cash.  He wants Reddick to report without paying him.  And he only wants Adams if the Raiders will pay him to be here.  

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hackett was the worst head coach in nfl history.  Rodgers doesnt want him as head coach.  He wants him right where he is.

I'm so sick of Rodgers and Hackett both.  I bet Green Bay fans are laughing their asses off.

Jets' Woody Johnson can't get enough of Tim Tebow

Published: Aug 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Deja Vu all over again only this time it's AR8 and his pet OC.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

The change will bring "energy and positivity" per Woody.   That's the reason he hired Saleh.  Not for how he handles and motivates a wide range of players.  Not for his coaching ability or ability to out scheme the opposition.  Energy and Positivity.  Those are the only two things Saleh brought to the team.  

He's making the change to double down on energy and positivity.  

Woody is a boob.

Yea, Saleh brought energy and positivity like at home to Denver when you allow over 100 yards in penalties without holding anyone accountable and spotting the Vikings 17 unanswered points before you get your team to start playing. Tell us another one.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Implied in Woody's comments: Joe Douglas is safe.

Shielded Douglas from getting his hands dirty + massaged his big bald head over how talented he thinks the roster is + lends an effort to get Reddick in.

If it was otherwise, he may as well have canned Douglas at the same time, seeing how the only lingering GM moves left are a potential Adams trade and getting Reddick to show up. The former is in play because of Rodgers not Douglas, and the latter was already unresolved for 6 months and counting with Douglas at the helm, so it's not like Douglas is of singular importance in terms of those two players suiting up for the Jets. Other than that... what's the other big move that an interim GM really couldn't handle? So it's just a guess but Douglas seems safe. 

Then again I thought Saleh would just tread water for the rest of the season, so there's that. 

I'm with you on this all down the line.

I will add tho, I don't believe for one second that Aaron Rodgers wasn't both consulted and supportive of this firing before it was made.  No chance in hell Woody makes this move, and by his own admissions "talked to Rodgers on Monday", without this being a topic they discussed, and Rodgers agreeing Saleh should go.  Rodgers saves Hackett, and buys a scapegoat for his own piss poor play this season.

Maybe if Hackett is fired tomorrow, I might think differently, but if not...