Offensive players feeling at a disadvantage as a result of the coaching staff

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

? The guy that ran the defense is now the head coach. 

Saleh wasn’t a defensive coordinator anymore. Slobbering on Bobby’s knob because of how good the defense was under his reign conveniently ignores the fact that he wasn’t responsible for the defense, but rather, the entire team. 

So the guy that ran the defense now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Please don't act naive to prove a false point.

He was in charge of the defense.  Yes, he had a DC but it was his defense.   

He was supposed to be the head coach.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

? The guy that ran the defense is now the head coach. 

Saleh wasn’t a defensive coordinator anymore. Slobbering on Bobby’s knob because of how good the defense was under his reign conveniently ignores the fact that he wasn’t responsible for the defense, but rather, the entire team. 

Exactly.

Saleh ran the defense, now they took his #1 and promoted him to HC...

While the entire world understands the offense is the problem.

I have no problem getting rid of Saleh, he looked like a beaten man.  Getting rid of him and promoting his DC isn't solving any problem though.

With that said, I'll give Ulbrich the benefit of the doubt and say he needs time to think - let's see if he makes any drastic changes. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Please don't act naive to prove a false point.

He was in charge of the defense.  Yes, he had a DC but it was his defense.   

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Exactly.

Saleh ran the defense, now they took his #1 and promoted him to HC...

While the entire world understands the offense is the problem.

I have no problem getting rid of Saleh, he looked like a beaten man.  Getting rid of him and promoting his DC isn't solving any problem though.

With that said, I'll give Ulbrich the benefit of the doubt and say he needs time to think - let's see if he makes any drastic changes. 

NO!!!!

He wasn’t “in charge of the defense,” he was in charge of the team. And he was lousy at it. We have no idea what kind of head coach Ulbrich will be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

So the guy that ran the defense now has to corral the circus that is the offense? 

“So a guy who ran the offense now has to corral the circus that is the offense”

”So a guy who ran the defense now has to coral the circus that is the offense”

”So a guy who ran the special teams now has to coral the circus that is the offense”

• WTF? 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

“So a guy who ran the offense now has to corral the circus that is the offense”

”So a guy who ran the defense now has to coral the circus that is the offense”

”So a guy who ran the special teams now has to coral the circus that is the offense”

You ok?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Good thing we fired the guy that ran the defense.

I am so confused... so did you like, want JD fired, and Saleh kept?! I know you want JD fired badly, but you seem crazy defensive of Saleh. You DO know Saleh was the Head Coach, not JD right? 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Good thing we fired the guy that ran the defense.

Therein lies the problem. Saleh was content running the defense but his job was HC, and he needed to get the team prepared, not just the defense. He had to design a plan for all parts of the team to win

He spent more time thinking of slogans than figuring out how to outsmart opponents. Guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love the idea that Rodgers is perturbed at the idea of being looked to for leadership lol

Remember when people said he would transform the culture the moment he walked in the door, just like Brady in Tampa Bay

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Frankie Green said:

I am so confused... so did you like, want JD fired, and Saleh kept?! I know you want JD fired badly, but you seem crazy defensive of Saleh. You DO know Saleh was the Head Coach, not JD right? 

Not being defensive of Saleh.  It's fine if you want to get rid of him, just two things.

1)  I just think it's too easy to simply scapegoat him - he's far from the only problem. 

2)  And firing him isn't solving the problem.

So sure, fire Saleh - it's looked to me like he's given up quite a while ago.   But let's be realistic about the organization as a whole.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Are you? 

Your point made so sense, as I illustrated for you 

First, you're right. My point did make "so sense". I mean, I'd be grammatically correct about it and add "much", but I feel you.

You argued that Saleh, the HC, wasn't involved in the defense and that Ulbrich, the DC, was responsible for the defense's success. Ulbrich is now the head coach so either.. unlike your assertion that previous HC was not involved in the defense.. he will be involved with the defense or he will take on the role of the HC which will mean someone else will need to fulfill his role running the defense who may or may not be as good as Ulbrich.

So is Ulbrich just going to ignore the offense now that he's HC? Were the complaints that Saleh was too focused on the defense baseless and he was actually acting as HC of the whole team? Is whomever replaces Ulbrich a hidden genius who be just as much a genius as he was?

I'm excited to see the knots you twist yourself into to keep arguing that everything will just the same yet better!

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not being defensive of Saleh.  It's fine if you want to get rid of him, just two things.

1)  I just think it's too easy to simply scapegoat him - he's far from the only problem. 

2)  And firing him isn't solving the problem.

So sure, fire Saleh - it's looked to me like he's given up quite a while ago.   But let's be realistic about the organization as a whole.

There are many problems, but first step in not throwing another season down the terlet, is replacing HC if he stubbornly refuses to make any changes or adjustments, as he was, for years now... team needs a spark. Next up, those bums Hackett and Carter! 

• Post of the Week 1