Jeff Ulbrich Press Conference 10/10

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hackett had already been stripped of play-calling duties by Saleh. Ulbrich simply isn't reversing that move.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/robert-saleh-removed-play-calling-duties-from-nathaniel-hackett-before-being-fired

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Then, after the meeting, Saleh found out he was being fired in the classic sense.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, that Rodgers got Saleh fired.

I thought there were reports that this did not happen

so confused

only the jets can fire a coach that everyone wants fired and f it up

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’ve been saying this on repeat for weeks now.

13 total first drive points in 22 games under Hackett.

29% of the average team who has scored 44 points (5 TDs + 3 FGs).

A statistical anomaly but not really.

More a reflection of a lack of strike first mentality, a disregard for modern offensive football, a scheme over strategy approach, and an utter lack of creativity.  Some of which was likely dictated or condoned by our former HC.

I also think it was a byproduct of saleh’s overall strategy of not taking risks early, letting the defense do its thing and keeping games close, rather than attacking and trying to score early.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hackett had already been stripped of play-calling duties by Saleh. Ulbrich simply isn't reversing that move.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/robert-saleh-removed-play-calling-duties-from-nathaniel-hackett-before-being-fired

At a meeting on Tuesday morning, Saleh informed the coaching staff that passing game coordinator Todd Downing would become the game-day play-caller, with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett demoted. Hackett wasn’t being fired in the classic sense, but it was going to be his decision to whether he stayed.

Then, after the meeting, Saleh found out he was being fired in the classic sense.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, that Rodgers got Saleh fired.

This is such a clown show.  

Again, I don’t disagree with result.  But the process is completely messed up.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I also think it was a byproduct of saleh’s overall strategy of not taking risks early, letting the defense do its thing and keeping games close, rather than attacking and trying to score early.  

Agreed and that’s part of the problem, no?

The Jets D is supposedly built to play with a lead, not from behind.

The team that scores first wins 60% of the time.

An offense with the lead has the opposing defense on its heals and off balance.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is such a clown show.  

Again, I don’t disagree with result.  But the process is completely messed up.  

The problem isn’t that they’re doing these things but that they didn’t do it in the offseason to have time to implement it.  It’s unclear if saleh convinced everyone to keep things the same or if woody allowed it.  Clearly woody is fed up with not scoring points.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, i remember shea said:

Read the room. Take a time out. Or maybe put the phone away during recess and don’t pick it up again until your homework is done. 

Joe w is nuts but we know that and it is part of his charm

he is a good dude and a former capt

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Fake news

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is encouraging.  Listen, there is no downside here as Hackett was that bad.  But I do question how much will actually change w/ Hackett still being here snd having the OC title.

I would feel much better if Hackett was fired today.

LOL

you’ve been ranting nonstop for 2 days about how Rodgers had Bobby fired to block a Hackett demotion

🤣🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I like that he identified and stated they need to dictate the game and take it to the other team early.

Can't be afraid to make plays or worry about how it will be perceived. In other words, don't coach and play in order to save your job!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

He mentions Moses is on track to play. Let's hope that's accurate.

Fully expects Moses to play on Monday night & possibly Corley as well.

Corley has been dealing with a hamstring issue.

It's not too often I'm looking forward to Monday getting here, but I am this week.

• Upvote 2