Changes Id like to see under Ulbrich

1- Run the damn ball.  The opposing def being in our backfield every time we run the ball needs to stop.  I think this will be jeffs #1 priority.

2- Less zone and more man coverage in the secondary.  We have good corners.  Let them line up and lock down the receivers.  

3- Blitzing.  Lets ramp that up a bit.  We dont have to blitz like Rex but we were not aggressive enough under Saleh.  Bring more corners, safeties, lbs etc.  

If Ulbrich can get the running game on track, force more turnovers by blitzing and let our corners man up and lock down, I think this will a much better football team.

Its sole possession time.

Lets do this!!!!

• Upvote 2

Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, and Tyler Conklin are the Jets’ three every-down skill players. The results yielded by the other two skill spots are largely dependent on the coaching staff’s deployment decisions. It’s time for the Jets to drop the “identity” schtick and put the best five out there. Drop the 12 personnel and increase the 11 personnel (more Mike Williams) and 21 personnel (more Breece Hall/Braelon Allen packages).

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1- Run the damn ball.  The opposing def being in our backfield every time we run the ball needs to stop.  I think this will be jeffs #1 priority.

Duh.

Every team wants to run the ball, especially defensive-minded head coaches.

But they need to throw more on early downs to set up the run instead of being predictable "run run pass" all the time.

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

2- Less zone and more man coverage in the secondary.  We have good corners.  Let them line up and lock down the receivers.  

3- Blitzing.  Lets ramp that up a bit.  We dont have to blitz like Rex but we were not aggressive enough under Saleh.  Bring more corners, safeties, lbs etc.  

Um, why would we expect the D-Co who has been coaching/calling the D for several years to change the D now just because he was elevated to Interim HC?  Do you believe Ulbrich ran a different type of D, but called it as he has because of Saleh?  

I expect we'll see Ulbrich run the same D that got him elevated to Interim HC, not to start making wholesale changes to his D like changing coverage scheme preferences or suddenly become blitz-heavy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Um, why would we expect the D-Co who has been coaching/calling the D for several years to change the D now just because he was elevated to Interim HC?  Do you believe Ulbrich ran a different type of D, but called it as he has because of Saleh?  

I expect we'll see Ulbrich run the same D that got him elevated to Interim HC, not to start making wholesale changes to his D like changing coverage scheme preferences or suddenly become blitz-heavy.

I think Saleh could have held Ulbrich's aggressiveness back.  I dont not think Ulbrich is just a carbon copy of Saleh.  

He can now add his own wrinkles without the "conservative saleh cloud" hanging over him.

• Upvote 1

I think they still desperately need to bring in an experienced senior offensive assistant.

Not sure who's out there, but I'd take anyone with some street cred at this point, even a geezer in the Tom Moore mold at this point.

One of Saleh's biggest mistakes was never filling the position vacated by the tragic death of Gregg Knapp.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Ulbrich can get the running game on track, force more turnovers by blitzing and let our corners man up and lock down, I think this will a much better football team.

Lets do this!!!!

The number one thing to do is fix the line and run game, 100 percent agreed. Half of Breese halls runs he is hit at the line by an unblocked guy. They need to fix that. That will help everything else. We do not need aaron rodger throwing as much as he has been. There is no excuse for us to not be able to run plays. The coaching has been the issue here and needs to be addressed first

• Upvote 1

Let's come out aggressively and score points on the first drive.  

NO - don't just try to establish the run if it's not there.  Take what the defense gives you and keep them off balance.

Use some creativity for Christ's sake.  Stop being so darn predictable.  For example, how shocked would the opposing team be if we came out no huddle, 5 wide?  Play loose and to win.

Ruckert is killing us this year blocking.  Absolutely killing us.  He takes a seat on the bench.  More 3 WR and 2 RB sets.

Strategic game planning.  Act like you've been doing something to prepare all week and play match up football.

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

For some strange reason, I imagine this was originally written in crayon. 

If Joe W. Namath is okay with this burn, then that sh*t is F-U-N-N-Y. 

If not, well....That sh*t is still F-U-N-N-Y.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

NO - don't just try to establish the run if it's not there.  Take what the defense gives you and keep them off balance.

Use some creativity for Christ's sake.  Stop being so darn predictable.  For example, how shocked would the opposing team be if we came out no huddle, 5 wide?  Play loose and to win.

Ruckert is killing us this year blocking.  Absolutely killing us.  He takes a seat on the bench.  More 3 WR and 2 RB sets.

Strategic game planning.  Act like you've been doing something to prepare all week and play match up football.

Or imagine if we took a shot 40-50 yards down the field.  This dink and dunk passing attack is waaaay to easy to defend.

Even an incompletion on a shot down the field would be a win as at least now the bills would have to respect it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

If Joe W. Namath is okay with this burn, then that sh*t is F-U-N-N-Y. 

If not, well....That sh*t is still F-U-N-N-Y.

All the nobodys are out in this thread.  Thats ok.  Even they are welcome.

The P-E-O-P-L-E's Captain is talking Ulbrich.  Get with the program!!

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Here's the Jets offensive game plan for the last 22 games- regardless of QB, opposition, playing surface, or weather.

It's the same.

1. Start conservatively, run or short pass on 1st offensive play

2. Establish the run, regardless of opposition and even if it's not working

3. Play a defensive minded game, maximizing points isn't a primary goal

4. Take the play clock down to a few seconds ... slow tempo

5. 2 TE sets and zone blocking are a big part of our scheme, doesn't matter if they are overall or matchup weaknesses

6. Creativity is the enemy of scheme

A tight, highly predictable offense and a defense that knows it cannot make mistakes typically leads to being down in due time before a flurry of in game adjustments are made, at a point in time where the Offense makes itself 1 dimensional playing from behind.  

One of the changes Ulbrich should consider is at RG. AVT tore his Achilles last year, and clearly it has affected his ability, especially as a run blocker. He's not as quick and doesn't have the drive to move people or block in open space.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lets do this!!!!

And accountability. Too many penalties.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All the nobodys are out in this thread.  Thats ok.  Even they are welcome.

The P-E-O-P-L-E's Captain is talking Ulbrich.  Get with the program!!

Well Captain, if by nobody you mean the P-E-O-P-L-E-S champion, then I would be included in the nobody's as well. And we nobodies created the program!

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The 3 TE 2 TE sets suck. We need to not run Hall up the gut with no blocking on first and second down. Baldy did some great break downs on how on every play of every drive you have people just not doing what they are supposed to do, whether it is a block or not catching etc. Dicipline is the problem, coaches to get them prepared to do what they need to do was the problem. 

Maybe Brick will hopefully have downing work on a set of like 4 or 5 plays that they are run no matter what. Everyone knowing what to do and not missing blocks etc. Have Hall in space, not up the guy etc. Get our lineman ready to make some holes and let our boy go to work. Half his plays were failure before the snap. There is just no use in running our plays that have failed every week. need to identify plays that are based on our players not hackett whims.