At this point I'm convinced

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets were good under Parcells.  You bring in a veteran responsible leader then you have a chance.  Of course, those don't come around very often and we passed on both Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh.

Woody needs needs to remove himself from football operations and become the financier of the business and nothing more. No office in Florham Park. No suite at the stadium. No strolling the practice field in July. No meddling in the war room on draft day.

He should be the man who signs the checks and nothing more.

Until he does that, nothing will change.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The last time this team had success was Rex Ryan, because he had his guys believing they could punch anyone in the mouth. And brought in guys who backed that sentiment up. Obviously it wasn't perfect. 

Woody blows because he can't pick a good front office/HC and then when he does and it goes wrong he gets involved too much and gets all messy because he wants to win now and that's how we get to where we are. 

What's crazy is that Rodgers was supposed to be the bridge.  A guy to help us compete for a Superbowl during a short window, bridging the gap from Zach to either reformed Zach or whoever his replacement ended up being.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Rodgers could do this much damage to the culture of the team.  Honestly I didn't even think the culture could take anymore damage before we brought him in.  I thought that was as low as we could go.  I was clearly wrong.  It's not even all his fault.  In fact it's mostly Woody's.  He got so aroused by the idea of Rodgers running this offense that he decided to build the entire team around him, to the point of essentially giving him assistant-GM duties.  Having input on coaching personnel decisions.  They had a chance to actually build something special here and they blew their ******* load on a 40 year old QB, flushing it all down the toilet.  

Your second sentence though has me nervous that Woody might actually hand the keys to Belichick, or at least be willing to(who knows if BB would even want it).  The fact that he can't pick a winning GM/HC combo might lead him to this decision, since Belichick has proven he can do both.  It's crazy that as bad as things are now, they could get even worse depending on how Woody goes about this hiring process.

**** me, this is going to be a long 3-4 months.

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

What's crazy is that Rodgers was supposed to be the bridge.  A guy to help us compete for a Superbowl during a short window, bridging the gap from Zach to either reformed Zach or whoever his replacement ended up being.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Rodgers could do this much damage to the culture of the team.  Honestly I didn't even think the culture could take anymore damage before we brought him in.  I thought that was as low as we could go.  I was clearly wrong.  It's not even all his fault.  In fact it's mostly Woody's.  He got so aroused by the idea of Rodgers running this offense that he decided to build the entire team around him, to the point of essentially giving him assistant-GM duties.  Having input on coaching personnel decisions.  They had a chance to actually build something special here and they blew their ******* load on a 40 year old QB, flushing it all down the toilet.  

Your second sentence though has me nervous that Woody might actually hand the keys to Belichick, or at least be willing to(who knows if BB would even want it).  The fact that he can't pick a winning GM/HC combo might lead him to this decision, since Belichick has proven he can do both.  It's crazy that as bad as things are now, they could get even worse depending on how Woody goes about this hiring process.

The culture is from Saleh. Changing to Ulbrich wasn't gonna do anything. It's still Saleh's culture and what he built. And what he built is f'n soft across the board, with bad coaches. 

They never attack on defense or offense. They get bullied every single week. No body in that building has confidence. They just all hoped Rodgers would save the day and lift everyone. So now that he can't, it's back to square one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The last time this team had success was Rex Ryan, because he had his guys believing they could punch anyone in the mouth. And brought in guys who backed that sentiment up. Obviously it wasn't perfect. 

Woody blows because he can't pick a good front office/HC and then when he does and it goes wrong he gets involved too much and gets all messy because he wants to win now and that's how we get to where we are. 

Completely agree here. While Rex wasn’t an upper echelon coach he had his players believing, even when the roster was bad he still had them competitive most games.

The point being as good as the roster is or isn’t if you don’t have the right coach you aren’t going anywhere. The right coach and the right assistants that he hires. I’m not blaming Ulbrich as he was put in a tough spot and is still saddled with Saleh assistants who suck for the most part.

But this comes back to what a lot of us were saying going into the last 2 years. Saleh ain’t it and we need a complete coaching staff overhaul. Best case scenario of firing Saleh was going to provide a marginal spark and maybe win us a couple more games. Worst case, we end up in the same boat we would have been with Saleh but get started on the coaching search early.

We are in worst case…we need a culture enema and that only happens with the right coach with the gravitas to ensure it happens throughout the organization.

• Upvote 1

After 1000 coaches, superstar drafting , legend HOF players and Qbs, new uniforms … only thing that stays the same is the woody Johnson is the owner of this team and Namath …. The true cause of this teams bullsh*t is between these 2 things one got to go

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Woody is going to sell.

I hope you’re right but why do you say that?   

His flaws and failure as an owner have been discussed ad nauseam.   However, he obviously is tired of losing and tries to fix it.  

You think he will just give up?

15 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

BB hates Woody, and hates the Jets.  He takes shots at Woody all the time, and to be honest, he isn't wrong.

• Upvote 3

The Jets have the wrong people managing, coaching, and playing for this team.  The systems are weak, the coaches are subpar, and the players are overrated.  It's not because of a mythical "curse."  That's a lazy, intellectually dishonest answer.

I'd love to change owners, but the reality is that it's not happening.  The Jets have had a couple of short, relatively successful stretches under Woody since the late 90s.  He's a big part of the problem, but if he can somehow manage to hire the right person/people to build the team and fundamentally change the culture, this team can and will get turned around in time.  He needs to learn how to stop meddling and falling into the trap of making splash moves.

Joe Douglas was supposed to be the solution.  The execution of his plan has failed on nearly all fronts (coaching selections, draft picks, free agency).  On to the next one.  Maybe Woody gets it right, or maybe he doesn't.  But the fate of the team lies with that decision.  Not on a curse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, chirorob said:

BB hates Woody, and hates the Jets.  He takes shots at Woody all the time, and to be honest, he isn't wrong.

The fun thing about Woody giving BB a ton of money and control is he would continue to bad mouth at press confrences.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

The culture is from Saleh. Changing to Ulbrich wasn't gonna do anything. It's still Saleh's culture and what he built. And what he built is f'n soft across the board, with bad coaches. 

They never attack on defense or offense. They get bullied every single week. No body in that building has confidence. They just all hoped Rodgers would save the day and lift everyone. So now that he can't, it's back to square one.

At best I think it's a combo of the two.  Obviously the culture was dogsh*t before Rodgers got here.  However having him now, playing like a below average QB, and bringing this vibe of "wow this team really sucks - not me though, I'm doing all I can - but this team just sucks" has taken things to a level I didn't even know existed.  Regardless, everyone has to go.  Rodgers, Joe, the coaching staff, a bunch of the older players.  Clean off as much of this stink as you possibly can.  In a perfect world Woody would sell, but that sh*t ain't gonna happen.

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

You could wipe this team out and pick ANY ******* players from this league that you want.  Mahomes or Allen at QB, Barkley at RB, JJ, AJ Brown, Davante at WR, an OL full of guys fresh off 1st team AP seasons, the ******* 2000 Ravens defense.  A young Parcells calling the shots with whatever ******* staff he decided to bring in.  It wouldn't matter, because as soon as these guys put that Jets jersey on and step onto the field they'll sh*t themselves and forget how to play football.

I've been a fan of some sh*tty teams but I've never bought into the "cursed" stuff.  Jets, Mets, Islanders, all since '86.  38 years of bullsh*t.  I've seen some bad years.  Ugly years.  Embarrassing years.  This one might be the most infuriating though.  Just a team of talented players who don't give a ****.  Actually let me correct that - they do give a ****, but instead of wanting to fix it they'd rather point fingers and say "not my fault".  It's a joke.  At this point though, I don't see how you fix it unless you wipe out everything, including Woody.  There's a stank on this organization that can't be fixed by just replacing JD, bringing in a new coaching staff and letting them draft a QB.  How tf is that going to change anything when the culture here is so broken?

At least the Mets showed me some heart.  Would be nice to have something to be entertained by until next February, but I guess that ain't gonna happen.  **** this team.  

Its the owner, stupid...

We all know it, but despite this, the fans still still try to convince themselves otherwise.  The fans refuse to see the forest for the trees.  Hope if you like,  Distract yourself with the side stories and the qualities of individual players.  All you are doing is DUPING YOURSELF.

My advice,,, Understand this.  Don.t forget this.  You can still enjoy a good tailgate at the game, or a top notch plate of nachos at home.  As for expecting anything other than an on-field punchline.  Forget it.  

Get sane.  The Jets will ALWAYS be a laughing stock so long as the team is hampered by the TRUST FUND TWIT-BOY

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

31 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I hope you’re right but why do you say that?   

His flaws and failure as an owner have been discussed ad nauseam.   However, he obviously is tired of losing and tries to fix it.  

You think he will just give up?

He's been all-in this year, more public then ever, which just ups the embarrassment factor on him. He's a laughingstock, and it's more public and obvious than ever.

He would've walked away years ago, but then he got a political assignment to keep him distracted. There's nothing new for him on the horizon. Everyone knows he's a born loser and an albatross by association.

The boredom and the humiliation will push him to seek a new investment/hobby. Soon. Mark my words. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Its the owner, stupid...

We all know it, but despite this, the fans still still try to convince themselves otherwise.  The fans refuse to see the forest for the trees.  Hope if you like,  Distract yourself with the side stories and the qualities of individual players.  All you are doing is DUPING YOURSELF.

My advice,,, Understand this.  Don.t forget this.  You can still enjoy a good tailgate at the game, or a top notch plate of nachos at home.  As for expecting anything other than an on-field punchline.  Forget it.  

Get sane.  The Jets will ALWAYS be a laughing stock so long as the team is hampered by the TRUST FUND TWIT-BOY

There is truth to this.  The problem is that the issue with the owner is that he bends to the whim of fans.  He fired Saleh.  Yay!  That is what you all wanted.  It was stupid and a stupid time to do it.  They didn't make a change, just the name at the top.  Bend over for Reddick?  A few weeks before he had to come in?  I kept reading they should, but it seems dumb.  Trade for Davante?  He did what you wanted and they couldn't beat a meh Steelers team with a sh*tty washed up QB playing for the first time in ages.

I've met Woody a bunch of times.  Honestly, he seems like a nice guy.  His wife at the time <ahem> left something to be desired and he went through personal tragedy I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.  He got completely hosed by Dolan and Sheldon Silver over the West Side deal.  We'd be a lot better off if he pretended not to care and spent his time on the beach instead of reading twitter and meddling. 

• Upvote 2

I don’t think that Woody is as big of a problem as people make him out to be. He spends when needed and typically isn’t quick on the trigger finger to fire GMs and HCs. I think he got over his past mistakes of pushing for players like Tebow.

The one issue is Woody has just not found THE GUY to run the organization, whether that be a HC and/or GM. He almost did with Rex, but he needs to find someone who is going to take control of the organization, not just a good play caller etc.

The problem is I’m not sure who that is for this upcoming hiring cycle that would be here for 10-15 years. Vrabel perhaps? Then the next question is if you found your guy, would he want to come to this clown show of a team? Doubtful.

However the allure of taking this job aligns with a the exact kind of personality we need….someone with balls who knows what they’re doing + the ego to take this job on.

This individual has to be someone who Woody will listen to and bend for, which he clearly does for Rodgers. But we need that person to be a coach who also is going to dictate to the GM to a certain degree.

While I think Douglas is fine at picking players and constructing a roster he clearly is not an organizational leader. If he stays he will have to defer to this said coach.

- BB not coming here and basically cemented that with recent comments regarding how hate for the owner.

- Pete Carroll too old for long-term but someone like this on a 3-year deal might be the best we could do. Wouldn’t be the worst hire but I don’t think this is what we need.

- Mike Vrabel, probably out best option and is still young. Would he want to come here though? I doubt it unless Woody gives him a lot of control and obviously $.

- Ben Johnson not really what this team needs. I think he’ll be a great coach but for the right organization. I don’t think his personality matches what this organization needs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

The Jets were good under Parcells.  You bring in a veteran responsible leader then you have a chance.  Of course, those don't come around very often and we passed on both Sean Payton and Jim Harbaugh.
... And even as yet ... . Gruden waits

Being a little more serious.. we need a coach that knows how to coach men and not coddle them. Players want stability, confidence, more than anything else they want to be put in positions of victory.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

You could wipe this team out and pick ANY ******* players from this league that you want.  Mahomes or Allen at QB, Barkley at RB, JJ, AJ Brown, Davante at WR, an OL full of guys fresh off 1st team AP seasons, the ******* 2000 Ravens defense.  A young Parcells calling the shots with whatever ******* staff he decided to bring in.  It wouldn't matter, because as soon as these guys put that Jets jersey on and step onto the field they'll sh*t themselves and forget how to play football.

I've been a fan of some sh*tty teams but I've never bought into the "cursed" stuff.  Jets, Mets, Islanders, all since '86.  38 years of bullsh*t.  I've seen some bad years.  Ugly years.  Embarrassing years.  This one might be the most infuriating though.  Just a team of talented players who don't give a ****.  Actually let me correct that - they do give a ****, but instead of wanting to fix it they'd rather point fingers and say "not my fault".  It's a joke.  At this point though, I don't see how you fix it unless you wipe out everything, including Woody.  There's a stank on this organization that can't be fixed by just replacing JD, bringing in a new coaching staff and letting them draft a QB.  How tf is that going to change anything when the culture here is so broken?

At least the Mets showed me some heart.  Would be nice to have something to be entertained by until next February, but I guess that ain't gonna happen.  **** this team.  

Can’t disagree with you.  I remember people would say Mahomes would make the Jets a SB contender if they drafted him I disagreed.  No matter how talented he is he went to the perfect situation and world class head coach.  Jets don’t have that obviously 

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There is truth to this.  The problem is that the issue with the owner is that he bends to the whim of fans.  

So the fans are running the team ??? In corporate/business terms, that is called "management by influence".  And all organizations that come to be run that way fail.  

I have never doubted that Woody is a decent person.  None of my criticism of him has had anything to do with his virtues.

As an administrator of the Jets, he's been a disaster.  That includes who he's chosen to hire to fill that role and how he's interacted and influenced them.

There's someone or something inside of 1JD that is completely killing the spirit of this franchise. Guys come here and completely lose their will to play the game. You saw the same thing with Dan Snyder and you're seeing the same thing in Carolina. No one wants to be around a meddling owner.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I used to chuckle when I'd read "just fold the franchise" but I'm comming around to the idea.  Put us all out of our misery.  Hey better yet maybe that should just move the team to Ca.  That would do it for me.      

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Exactly.  Then you have focus, an identity, a solid and clear management structure.  Just as importantly, you have a very good FOOTBALL MIND at the top that directs the hundreds of moving parts.  Both the manpower and the way the manpower will be used.

Woody hasn't figured this out yet, and he never will. 

At the end of yet another failed season, people will be replaced, but nothing will change.

The Jets are doomed to be a punchline until the ownership changes.

I wonder if Elon Musk would like a football team ??? He paid 44b for X, so why not 7b for the hapless Jets.

I'd love to go see the Jets play at SPACE X Stadium... 

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Its the owner, stupid...

Dude why are you here?  You come here to enjoy the tailgate and the nachos?  No, you're one of the duped, just like all of us.  **** outta here with this bullsh*t.  No one who doesn't care about the Jets spends as much time on this message board as you do.  Pretend like you're not invested in this team all you want, it's cool.  You're just as cooked as the rest of us, and you'll keep coming back like the rest of us.

...and no, the fact that you sh*t on everything doesn't somehow exclude you from being sucked in.  

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

He's been all-in this year, more public then ever, which just ups the embarrassment factor on him. He's a laughingstock, and it's more public and obvious than ever.

He would've walked away years ago, but then he got a political assignment to keep him distracted. There's nothing new for him on the horizon. Everyone knows he's a born loser and an albatross by association.

The boredom and the humiliation will push him to seek a new investment/hobby. Soon. Mark my words. 

I know billionaires hate being embarrassed.  But to quit as a failure?  Maybe, I don’t know…