I like Joe D, but this stings

27 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Drafting a LT was the correct decision, for now and future.   

Corley?  Well, that one he has to answer for.  

Yes, they definitely were in desperate need of a guy who wasn't going to play in a win now year.

But wait, now that they're out of it, he may play some meaningless snaps.

Awesome.

• Post of the Week 1

Drafting a LT was the correct decision, for now and future.   

Corley?  Well, that one he has to answer for.  
Well to be fair .. Saleh's plan for Corley entailed just 'run angry' ... What a rube.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm really curious why people "like" Joe D.. He's presided over one of the worst stretches of Jets football managing to outdo McCagnan and Idzik at losing. Is the off-season championship really that important?

Because he had a 3 year plan.

3 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Just curious, why do you like him when is record is one of brutal failure?

Because I believe the GM picks the players and the coaches get them ready to play.

With a half way decent coach this team is in much better position right  now.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

bowers is only going to be a first team all pro, ya schmucks 

But if they took Bowers, they wouldn't have a young tackle to sit and watch from the bench.  Then what?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Because I believe the GM picks the players and the coaches get them ready to play.

With a half way decent coach this team is in much better position right  now.

I believe that the numbers don't lie and he picked the coaching. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, DonCorleone said:

I believe that the numbers don't lie and he picked the coaching. 

I don't think GM's pick the coaches.  The owners do.

Just this week, between Schefter, Rap Sheet, Cimini, etc... how many times have we heard something along the lines of "Woody Johnson had no loyalty to Robert Saleh because it was his brother Christopher who hired him".

Now of course the GM is going to be part of the discussion, and even if we put it squarely on Joe D, the most important part of the job is adding talent.  I'd let him pick another coach and move forward but I imagine Woody will cave to fan pressure and cut ties after the season.

Good thing for the new GM is he'll have 1 of 2 things.

1) A great foundation to start with to move forward

or, if he so chooses

2) A ton of talent he can trade away to add plenty of picks, many of them premium.

• Thumb Down 1

6 years of absolute abysmal failure as a GM and there’s still a relatively significant portion of this board sticking up for JD ….its truly mystifying to me …I have no words for it . The guy is and has been a disaster. 

• Upvote 2

I ‘ve gotta be honest, you people are exhausting and ridiculous. I’ve said this over and over since the draft… receiving nothing but stupid remarks and arguments from about 99% of you.

Now you all think you discovered the secrets of the universe as you finally catch up.

Unreal.

• Haha 1

6 years of absolute abysmal failure as a GM and there’s still a relatively significant portion of this board sticking up for JD ….its truly mystifying to me …I have no words for it . The guy is and has been a disaster. 

• Upvote 1

Douglas has gotten essentially nothing from rounds 2-7 in every draft he’s run. Besides Mike Carter 2, a slot corner - hats off. An impressively bad draft resume. 

also, the guys who have gotten shots elsewhere have mostly all flamed out- Moore, Mims, Carter

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas has gotten essentially nothing from rounds 2-7 in every draft he’s run. Besides Mike Carter 2, a slot corner - hats off. An impressively bad draft resume. 

also, the guys who have gotten shots elsewhere have mostly all flamed out- Moore, Mims, Carter

Joe Douglas is the Tommy Tutone of GMs. One hit wonder and has been riding it since.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jolot said:

For whatever reason, this fanbase latches on the executives before they even do anything. “In Idzik we trust” lol

Douglas had the one good draft and that’s good enough for an extension to some, results be damned. 

I don’t think Douglas is even as bad as his record indicates, but he still needs to be fired.

40 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Right or wrong, JD has a horrific record. You can't just dismiss it. 

The team has a horrific record with him as the GM.  This is undeniable.

However, that should have been the expectation for the first 2-3 years as there was a need to replace roughly 48 of the 53 guys on the roster.

And it's my opinion that this roster is very talented and if not for the coach being a moron, would be 5-2 at worst right now.

But I get it.  Team sucks, fans are mad and for many it's too emotional to add context.  Let's "burn it all down" and blame everyone.

Just pray the next guy isn't another Idizk/Mac.

• Upvote 4

The team has a horrific record with him as the GM.  This is undeniable.

However, that should have been the expectation for the first 2-3 years as there was a need to replace roughly 48 of the 53 guys on the roster.

And it's my opinion that this roster is very talented and if not for the coach being a moron, would be 5-2 at worst right now.

But I get it.  Team sucks, fans are mad and for many it's too emotional to add context.  Let's "burn it all down" and blame everyone.

Just pray the next guy isn't another Idizk/Mac.
The roster is too skewed towards finesse lightweights. complete whiffs at LT and QB.

This team is as soft as a kiddie school playground.

Joe Douglas does 50% of the things to be a good gm very well.  he is totally atrocious in the other 50% thus you have the jets a 7 win team.

I have no big issue with the Fashanu pick but the corley pick is a disaster so far.   I still think he will be good at some point but not with the current coaches and aaron rodgers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas does 50% of the things to be a good gm very well.  he is totally atrocious in the other 50% thus you have the jets a 7 win team.

I have no big issue with the Fashanu pick but the corley pick is a disaster so far.   I still think he will be good at some point but not with the current coaches and aaron rodgers.

Like I've said before JD is my college roommate. He brought home a girl every weekend -- she was either a 2 or a 9, with nothing in between.

• Haha 2