Who's you favorite actor?

SoFlaJets

Right now I gotta say George Clooney has to be the coolest man in Hollywood-almost everything he makes lately is great.

Another one of my favorites is (and there are many who'll disagree with me here) is Kevin Costner-he just plays everything right.It's something about him always seeming to have his moral center right for me,even The Postman and Waterworld are OK in my book.

Tom Hanks has had some amazing performances over the years; I can pretty much watch anything he does & enjoy it.

I also enjoy Val Kilmer - he can really lose himself in characters... When you watch "The Doors", I forget it's Val, he just embodies Morrison so well... On that note, any actor that can envelope themselves that well... Daniel Day-Lewis comes to mind...

Depp is a ham. Only movie I remember him not badly overacting in was that one he did with Christopher Walken where they kidnapped his daughter.

porky pig couldnt ham it up next to walken

but depp was understated in finding neverland, blow, libertine etc,,

u cant judge based on parts where they wanted him over top aka, pirates and chocolate factory

porky pig couldnt ham it up next to walken

but depp was understated in finding neverland, blow, libertine etc,,

u cant judge based on parts where they wanted him over top aka, pirates and chocolate factory

I coudn't finish watching Pirates I. Chocolate Factory I didn't see, but that one even a non-fan would forgive - it CALLS for eccentric/non-realistic acting. Ditto Ed Wood. It's meant to be over-the-top as a stylistic tool. I wasn't so enamored with his acting "genius" in Blow, Gilbert Grape, From Hell.

Whatever. He's hardly the worst actor out there like some who are just unwatchable. But he's nowhere near the incredible thespian he gets credit for being.

morgan freeman is a good call, along with jack n.

big props to bill murray in several flicks.even though he basically plays himself in most roles, he's entertaining

ya, good call on Murray,, I have enjoyed his recent flicks, BUT he does not stretch himself from a Thespian perspective

ya, good call on Murray,, I have enjoyed his recent flicks, BUT he does not stretch himself from a Thespian perspective

true but he doesn't have to does he. bet I watched groundhogs day 10 times so far. if its on tonight I will post in this thread tomorrow saying I watched it 11 times. what about bob was a classic.

have you seen vindeisal in that new flick about the mob???? he's actually a real good actor in it believe it or not

I also enjoy Val Kilmer - he can really lose himself in characters... When you watch "The Doors", I forget it's Val, he just embodies Morrison so well...

Doc Holiday in "Tombstone". 'Nuff said.

Denzel, Kevin Spacey, Tom Hanks, John Malcovich, Samuel L, Travolta all come to mind also.

Depp was very good in Edward Scissorhands. Ya gotta give him that.

Pirates of the Caribbean sucked, very lame with the trying to be funny pirate. Maybe I'll see dead mans chest when it comes out on dvd and somebody buys it for me.

Depp was very good in Edward Scissorhands. Ya gotta give him that.

Pirates of the Caribbean sucked, very lame with the trying to be funny pirate. Maybe I'll see dead mans chest when it comes out on dvd and somebody buys it for me.

Dead Man's Chest was a good flick. It has a cliffhanger ending though, since it's the 2nd of 3 Pirate movies. Ending is a surprise too.

Val Kilmer's a good actor, although he hasn't been in anything big lately (Alexander doesn't count) Kevin Spacey's a great actor also. He was good in the Negotiator (underrated movie)

Dead Man's Chest was a good flick. It has a cliffhanger ending though, since it's the 2nd of 3 Pirate movies. Ending is a surprise too.

Val Kilmer's a good actor, although he hasn't been in anything big lately (Alexander doesn't count) Kevin Spacey's a great actor also. He was good in the Negotiator (underrated movie)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang might have been the best movie of 2005, and Val did a great job as Gay Perry the Private Eye

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang might have been the best movie of 2005, and Val did a great job as Gay Perry the Private Eye

I keep hearing about that movie. My buddy who's a theatre major said it was hilarious. Might have to rent it.

Archived