JetNation Made Sports Illustrated

Maxman

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read that entire thread on JI. Quite pathetic.

It's funny how they blast us for a (lack of) content, yet they had a question about Madden football on the first page of the Landing Strip. I didn't hang around long enough to stumble upon any discussions of beer or gourmet cheeses.

Did you see who he attacked first???

DK can sniff out Limo from a mile away.

i said what needed to be said:

1. limo calls others losers, but her personal life is not one of a winner so she should not throw stones in her rented glass house.

2.the ji brass was supporting cheating from post #1. Then, they are upset because other cheaters out cheated them

3. Sooth stirs the pot and is very devisive among jet fans. I read wha max posts and i read what sooth posts. max is always joking and taking the high road (despite an occasional jab) and sooth always takes jabs and nothing more

1. limo calls others losers, but her personal life is not one of a winner so she should not throw stones in her rented glass house.

2.the ji brass was supporting cheating from post #1. Then, they are upset because other cheaters out cheated them

3. Sooth stirs the pot and is very devisive among jet fans. I read wha max posts and i read what sooth posts. max is always joking and taking the high road (despite an occasional jab) and sooth always takes jabs and nothing more

JI Board of Directors Meeting:

2_fat_people.jpg

Just read that entire thread on JI. Quite pathetic.

It's funny how they blast us for a (lack of) content, yet they had a question about Madden football on the first page of the Landing Strip. I didn't hang around long enough to stumble upon any discussions of beer or gourmet cheeses.

[:soapbox: ]

There are things we need to improve here. But I am damn proud of what we have accomplished in just over one year. There are a lot of people working very hard to make this place what it is. (Yourself included Troll on the Fantasy Football stuff). For a site that is 100% free and one that does not have a Paypal button -- think about what we offer:

http://www.jetnation.com/?cat=23 ONLINE CHATS

http://www.jetnation.com/?cat=4 Post Of The Week (lol)

Go to the front page and look at the archives on the left hand side. We have new content every week. We have our 1st Podcast being released next week. Wait until you hear this thing, the introduction was recorded by an on air radio dj. Game Previews, Editorials, Weekly Top 10 rankings, Report Cards for each Jet game, Tyson's Tuesday morning QB. VBookie, prizes, contests -- ALL FOR FREE. JetCane's Camp Reports were incredible. There was no agenda there. Just a lifelong diehard fan reporting what he saw each day at camp.

We are in the process of setting up online chats with Rich Cimini, Randy Lange and Andrew Gross (Journal News). We are finalizing the dates for all three. No charge for those either. These guys are kind enough to donate their time and knowledge, no reason we should charge you for that.

So if there is a reason why we are asterik nation it is not because of lack of content. It is not because this place is bad. No instead it is because we offer for free, what other sites are trying to charge you for. And why should you be charged? There is PLENTY of money to be made in advertising on the web these days. That MORE than pays the bills. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. If they do, they are lying.

This is not a fight between JN and ji. This is much smaller than that. This is about a few people not getting along. And for reasons that still baffle me, it blew up and the drama continues to this day. We are JETS fans. We want the best for this team.

Because of one man's agenda we have the situation that we see in front of us. Just remember that JetNation is not about Balance Sheets and General Ledgers. This site is about NY Jets Football. And I am damn proud of it!

[/:soapbox: ]

This is a good point. I take jabs, I know I am not innocent in all of this. I bust balls. It is what I do. Who knows maybe that is why I fell in bad favor at JI.

But regardless this is bad business for Jets fans. It is petty and silly. Just because JN is winning the contest that is no reason for us to fight.

The whole thing is just silly. Beyond silly actually.

[:soapbox: ]

There are things we need to improve here. But I am damn proud of what we have accomplished in just over one year. There are a lot of people working very hard to make this place what it is. (Yourself included Troll on the Fantasy Football stuff). For a site that is 100% free and one that does not have a Paypal button -- think about what we offer:

http://www.jetnation.com/?cat=23 ONLINE CHATS

http://www.jetnation.com/?cat=4 Post Of The Week (lol)

Go to the front page and look at the archives on the left hand side. We have new content every week. We have our 1st Podcast being released next week. Wait until you hear this thing, the introduction was recorded by an on air radio dj. Game Previews, Editorials, Weekly Top 10 rankings, Report Cards for each Jet game, Tyson's Tuesday morning QB. VBookie, prizes, contests -- ALL FOR FREE. JetCane's Camp Reports were incredible. There was no agenda there. Just a lifelong diehard fan reporting what he saw each day at camp.

We are in the process of setting up online chats with Rich Cimini, Randy Lange and Andrew Gross (Journal News). We are finalizing the dates for all three. No charge for those either. These guys are kind enough to donate their time and knowledge, no reason we should charge you for that.

So if there is a reason why we are asterik nation it is not because of lack of content. It is not because this place is bad. No instead it is because we offer for free, what other sites are trying to charge you for. And why should you be charged? There is PLENTY of money to be made in advertising on the web these days. That MORE than pays the bills. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. If they do, they are lying.

This is not a fight between JN and ji. This is much smaller than that. This is about a few people not getting along. And for reasons that still baffle me, it blew up and the drama continues to this day. We are JETS fans. We want the best for this team.

Because of one man's agenda we have the situation that we see in front of us. Just remember that JetNation is not about Balance Sheets and General Ledgers. This site is about NY Jets Football. And I am damn proud of it!

[/:soapbox: ]

applause2.jpg

This is a good point. I take jabs, I know I am not innocent in all of this. I bust balls. It is what I do. Who knows maybe that is why I fell in bad favor at JI.

But regardless this is bad business for Jets fans. It is petty and silly. Just because JN is winning the contest that is no reason for us to fight.

The whole thing is just silly. Beyond silly actually.

and...it makes a LOT of us uncomfortable-guys who have been on Jets boards together a long time-for me,Savage JFF,Senior,Jetswin-who is a mod there -it kinda sucks that we always have to feel we walked into a schoolyard fight-a middle school schoolyard fight-I sometimes after being here all day kinda sneak over there hoping somebody isn't mad at me for being a member here-I can't really put my finger on it but it's weird feeling and really a shame-some people need to grow the eff up

and...it makes a LOT of us uncomfortable-guys who have been on Jets boards together a long time-for me,Savage JFF,Senior,Jetswin-who is a mod there -it kinda sucks that we always have to feel we walked into a schoolyard fight-a middle school schoolyard fight-I sometimes after being here all day kinda sneak over there hoping somebody isn't mad at me for being a member here-I can't really put my finger on it but it's weird feeling and really a shame-some people need to grow the eff up

Dude you post over there? WHat the hell man? I thought that was a different soflajet -- that is messed up man. I can't believe you betrayed me like that.

LOL!!!

Someone stop the insanity!

The Livery vehicle with driver inside outside waiting for Board meeting to end:

sweden7.jpg

Voting technique

1.) Move the main SI window down to about middle of your screen

2.) Move the voting pop-up window so that the radio button for JN is as close to your BACK button as possible

3.) Throw on Whipping Post or something with 3 accented beats in a measure and click in a triangular pattern.

I can get about 20 -30 a minute. You guys that are gamers should be able to really smoke.

Voting technique

1.) Move the main SI window down to about middle of your screen

2.) Move the voting pop-up window so that the radio button for JN is as close to your BACK button as possible

3.) Throw on Whipping Post or something with 3 accented beats in a measure and click in a triangular pattern.

I can get about 20 -30 a minute. You guys that are gamers should be able to really smoke.

no just bring up the popup window and repeatedly hit enter backspace enter backspace enter backspace enter...

assuming you have high-speed of course

Jet Nation RULES! :)

I hear Jets Nation is even better.

All the posters are nice. Everyone gets along. Pats posters say that the Jets will finish 11-5 and win the division. They admire Pennington.

The mods are affable and cuddly. Friday's are group hug days.

It really is a great site. No one ever gets banned. And the content is to die for. None of that cut and paste crap that some of these sites get by with.

Actually what you said did not need to be said...nor anyone else who went over there to blast the place. Sorry Max.

The difference as I see it is some people post at both sites, however none of those posters say anything negative about JN at JI. Conversely many find no problem blasting JI from here or there. To me, that is what is keeping this stuff going, and it has been going on for more than a year.

I hate this stuff, and it has given me a huge headache since this crappy poll started.

Actually what you said did not need to be said...nor anyone else who went over there to blast the place. Sorry Max.

The difference as I see it is some people post at both sites, however none of those posters say anything negative about JN at JI. Conversely many find no problem blasting JI from here or there. To me, that is what is keeping this stuff going, and it has been going on for more than a year.

I hate this stuff, and it has given me a huge headache since this crappy poll started.

Jetswin! Glad you could make it! Where's neckdemon and Dude Pollock? ;)

Guy tells me to "beat it". Who died and made him king? I have territorial pissings on JI that date back to 1999. All he has is a piss bucket.

Jetswin -- I am walking out the door heading to the game. But real quick, you know I have a ton of respect for you. I read that thread on JI before and I feel bad for you. Like you have been left to clean up a huge mess. One that you had nothing to do with.

But don't fight the wrong fight. This can all end. All the nonsense, all the pettiness. But for whatever reasons the powers that be over at JI don't want that to happen. People can plug any site any event on ji but you can't type jetnation.com.

I am going to throw up a banner ad for jetsinsider.net this weekend just to show how small and petty some others are acting. Oh and no charge for the ad, lol.

Peace -- I have to hit the road! Oh and Jetswin don't let this stuff bug you. None of it is your problem or your fault. You handle things well. You represent ji well.

Peace!

Jetswin! Glad you could make it! Where's neckdemon and Dude Pollock? ;)

Guy tells me to "beat it". Who died and made him king? I have territorial pissings on JI that date back to 1999. All he has is a piss bucket.

Yeah that got ugly, on both sides. I'm around here sometimes, Max has done a nice job.

Jetswin -- I am walking out the door heading to the game. But real quick, you know I have a ton of respect for you. I read that thread on JI before and I feel bad for you. Like you have been left to clean up a huge mess. One that you had nothing to do with.

But don't fight the wrong fight. This can all end. All the nonsense, all the pettiness. But for whatever reasons the powers that be over at JI don't want that to happen. People can plug any site any event on ji but you can't type jetnation.com.

I am going to throw up a banner ad for jetsinsider.net this weekend just to show how small and petty some others are acting. Oh and no charge for the ad, lol.

Peace -- I have to hit the road! Oh and Jetswin don't let this stuff bug you. None of it is your problem or your fault. You handle things well. You represent ji well.

Peace!

thanks Max, enjoy the game...

I wish it would end as well, always have.

Archived