What are u listening to right now?

On 4/17/2017 at 10:01 AM, jetophile said:

Poor Linda Ronstadt. And oddly enough, she never got married. Plus, she adopted a couple of kids years back, which I'm always a sucker for. Fukk Parkinson's, Parkinsonism, and every other fukking brain disease there is. 

100% agreed. Loss my best friend to Gliiblastoma Sarcoma Iv last Wednesday after a gallant 17 month fight. Horrible fvcking disease. Steals the person before it kills them. Burying him Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

100% agreed. Loss my best friend to Gliiblastoma Sarcoma Iv last Wednesday after a gallant 17 month fight. Horrible fvcking disease. Steals the person before it kills them. Burying him Saturday. 

Sorry for your loss.  My brother-in-law went out the same way 25 years ago.  He was 50. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers last night. 

IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the most overrated bands ever.  Go listen to tyhe Fishbone track I posted above.  Then go through their stuff.  Really, really tight band made up of insanely talented musicians.  RHCPs wouldn't have the balls to walk on stage after Fishbone.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One of the most overrated bands ever.  Go listen to tyhe Fishbone track I posted above.  Then go through their stuff.  Really, really tight band made up of insanely talented musicians.  RHCPs wouldn't have the balls to walk on stage after Fishbone.

I liked the early RHCP's.  But everything after BSSM has been nothing but mainstream Pop and that's exactly what that show was.  12 songs, barely an hour and half, zero energy, boring songs (the best one they did was Search and Destroy from the Stooges), it was like they were trying to create energy that wasn there.  Just overall terrible.

That said, Flea is still a bad ass.  The best sh*t they did was let him do these insane base lines in between each terrible song. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

I liked the early RHCP's.  But everything after BSSM has been nothing but mainstream Pop and that's exactly what that show was.  12 songs, barely an hour and half, zero energy, boring songs (the best one they did was Search and Destroy from the Stooges), it was like they were trying to create energy that wasn there.  Just overall terrible.

That said, Flea is still a bad ass.  The best sh*t they did was let him do these insane base lines in between each terrible song. 

No doubt Flea is a monster bass player.  Innovative an funky as fuk.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Thank you

You are so welcome. 2016 was a butt hole of a year here. Our family took a huge hit. Look up DIPG. No, wait, don't. Needless to say, it was brutal. Blessings to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. They get criticism sometimes, but they did a good deed. I'm talkin' a really good deed. Once in a blue moon the human race isn't a turd with corn kernels in it that you can't flush down your malfunctioning toilet. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Sorry brother. Condolences.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, peebag said:

Thanks for those!

I was looking for pre-release streams of the new upcoming album and found those two vids by accident.

The Nyro song is rare cause it contains extra verses that weren't on the orig 1970 Runt LP and Foxes & Fossils pretty much nail the hit from the same album.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, peebag said:

Check out this John Peel session he did...very tasty

http://pastdaily.com/2017/04/14/rory-gallagher-session-1973-past/

Oh...and I think you'll like the pastdaily site - lots of blasts from the past as well current stuff too! 

Thanks for this, PB.  Enjoying listening right now.  You're right, that site looks ton have some interesting material.  

This is from 1997.  Sorry, but the way he plays and sings is just abnormal for a 16-year old.  Freak.  Also the best version of a Quitter Never Wins I've ever heard. Kid sang the Blues at 16 like he was a battle-worn 60 year old. 

On 5/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, munchmemory said:

One of rock's great Strat masters.  RIP.

Very good. I just happened hear that on Netflix watching an amusing little movie called 'A Patch Of Fog'

I never really gave RG a chance back when, but am much more open to checking him out, and inclined to like him now. Just bought that album too last night on Amazon.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Very good. I just happened hear that on Netflix watching an amusing little movie called 'A Patch Of Fog'

I never really gave RG a chance back when, but am much more open to checking him out, and inclined to like him now. Just bought that album too last night on Amazon.

I saw Rory a few times back in the 70s.  He toured extensively.   Always played well live and gave a great long show.  Hope you enjoy the record, JJ.

PS:  Don't know that flick but since you found it interesting I'll go read about it.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I saw Rory a few times back in the 70s.  He toured extensively.   Always played well live and gave a great long show.  Hope you enjoy the record, JJ.

PS:  Don't know that flick but since you found it interesting I'll go read about it.  Thanks.

I think the best thing about the movie was RG. They used a few tracks of his. Really a B tv movie type deal from N. Ireland. The actors were good tho.