What are u listening to right now?

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

I saw traffic at the now defunct Academy of Music on 14th St in one of their final concerts.  Chris Wood (I think that was his name), the saxophonist, a vital player in the band, was wrecked beyond belief and couldn't play anything ... was off key and timing was off and couldn't stand up. Kept falling down.  They had to carry him off the stage and everyone was booing fiercely. After 40 minutes, Winwood and the others walked off the stage , the house lights came on and the announcer said 'thanks for coming everyone' .  People were booing, throwing sh*t at the stage.  What a colossal trainwreck that show was.  

reminds me of the Blind Faith song lyrics ..."cause I'm wasted and I can't find my way home"

fun times

Yeah, that's Chris Wood, who I always dug as a sax player.  Wow, what a story and memory.   I miss the old Academy shows. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, that's Chris Wood, who I always dug as a sax player.  Wow, what a story and memory.   I miss the old Academy shows. 

They brought out a chair and tried to have him sit while playing. Not a chance. Lost his balance and he, the chair and his sax when down. It was ridiculous. Finally, winwood gave up.  Not long after, Traffic was no more.  Still think John Barleycorn Must Die is one of the best albums of that genre.  Worst concert I have ever been to. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

They brought out a chair and tried to have him sit while playing. Not a chance. Lost his balance and he, the chair and his sax when down. It was ridiculous. Finally, winwood gave up.  Not long after, Traffic was no more.  Still think John Barleycorn Must Die is one of the best albums of that genre.  Worst concert I have ever been to. 

Still in very good voice.

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, munchmemory said:

Listen to this kid groove and nail all Bonzo's fills.  I can't believe an eight year-old can do classic kick drum accents.  Would love to hear whay NJ and the others on the board have to say.

dude - she's doing things in stocking feet on one pedal that I can barely do with both pedals on my double. 

Incredible.

Scuse me ... going to take my shoes off, throw on some argyles and head to the kit in the basement  ..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, NJ said:

dude - she's doing things in stocking feet on one pedal that I can barely do with both pedals on my double. 

Incredible.

Scuse me ... going to take my shoes off, throw on some argyles and head to the kit in the basement  ..

LOL!  I knew this kid would knock you out.  That bass drum work is insane.  And not only is she shockingly proficient, but the kid is having so much fun just letting it go.

• Upvote 2