No Porter No A Thomas No Clements.....

Sir Speez

While up to this point i have a lot of confidence in our FO, i am surprised that we didnt even make any real attempts when it comes to these FA's. I really wanted Porter more than the other 2 as i thought he would have given us a real intimidatiing force that all great defenses need, plus he would have kept the fire burning on the field.

Yes we probably will get more pieces by spending the same money on Bowens and Coleman, but the thougt of Porter in Kelly Green flying around the corner with his sights locked in on Tom Brady maked my knees weak...now i have a pit in my stomach knowing that Dbrick and possibly Colombo have four games at least against the likes of Porter and A Thomas

Did you see how much $$$ Porter and Clements got?

LOL no its not MadMike or anyone else posing lol...and yes i did see how much they got, but we didnt even try is what probably bothers me more...further looking into the Porter signing Mia didnt even give him a chance to visit anyone they just blew him away with their offer...reread my original post if nec i am not of the Doom and Gloom Ilk that MadMike belongs too lol

No Porter no A Thomas No Clementson... No problem. We still have the draft. We still got June 1st cuts. No reason to spend it all now. Porters on his last leg if you followed his game last year. Clemenson out of AFC. Thomas is a problem but sense when is this guy Lawerence Taylor.

See how this GM went under the radar? That right there should calm people down. Finally we got a compitent front office. Now while people are spending like sailors maybe a guy like Rodney Harrison gets cut June 1st and a team like the Jets who only spent money on what they needed just might have ca space to team him up with Rhodes?

Just relax and be happy that we will be in good position on June 1st if something should come up.

Salary Cap.

Everyone has the same salary cap....others are trying to win at all costs....see the Broncos, Pats, Seahawks

These teams for whatever reason find the money....we need more stars on both sides of the ball. WE just aren't that talented of a team......how do we stack up with some of the elite team? Not great.....but we could

SPEND SOME ****ING $$$$$$ WOODY

Everyone has the same salary cap....others are trying to win at all costs....see the Broncos, Pats, Seahawks

These teams for whatever reason find the money....we need more stars on both sides of the ball. WE just aren't that talented of a team......how do we stack up with some of the elite team? Not great.....but we could

So if you were the GM right now and you had Woody's money who would we go out and get?

So if you were the GM right now and you had Woody's money who would we go out and get?

No one now.....the only one that I really was upset about was Thomas. As a fan, don't give me this **** about worry about the salary cap.....now obviously the Skins have not been successful, but they've figured out how to sign anyone and everyont they want

You tell me we can't?

No one now.....the only one that I really was upset about was Thomas. As a fan, don't give me this **** about worry about the salary cap.....now obviously the Skins have not been successful, but they've figured out how to sign anyone and everyont they want

You tell me we can't?

the increased cap is making FA absolutely crazy this year. this off-season is throwing league salaries completely out of wack. how can nate clements be the highest paid defensive player in the league? he isn't even the best at his position. these teams are making a terrible mistake by "bidding" on the open market for these players.

the jets core philosophy of building through the draft and retaining their own players will pay dividends in the long-run. in hindsight the jets got great value with cotchery and b thomas by signing them to early extensions.

wes welker - 5 years $18.1M

jerricho cotchery - 5 years $19M

joey porter - 5 years $32.5M (20M gauranteed)

bryan thomas - 5 years $25M (9M gauranteed)

just as an fyi - in the 3-4 thomas and porter had pretty similar seasons in 2006.

While up to this point i have a lot of confidence in our FO, i am surprised that we didnt even make any real attempts when it comes to these FA's. I really wanted Porter more than the other 2 as i thought he would have given us a real intimidatiing force that all great defenses need, plus he would have kept the fire burning on the field.

Yes we probably will get more pieces by spending the same money on Bowens and Coleman, but the thougt of Porter in Kelly Green flying around the corner with his sights locked in on Tom Brady maked my knees weak...now i have a pit in my stomach knowing that Dbrick and possibly Colombo have four games at least against the likes of Porter and A Thomas

this isnt Madden Video football..

forget the huge names, they will win via draft and a few signings/trades here and there,, its a no star team, tha twill sprinkle a few name shere and there,,

this isnt Madden Video football..

forget the huge names, they will win via draft and a few signings/trades here and there,, its a no star team, tha twill sprinkle a few name shere and there,,

SJ just called it Madden Video Football...... POTW NOM

GB is going to kick someones ass for all these noms this week...

You dont understand how it works...

Those teams are spending money sure, but at what cost? They will run out fo cap room and not be able to sign anyone else.

Our team is not 1-2 players away from being a 14 win superbowl champ, we have a lot of holes to fill so the best thing to do is let teams go get ripped off for the first week or so, then come in and scoop up all the GOOD, not great players.

5-6 GOOD players will help a team more than 1 or 2 GREAT players.

Those teams are spending money sure, but at what cost? They will run out fo cap room and not be able to sign anyone else.

Our team is not 1-2 players away from being a 14 win superbowl champ, we have a lot of holes to fill so the best thing to do is let teams go get ripped off for the first week or so, then come in and scoop up all the GOOD, not great players.

Right on E. I hope this guy doesn't give financial advice for a living.

Good post. I agree. To a point. Cap room won't be a problem. This year. Down the road it might. I think those on a spending spree are couning on the continued rise of the cap.

5-6 GOOD players will help THIS team more than 1 or 2 GREAT players. Other teams that are closer and have squads full of GOOD players (Pats, Broncos) will be helped more by 1 or 2 great ones.

mangini doesnt like the make up of these guys you got porter starting fights

the only 1 of the 3 I wanted was Porter but after getting $20 mil in guaranted money i would have said no thanks. our FO is AGAIn doing a tremendous job w/ FA.

In FA or otherwise, we broke the bank on:

Neil O'Donnell

Curtis Martin

Kevin Mawae

Mo Lewis

Marvin Jones (Jones & Lewis were 2 of the 6 highest-paid LB'ers at one point)

Vinny Testaverde

Aaron Glenn

Marcus Coleman

Ray Mickens (particularly then, $3M/yr was breaking the bank for a nickel corner)

Sam Cowart

Curtis Martin (again)

Shaun Ellis

Chad Pennington

DeWayne Robertson

Superbowls reached: zero

In FA or otherwise, we broke the bank on:

Neil O'Donnell

Curtis Martin

Kevin Mawae

Mo Lewis

Marvin Jones (Jones & Lewis were 2 of the 6 highest-paid LB'ers at one point)

Vinny Testaverde

Aaron Glenn

Marcus Coleman

Ray Mickens (particularly then, $3M/yr was breaking the bank for a nickel corner)

Sam Cowart

Curtis Martin (again)

Shaun Ellis

Chad Pennington

DeWayne Robertson

Superbowls reached: zero

This is not an etirely fair post. Retrospect is easy man. Some of these guys were worth their contracts, relativly speaking, in my opinion.

I do think it is funny you guys question Jon E's financial motives; if only you knew his occupation...te,he,he...

So what....don't you want a winner? C'mon, we pay the $$$$$ for the tickets.....Woody can spend some

Clements go 80 mil. That is completely absurd. And Porter apparently got $20 mil guaranteed, which is definitely too much. I'm more concerned with improving the DL which desperately needs improvement. Our linebackers should be a much lesser concern than the DL or at CB. We do need a corner and getting Clements would have been great, but there is no way he is worth that much.

Archived