What if........A Chad question

JonEJet

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see why this is such a far reach.

You guys and gals can laugh all you want but this game has just become alot tougher than originally thought.

I'll say this about Chad. He may not have the rocket arm, but he know the Jets offense inside, out, backwards and sideways, and you can be sure that all that information is being given right now. He probably already has a somewhat of a grasp on Dan Henning offense since it the offense that Vinny ran when Chad was rookie in 2000. His learning curve of the offense won't be as steep as what Favre's will be.

Also add the fact that he has gone up against the Jets defense in practice everyday since Mangini has been here. Nothing the Jets due will really surprise him.

It would not suprise me in least if Miami wins this game. The Jets are better talent wise but the one thing I think Miami will be able to do is run football with Brown and Williams. If the Jets run defense starts the season the way it has the past 8 years, Brown and Williams will have a field day.

The Jets will have their work cut out for them opening day. Should they lose this board will be real interesting on Monday morning.

2 ways this game has any potential to be close

1.) The "true" 3-4 is still in it's infancy and we won't be able to capitalize on Chads pus arm. We know his deal too.

2.) Favre gets a couple picks returned for 6 or great field position.

No doubt Chad will dink like he's never dinked before, but if we get whipped by that it just shows we've got a lot more work to do. To expect Favre to come out of the tunnel and light it up isnt realistic either. But hopefully he can throw for a couple.

Dan Henning is Miami's OC and he's gonna be surprised when he finds the QB he once tutored can no longer do the things he's supposed to do. Think about The Miami Miracle-that was classic Henning calling the no-huddle-anybody think Pennington can make the throws Vinny was making that night? Yea me neither....

Chad would not beat the JETS, the Dolphins would beat the JETS becuase of Chad's exapnsive knowledge of the JETS system.

The Dolphins have no talent on D whatsoever.

Brett Favre and Jericho Cotchery could tell them what they're going to do exactly pre-snap and they'd still find a way to **** it up.

Anyways, we can't lose to the Dolphins week 1. If we do, well, that picture of the bridge is pretty accurate.

Chad would not beat the JETS, the Dolphins would beat the JETS becuase of Chad's exapnsive knowledge of the JETS system.

What?

That makes NO sense on so many levels.

1st -- Who cares if Chad knows our offense, is he starting at CB or QB?

2nd -- How 'bout: "Chad's knowledge of the Dolfag system is equivalent to Favre's knowledge of the JETS system"

3rd -- Do you honestly think that Mangini is keeping his dink and dunk playbook in tact after the acquisition of the gunslinging Favre? Call me crazy, but I have a hunch that Mangini and Schotty are going to let Favre air it out every once in a while.

4th -- Offense wins games, Defense Wins....Okay, for sanity's sake I won't finish that thought, but our defense is not only absurdly better than the Dolphags defense, but our defense LAST SEASON could probably shut down the pathetic Miami offense.

5th -- #4 makes no sense, because our offense is also absurdly better than the Dolphag offense... Oh, and I almost forgot, our offense LAST YEAR could also tear through this 'new' Miami D. like a hot knife through butter.

So in essence, yes, Chad not only knows us better, but he knows that we ARE better as well.

What?

2nd -- How 'bout: "Chad's knowledge of the Dolfag system is equivalent to Favre's knowledge of the JETS system"

3rd -- Do you honestly think that Mangini is keeping his dink and dunk playbook in tact after the acquisition of the gunslinging Favre? Call me crazy, but I have a hunch that Mangini and Schotty are going to let Favre air it out every once in a while.

4th -- Offense wins games, Defense Wins....Okay, for sanity's sake I won't finish that thought, but our defense is not only absurdly better than the Dolphags defense, but our defense LAST SEASON could probably shut down the pathetic Miami offense.

5th -- #4 makes no sense, because our offense is also absurdly better than the Dolphag offense... Oh, and I almost forgot, our offense LAST YEAR could also tear through this 'new' Miami D. like a hot knife through butter.

So in essence, yes, Chad not only knows us better, but he knows that we ARE better as well.

Chad knows the JETS defense VERY well, he played against it every day.

He also knows the offense very well, even if they add in more deep balls.

What?

They are not going to completely revamp the playbook within the space of a month. Pennington will still be very useful for them in terms of information he can provide.

They are not going to completely revamp the playbook within the space of a month. Pennington will still be very useful for them in terms of information he can provide.

Completely? No.

But I'm sure a lot of the recievers routes have been/are being adjusted to fit in with Favre in plays that we commonly use, and I'm also sure that prior CS tendencies (based on having Penny at QB), will change with Favre at QB.

Will he still have useful info.? Yes. Enough to make a significant difference in the outcome of the game? No.

Chad knows the JETS defense VERY well, he played against it every day.

He also knows the offense very well, even if they add in more deep balls.

The JETS defense also played against HIM every day, and know him VERY well.

He does know a bit about our offense, no chit...Too bad he hasn't been in the dolphins system for 8 years.

Coles fires back at rude fan

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Aug 11, 2008

It's no secret Jets receiver Laveranues Coles and the team's former quarterback, Chad Pennington, were extremely close. And it's no secret he hasn't taken Pennington's release well.

So when a fan insulted Pennington during Tuesday's practice, Coles let the individual know exactly how he felt about his comment. After a deep pass down the left sideline to Coles, from Brett Favre, that was incomplete (pass interference on cornerback Darrelle Revis on the play), the receiver went over to the sideline to get some water.

While standing by the water cooler, the fan yelled, "Chad could never throw it that far."

Coles fired back, "F@*# you."

Coles is so upset about Pennington's release, he has refused to do all interviews since Chad's departure.

Laveranues needs to quit acting like a baby, shut up and play ball. He has his $11 million over this year and next year fully guarenteed so that when he gets another concussion and is out for his career this organization can look like fools for guarenteeing him the money.

STFU Coles. The team is better. Nobody cares that your receptions may now go down except you. Its about the team and what is best for the team, not Laveranues Coles. You're a jackass whose been over-rated by the Jets fan base and you're a baby.

What if a team that goes 18-0 and loses the Super Bowl to a 10-6 wild card team comes back the next year and is not psychologically destroyed and actually repeats that kind of success but this time wins the Super Bowl ...

Ah ... same chance.

Archived