Jay Feely may replace Nugent

electrotanman

If they cut Wright and hurt the special teams coverage while carrying 4 QBs and 2 Kickers, that would be bad.

I thought about moving Ainge to the practice squad, but with all the QBs going down there are probably too many roster slots open around the league. I agree about Wright and with Henry hurting I'd probably lean that way or Kenwin Cummings.

I'd be a lot more worried about it if he didn't have two good seasons after that. One good thing is that he has a big leg for kickoffs. Parcells supposedly dumped him because he has a big mouth, not because of his kicking.

I wonder who they'll dump. Wright? Henry? Wright had a big ST tackle and Henry is dinged.

my guess is kenwin cummings. or, they can put nugent on IR and be done with him until next year, if ever.

Yeah if Nuge is hurt they clearly need to sign another kicker. There's always something with the Jets.

It's not about Nugent being hurt or not. It's time to nudge the Nuge out the f**king door. Who has any confidence in the choke boy. Do me a favor, Nuge: Get off my team, and go back to Ohio and do all the "cold weather" kicking you want in your backyard. You are missing kicks a high school kicker makes.

I'd be a lot more worried about it if he didn't have two good seasons after that. One good thing is that he has a big leg for kickoffs. Parcells supposedly dumped him because he has a big mouth, not because of his kicking.

I wonder who they'll dump. Wright? Henry? Wright had a big ST tackle and Henry is dinged.

Glad to hear it. Anybody else tired of seeing Nugent routinely putting the ball between the 5-10 yard line on kickoffs? On the opening kickoff yesterday, he put the ball at the 10, in perfect weather. Give me a guy that always blasts the ball into the end zone.

Nugents kickoffs his rookie year made it to 15 yard line. Opponents drives would start at the 35-40 yard line all the time. I think he improved alittle , now they are starting at the 30.

I Dont know what to do about Nugent, my guess is Mangini will do something. Nugent is missing kicks in game time situations, just imagine in preasure situations.

Well if this is true this is exactly whom I wanted the Jets to bring in. Experienced NFL kicker who has a ton of experience at the Meadowlands. Who knows how serious Nuge's injury was. The fact that he could barely kick a PAT and couldn't step more than twice on the KO doesn't bode well for him.

Archived