T. Jackson is no longer the worst starting QB in the league....

aec4

right, cause chad's strengths play well to Bernard Berrian and co.

Pennington was actually a PERFECT fit for Minnesota. It's in a dome, so 8+ games weather is not a factor. They have an awesome RB, so play action is IN PLAY. With Pennington, Minnesota beats Indy.

You'd think a team like that would have offered something for a 'warrior and winner' that we had at QB, the 2nd most accurate passer in league history, and all around great guy.

Yes - but it was confirmed this weekend that Chad's agent called the Vikings FO offering all the aforementioned attributes rolled into one available package and was told "not interested"

Yes - but it was confirmed this weekend that Chad's agent called the Vikings FO offering all the aforementioned attributes rolled into one available package and was told "not interested"

I can see the conversation now:

Chad's Agent: "Chad would be interested in playing for the Vikings. He'd be the perfect game manager for your team, and play-action is his specialty"

Vikes GM: "No, we'd prefer to go with the inaccurate, under sized, mistake prone QB we drafted instead thanks."

I can see the conversation now:

Chad's Agent: "Chad would be interested in playing for the Vikings. He'd be the perfect game manager for your team, and play-action is his specialty"

Vikes GM: "No, we'd prefer to go with the inaccurate, under sized, mistake prone QB we drafted instead thanks."

LOL - or "nah - we have a crippled midget with who's LD and prone to bad decisions and legal problems." "But we think ultimately he can learn to help us score points - your guy has proven to be incapable of that"

Jackson hasn't been given a real chance this season at all. the play calling was sooooo conservative in both their opening games, it's unbelievable. They have the best running game in the league IMO, yet very rarely did I see them give Jackson a chance to utilize play action and throw the ball down field on 1st down. Instead they wait until 3rd down to throw, when the D knows the pass is coming.

In the Indy game, If Shiancoe doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone and Bernard Berrian doesn't trip over himself when attempting to run under a perfectly thrown deep ball the chances are Minny are 1-1 and Jackson is still the starting QB. Overall, Jackson has had no help at all.

Jackson hasn't been given a real chance this season at all. the play calling was sooooo conservative in both their opening games, it's unbelievable. They have the best running game in the league IMO, yet very rarely did I see them give Jackson a chance to utilize play action and throw the ball down field on 1st down. Instead they wait until 3rd down to throw, when the D knows the pass is coming.

In the Indy game, If Shiancoe doesn't drop a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone and Bernard Berrian doesn't trip over himself when attempting to run under a perfectly thrown deep ball the chances are Minny are 1-1 and Jackson is still the starting QB. Overall, Jackson has had no help at all.

Their RB ran for 160 last week, yep, he had no help at all.

Childress finally woke up and benched the guy. Should have done it last year...

Their RB ran for 160 last week, yep, he had no help at all.

Childress finally woke up and benched the guy. Should have done it last year...

He should be getting help from the great running game but Childress will not let that be the case. They didn't utilize PA at all on 1st down last week, that's pretty ridiculous considering the circumstances. He was passing mostly in passing situations, Childress was not allowing the great running game to help the passing game.

He should be getting help from the great running game but Childress will not let that be the case. They didn't utilize PA at all on 1st down last week, that's pretty ridiculous considering the circumstances. He was passing mostly in passing situations, Childress was not allowing the great running game to help the passing game.

Dude, you have to get over your love for Jackson and just ask him out already. The dude is lucky to still be in the NFL. Yes, he's THAT bad.

I didn't think the playcalling was that bad, especially in the second half. The fact is Jackson had opportunities but kept misfiring. That's the real reason he got benched.

Jackson looked really good a few times last year to me. But this year he seems to have really regressed. He doesn't really do anything that would give you hope right now. Last year he'd just make some really dumb rookie mistakes, but he'd actually hit open recievers and could extend plays a bit. This year he just gets taken down quickly, and will miss open recievers. The only good thing about Jackson right now is his throwing on the move. He throws very, very well on the move. Definitely one of the better QBs in the league in that regard.

If you're going to blame Childress, it has to be for not running more bootlegs. I think teams would just quickly adjust to that though, the problem is he was really bad in every other facet.

• 2 months later...
Dude, you have to get over your love for Jackson and just ask him out already. The dude is lucky to still be in the NFL. Yes, he's THAT bad.

Shameless bump.

Jackson today - 4 TD's 0 Picks.

Yes I realise this bump could go horribly wrong in the coming weeks but for now, I'll bask in glory.:D

Shameless bump.

Jackson today - 4 TD's 0 Picks.

Yes I realise this bump could go horribly wrong in the coming weeks but for now, I'll bask in glory.:D

Did you watch the game? He looked decent, I'll give him that... b ut Helen Keller can play QB against the Cardinals.

Oh.. and how about your Thomas Jones prediction?

Did you watch the game? He looked decent, I'll give him that... b ut Helen Keller can play QB against the Cardinals.

Thats why they put those guys back on the clipboard and with the 2nd team all week at practice. He might have the goods to start and succeed at some point - but he sure wont be the first guy to be yanked from 1st on the depth chart. Many QB's in Canton got that yank anywhere from once to a few times.

Someone who made it to class AA or higher would have made a better prediction.

You obviously never played A ball. If you did, you would know that only AAA players are considered well versed in the ancient art of football predictions.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived