is anyone else worried about the lack of a recieving core?

Blackout

dictionary.com

[highlight]core[/highlight]

1   /kɔr, koʊr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kawr, kohr] Show IPA noun, verb, cored, cor⋅ing.

–noun

1. the central part of a fleshy fruit, containing the seeds.

2. the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything.

3. Also called magnetic core. Electricity. the piece of iron, bundle of iron wires, or other ferrous material forming the central or inner portion in an electromagnet, induction coil, transformer, or the like.

4. (in mining, geology, etc.) a cylindrical sample of earth, mineral, or rock extracted from the ground by means of a corer so that the strata are undisturbed in the sample.

5. the inside wood of a tree.

6. Anthropology. a lump of stone, as flint, from which prehistoric humans struck flakes in order to make tools. Compare flake tool.

7. Carpentry.

a. a thickness of wood forming a base for a veneer.

b. a wooden construction, as in a door, forming a backing for veneers.

8. Engineering. kern 2 .

9. Metallurgy.

a. a thickness of base metal beneath a cladding.

b. the softer interior of a piece of casehardened metal.

c. a specially formed refractory object inserted into a mold to produce cavities or depressions in the casting that cannot be readily formed on the pattern.

10. Geology. the central portion of the earth, having a radius of about 2100 mi. (3379 km) and believed to be composed mainly of iron and nickel in a molten state. Compare crust (def. 6), mantle (def. 3).

11. Also called reactor core. Physics. the region in a reactor that contains its fissionable material.

12. Also called magnetic core. Computers. a small ring or loop of ferromagnetic material with two states of polarization that can be changed by changing the direction of the current applied in wires wound around the ring, used to store one bit of information or to perform switching or logical functions.

13. Ropemaking. heart (def. 16).

14. Phonetics. the final segment of a syllable beginning with the vowel and including any following consonants; the nucleus plus the coda. Compare onset (def. 3).

[highlight]corps[/highlight]

   /kɔr, koʊr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kawr, kohr] Show IPA

–noun, plural corps /kɔrz, koʊrz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kawrz, kohrz] Show IPA .

1. Military.

a. a military organization consisting of officers and enlisted personnel or of officers alone: the U.S. Marine Corps; corps of cadets.

b. a military unit of ground combat forces consisting of two or more divisions and other troops.

2. a group of persons associated or acting together: the diplomatic corps; the press corps.

3. Printing. a Continental designation that, preceded by a number, indicates size of type in Didot points of 0.0148 in. (3.8 mm): 14 corps.

4. Obsolete. corpse.

You are always quick to point out the flaws of others, so I thought you should make a mental note for future endeavors.

I still think WR will be addressed.

I think losing Baker, especially if were going to have the young QBs battle it out, is the most troubling. I love Dustin Keller, but I think of him more as a receiver. Plus, we don't have any depth at TE now.

Best reciever for upcoming season is either not on the team yet OR it is Dustin Keller.

Or maybe this is the year that Brad Smith is finally transformed into Hines Ward. :bag:

But seriously folks...

I like Keller a lot. I hope he continues to improve from what was a solid rookie season. I have some concern because he definitely had a swoon in his production last year, and there is that very real phenomenon referred to as the "sophomore jinx." A lot of players take a step back in their second year either because of overconfidence, better preparation by the opposition, or some combination. I'm not ready to call him our best reciever yet -

That's still Cotchery. But he's not a #1. I don't believe there's a potential #1 on the roster. I'm hoping Clowny and/or Stuckey are productive, but both look like 3rd WR type guys to me until they prove otherwise. That's why I'm hoping they go WR at #17 big time. The guy probably wouldn't be a #1 as a rookie, but we'd at least (hopefully) have a guy with that potential.

The guy probably wouldn't be a #1 as a rookie, but we'd at least (hopefully) have a guy with that potential.

or we could draft the next (insert great WR name), I agree gotta go WR at #1.There will be a few choices for us, put the names in a hat.Just find out if the guy's a hard worker or a clown.

Answer: No.

I really like the WR crop that would be available at 17.

I'm hoping for Nicks because of his sick catching ability and excellent route running, he should have an immediate impact as a rookie (bucking the trend of WRs who need at least 1 year to develop).

the way things are going so far the jets may draft pat white @ 17 and just run the spread option and forget about passing the ball. seriously, this is the worst wr corps in the league.

Worst in terms of fantasy football or madden, maybe. I don't care about that crap. But you can't say they are the worst yet because the kids are largely unknown. They let Coles go and have passed on Harrison, TJ, TO, Holt. etc. Maybe, just maybe, they see potential in Stuckey and Clowney. Cotchery is solid, I think Keller will be the centerpiece of this offense (like Gonzales and Gates) and I am sure we will see a lot more of Leon out of the backfield and spread out wide. And there is a good chance they will go WR with the first round pick. I think Ryan knows what he is doing. We don't need an overpaid, over the hill "name" who complains that he wants the ball more in the ball control offense it looks like we will be running.

Worst in terms of fantasy football or madden, maybe. I don't care about that crap. But you can't say they are the worst yet because the kids are largely unknown. They let Coles go and have passed on Harrison, TJ, TO, Holt. etc. Maybe, just maybe, they see potential in Stuckey and Clowney. Cotchery is solid, I think Keller will be the centerpiece of this offense (like Gonzales and Gates) and I am sure we will see a lot more of Leon out of the backfield and spread out wide. And there is a good chance they will go WR with the first round pick. I think Ryan knows what he is doing. We don't need an overpaid, over the hill "name" who complains that he wants the ball more in the ball control offense it looks like we will be running.

1st rd wr's are a crapshoot at best, most of them bust out. these wr's may just compliment each other real well and this could work but on paper this is the worst, least experienced wr unit in the league.

1st rd wr's are a crapshoot at best, most of them bust out. these wr's may just compliment each other real well and this could work but on paper this is the worst, least experienced wr unit in the league.

Least experienced? Maybe. Worst? You can't say that given the unknown. Stuckey looked good in his limited duty last year. Clowney only saw a few plays in the regular season. If they both played a lot out of necessity, and stunk, then yes, you could call them the worst.

Archived