So who will be banned tomorrow?

Alk

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he was not banned.. from what i gather he found this place stifling his creativity. i think he feels as though he should be able to make fun of anything and anyone no matter how offensive as long as you use big words and say it in a highfalutin way.

of course i could be wrong :D

I think you need to not make assumptions about someone who is not here to defend himself. Your generalization of him bear no merit. I have never read anything Borgo wrote that was offensive to anyone. And even if he made such mistake, he would be the first to admit it and ask for forgiveness.

You would be the last person I expect to take shots at Borgo while he is not here. Hell, even I bothered you more than he ever did.

I think you need to not make assumptions about someone who is not here to defend himself. Your generalization of him bear no merit. I have never read anything Borgo wrote that was offensive to anyone. And even if he made such mistake, he would be the first to admit it and ask for forgiveness.

You would be the last person I expect to take shots at Borgo while he is not here. Hell, even I bothered you more than he ever did.

Seems like people were more insulted by his use of words they have to look up and less his posts themselves.

He has every right to defend himself if he wants. He's not here by choice.

I liked Borgo as a poster. He really was one of the best on the site and probably the funniest. It sucks that he's gone but I still don't get his desicion. I don't understand how after spending so much time here and quite obviously contributing to the board in a positive way that he can just suddenly disagree with the overall concepts of this site. Max and Borgo obviously have different idea over what is "creative" and what is simpy annoying.

He has every right to defend himself if he wants. He's not here by choice.

I liked Borgo as a poster. He really was one of the best on the site and probably the funniest. It sucks that he's gone but I still don't get his desicion. I don't understand how after spending so much time here and quite obviously contributing to the board in a positive way that he can just suddenly disagree with the overall concepts of this site. Max and Borgo obviously have different idea over what is "creative" and what is simpy annoying.

I tried rereading that area of the thread and I still don't get WTF happened. It (his leaving) just seemed to come out of the blue. Max certainly did nothing to provoke him. It was his choice to leave. He will be missed.

I have to say that I don't remember a single Borgo post that was ever deleted or had to be edited. So I do agree with what you wrote. And if he did offend someone, he would address it and not dismiss it. From the little I know of him, that is the kind of person that he seems to be.

Max and Borgo obviously have different idea over what is "creative" and what is simpy annoying.

That might be what it comes down to. I annoy easily I guess :winking0001:. But it was never Borgo's posts that were in question, he just fell in with the wrong crowd, lol.

I have to say that I don't remember a single Borgo post that was ever deleted or had to be edited. So I do agree with what you wrote. And if he did offend someone, he would address it and not dismiss it. From the little I know of him, that is the kind of person that he seems to be.

I think that's an accurate description.

That might be what it comes down to. I annoy easily I guess :winking0001:. But it was never Borgo's posts that were in question, he just fell in with the wrong crowd, lol.

It just seemed to be an emotional thing that day. At least he can come back at anytime. Balls in his court.

You would be wrong, PB. gg, and a handful of other, venerable, pollyannas are part of the reason I choose not to post here any longer. Read this and the other "Borgo" thread and it will be apparent that free expression is routinely questioned and/or demeaned. (Joe, I commend your fortitude.) They view what I consider humor, to be offensive, risque or demeaning in many cases. Further, they and Max have put a damper--either in threads or PMs--on posting content and specifically interjecting humor (what I called stream of consciousness posting the other day) in various threads of different topics. As I have said, creative minds--especially those of us who hope to make people laugh--work best utilizing stream of consciousness. It's how it works. If you don't like it, ban humor, too.

Further, I just don't agree with Max' purging of posters like Johnny Green Balls, Gangreen, and several others for specious reasons IMO; plus how badly Pramatic Bus was treated last week. This place was built by Max, a guy who got booted from JI because of content and free expression. So, now what does he do? By his own admission: "Clean up the site" by getting rid of some folks that can't get along or act differently from some of the loud mouths. What? Okay, I respect your ability to do this; it is your site, after all. But, I don't agree with it, nor do I want to support your site with my creative content, which some have expressed was not appropriate or welcome. Somehow, I can't help but believe that all these actions and histrionics are tied to the obvious influx of advertisers. You all see the new ads, right? I hope I'm wrong about this. But if I'm not, Max goes down as the biggest fraud/sell out in message board history. (Now you can add me to the list of banned posters for insubordination.)

Look, my leaving JetNation does not make or break the place. Let me go in peace. Stop writing about me. Lock this thread. I never wanted to be a message board "folk hero/nut case", which is where I've found myself twice already. All I ever wanted to do was write humor pieces that would make people laugh.

You would be wrong, PB. gg, and a handful of other, venerable, pollyannas are part of the reason I choose not to post here any longer. Read this and the other "Borgo" thread and it will be apparent that free expression is routinely questioned and/or demeaned. (Joe, I commend your fortitude.) They view what I consider humor, to be offensive, risque or demeaning in many cases. Further, they and Max have put a damper--either in threads or PMs--on posting content and specifically interjecting humor (what I called stream of consciousness posting the other day) in various threads of different topics. As I have said, creative minds--especially those of us who hope to make people laugh--work best utilizing stream of consciousness. It's how it works. If you don't like it, ban humor, too.

Further, I just don't agree with Max' purging of posters like Johnny Green Balls, Gangreen, and several others for specious reasons IMO; plus how badly Pramatic Bus was treated last week. This place was built by Max, a guy who got booted from JI because of content and free expression. So, now what does he do? By his own admission: "Clean up the site" by getting rid of some folks that can't get along or act differently from some of the loud mouths. What? Okay, I respect your ability to do this; it is your site, after all. But, I don't agree with it, nor do I want to support your site with my creative content, which some have expressed was not appropriate or welcome. Somehow, I can't help but believe that all these actions and histrionics are tied to the obvious influx of advertisers. You all see the new ads, right? I hope I'm wrong about this. But if I'm not, Max goes down as the biggest fraud/sell out in message board history. (Now you can add me to the list of banned posters for insubordination.)

Look, leaving JetNation does not make or break the place. Let me go in peace. Stop writing about me. Lock this thread. I never wanted to be a message board "folk hero/nut case", which is where I've found myself twice already. All I ever wanted to do was write humor pieces that would make people laugh.

repped'

=D>

Look, my leaving JetNation does not make or break the place. Let me go in peace. Stop writing about me. Lock this thread. I never wanted to be a message board "folk hero/nut case", which is where I've found myself twice already. All I ever wanted to do was write humor pieces that would make people laugh.

:ahhh:

Max should be banned.

I must miss a lot of stuff over here, I had no idea there was such drama going on. It's always been my belief that if you are getting that aggravated about what is happening on a message board, you're probably spending too much time there and you need a break from it.

:ahhh:

Max should be banned.

Maybe not banned. But a a good spanking is definitely in order. I will send the kleckturd over to administer..

Seriously though, this crackdown is not making sense to me. Obviously i'm not privy to eveyrthing, but it seems some of the oversensitive types are starting to govern the board, and I think that was borgo's point, which I was agreeing with..

Read this and the other "Borgo" thread and it will be apparent that free expression is routinely questioned and/or demeaned.

It's called dissent. It comes along with free expression. ;)

Look, I don't want to get into all this drama (as I inject myself, what a hypocrite I can be ;)), but people have to understand that not everyone is going to agree on humor, offensive content, etc.,

There is very little censorship here. People are free to joke, but people are also allowed to comment on it.

Some here seem to enjoy offending people purposely, and some people enjoy that (ballbusting, what not) but some don't. But if I'm aware that a poster is sensitve to something, I wouldn't bang my drum and keep forcing my views on them. That just seems silly.

he was not banned.. from what i gather he found this place stifling his creativity. i think he feels as though he should be able to make fun of anything and anyone no matter how offensive as long as you use big words and say it in a highfalutin way.

of course i could be wrong :D

There are lots of posters who make fun at least as much, if not more, than Borgo. It was pretty obvious at all times that it was all in good fun, and that if he unintentionally offended people, he always apologized.

The guy just has a robust (and demented:biggrin:) sense of humor and enjoys language. Personally, I think it's more the site's loss than his.

There are lots of posters who make fun at least as much, if not more, than Borgo. It was pretty obvious at all times that it was all in good fun, and that if he unintentionally offended people, he always apologized.

The guy just has a robust (and demented:biggrin:) sense of humor and enjoys language. Personally, I think it's more the site's loss than his.

Essentially.

But if he wants to post nothing but "comedy" then he should hit a "comedy" board. I like the guy to be honest but I can see both sides of the ball here.

Exactly. Borgo was a quality poster. But who knows he could just pop back at any notice.

Essentially.

But if he wants to post nothing but "comedy" then he should hit a "comedy" board. I like the guy to be honest but I can see both sides of the ball here.

Well, as others, even Borgo have said, Max is certainly free to run this site any way that he wants. I missed all of the bannings that everyone is talking about, so I can't really speak to that.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm such a huge fan of Borgo's comedic insanity, but I feel he brings something to the site that will not be replaced. I just think that's a shame. But as others have said, he's not banned, this is by choice. He's a big boy, if he feels this place is no longer a good fit for him, what can you do?

Damn, who is gonna laugh at my sophmoric fisting jokes now. :confused::biggrin:

I miss my BFF.

I wish he would come back home.

Spending all my nights, all my money going out on the town

Doing anything just to get you off of my mind

But when the morning comes, I'm right back where I started again at JN

Trying to forget you is just a waste of time

Borgo come back, any kind of fool could see

There was something in everything about you

Borgo come back, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and I just can't troll without you

All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado

Trying to keep up the smile that hides a tear

But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again

How I wish to God that you were here on JN

I was wrong, and I just can't post without you

Now that I put it all together

Give me the chance to make you see

Have you used up all the posts in your heart

Nothing left for me, ain't there nothing left for me

Borgo come back, listen, you can blame it all on me

I was wrong, and I just can't be here without you

I was wrong, and I just can't live

Well, as others, even Borgo have said, Max is certainly free to run this site any way that he wants. I missed all of the bannings that everyone is talking about, so I can't really speak to that.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm such a huge fan of Borgo's comedic insanity, but I feel he brings something to the site that will not be replaced. I just think that's a shame. But as others have said, he's not banned, this is by choice. He's a big boy, if he feels this place is no longer a good fit for him, what can you do?

Damn, who is gonna laugh at my sophmoric fisting jokes now. :confused::biggrin:

I don't laugh at them because they get me horny.

:sheepf:

JGB was banned? Didn't realize that, bummer.

Borgo, here is the way i look at it as someone who has caught their share of criticism on here. As long as Max isn't deleting or modifying my threads, these people are pretty much b$tching on deaf ears.

As for advertising, this is all adsense google stuff, and that stuff just gets automaticallyh posted, there really is not granular content monitoring like you are suspecting. Besides, i doubt ANY real money is brought in by it, i doubt this site even pays for itself just with the server cost and not even getting into the amount of time the people put into working on it.

Look, it is almost football season, the crybabies will be occupied soon and all will be right with the jets world as everyone stats complaining about the team. Don't cut and run now dude.

Yeah, Max doesn't do the advertisements to make money, but to offset some of the costs of running the server. That thing's like $100+ bucks a month from what I could gather when I had access to the mod's forums. He does it all because he likes the site, not as a commercial venture.

Archived