Fins Fans...Where Are You?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lack of a CBA helps the Jets more than it hurts them, no matter what restrictions they may face. Being able to retain Leon and Braylon on RFA tenders is huge.

But who cares? I'm sick of being offseason champions. Nice to have a shot at being AFC Champions instead.

true regarding leon washington. not sure about edwards. i think you guys like him more than the rest of the league. you still need a DE, S, CB and WR next year. From our perspective it will help that you will be limited to only the draft. You'll be able to draft those positions but wont be able to hedge your bets by acquiring people in free agency. i figure you have a good shot at Golden Tate or Mardy Gillyard with your first rounder but it will be interesting to see what you do the rest of the draft.

As to still playing, agreed that its good to still be playing. You still have a shot. You gotta be in it to win it so to speak. Still even if all the teams were equal you would only have a 25% chance of winning it all. But even JETS fans have to admit that you're going to have a rough time pulling this off. On paper all three teams are better than you guys. You're almost a mirror image of the Ravens last year even down to the rookie QB. And that didnt turn out too well for the Ravens now did it.

would be interested to hear why you guys think you'll beat the Colts. do you think brad smith is going to get another return for a 100 yd touchdown?

Yeah, it sucks that you guys won. I hate the Jets, I hate most of you (you're a good dude though, don't mind you.) But it's not the end of the world. You guys aren't going to win it all. You had a better year than the Dolphins, that's okay. But we'll be better moving forward and we swept you this year. So in terms of football, yeah it sucks. But again, not the end of the world.

You guys were in the same spot as us last year rooting for us to lose and the circumstances will be reversed back and forth again and again.

it is funny how many posts were on these boards with jets fans saying the playoffs didnt matter and only the SB mattered when the Jets were playing the Dolphins. I guess those rules only applied to 2009 and not 2010. Now getting into the playoffs matters

Yeah, it sucks that you guys won. I hate the Jets, I hate most of you (you're a good dude though, don't mind you.) But it's not the end of the world. You guys aren't going to win it all. You had a better year than the Dolphins, that's okay. But we'll be better moving forward and we swept you this year. So in terms of football, yeah it sucks. But again, not the end of the world.

You guys were in the same spot as us last year rooting for us to lose and the circumstances will be reversed back and forth again and again.

it is funny how many posts were on these boards with jets fans saying the playoffs didnt matter and only the SB mattered when the Jets were playing the Dolphins. I guess those rules only applied to 2009 and not 2010. Now getting into the playoffs matters. I need to be kept updated on these rule changes

true regarding leon washington. not sure about edwards. i think you guys like him more than the rest of the league. you still need a DE, S, CB and WR next year. From our perspective it will help that you will be limited to only the draft. You'll be able to draft those positions but wont be able to hedge your bets by acquiring people in free agency. i figure you have a good shot at Golden Tate or Mardy Gillyard with your first rounder but it will be interesting to see what you do the rest of the draft.

As to still playing, agreed that its good to still be playing. You still have a shot. You gotta be in it to win it so to speak. Still even if all the teams were equal you would only have a 25% chance of winning it all. But even JETS fans have to admit that you're going to have a rough time pulling this off. On paper all three teams are better than you guys. You're almost a mirror image of the Ravens last year even down to the rookie QB. And that didnt turn out too well for the Ravens now did it.

would be interested to hear why you guys think you'll beat the Colts. do you think brad smith is going to get another return for a 100 yd touchdown?

"On Paper" we don't make the playoffs.

Braylon had a nice day today, he's had some awful drops, but he's been a great blocker in the run game, and his presence alone has opened up the run game. He will be here.

We need a CB most of all, Safety was an artificial need created by Rhodes' absence, today, no one would be so sure. DE would help, as would another pass-rusher.

No team fixes all their needs in one year, Jets will be better next year than this year, I know that's tough to hear.

I'm not so sure about safety as a need. Rhodes has really stepped up his play big time lately and had a huge game today. Also, a lot of his comments about the Jets have quieted down big time. It is very possible he's back next year as the Jets starting safety. In terms of starters, the only spots you can say the Jets really need to fill would be DE and CB, but its possible the Jets cut Sheppard and bring him back, and obviously they did well enough with him and others in a rotation. Even at DE Douglas has been playing well and Devito as a rotational guy. Although they're obviously old at that position between Douglas and Ellis, so it needs to be addressed, but its not exactly what I'd call a dire situation.

The Jets aren't in danger of losing anyone important off of this team and while its also a help to have the ability to sign FAs, I'm not sure the Jets are still in the position where they need to bring in top FAs because of major holes in the starting lineup like they have in past years. But obviously, this is a whole "wait and see" scenario. Either way I am MORE than willing to take the risk of not getting someone in return for having the Jets move on to the AFC Championship. Anyone who tries to twist it otherwise are just desperate to try to find the negative needle in the giant haystack of awesome.

it is funny how many posts were on these boards with jets fans saying the playoffs didnt matter and only the SB mattered when the Jets were playing the Dolphins. I guess those rules only applied to 2009 and not 2010. Now getting into the playoffs matters. I need to be kept updated on these rule changes

No. Performing well in the playoffs matters. I would not have been happy if we threw 4 picks and got embarrassed. But, we've won two, and if we don't win it all, have ourselves in a position where we look poised to be around the 'contender' conversation for some time.

it is funny how many posts were on these boards with jets fans saying the playoffs didnt matter and only the SB mattered when the Jets were playing the Dolphins. I guess those rules only applied to 2009 and not 2010. Now getting into the playoffs matters

Are you guys mentally ****ing retarded?

Yes that is what matters and we are one of four teams still playing for that goal you ****tard.

"On Paper" we don't make the playoffs.

Braylon had a nice day today, he's had some awful drops, but he's been a great blocker in the run game, and his presence alone has opened up the run game. He will be here.

We need a CB most of all, Safety was an artificial need created by Rhodes' absence, today, no one would be so sure. DE would help, as would another pass-rusher.

No team fixes all their needs in one year, Jets will be better next year than this year, I know that's tough to hear.

Good points. Braylon is a good blocker and his presence does force teams to respect him . Your running game is really the story of your run (no pun intended). Was hoping Schotty would continue running Jones but he eventually smartened up and started running Greene lol. If you can run for 150 yds again against the Colts I think you'll have a shot (i think you ran for 200 yds last time). still peyton is playing phenomenal this year. it will be a huge test for your defense

I agree you guys will be better next year. so will we. doesnt bother me to hear it. so long as the patriots keep falling apart all is good in our world

what position do you think you will targte with your first rounder in the draft

I'm not so sure about safety as a need. Rhodes has really stepped up his play big time lately and had a huge game today. Also, a lot of his comments about the Jets have quieted down big time. It is very possible he's back next year as the Jets starting safety. In terms of starters, the only spots you can say the Jets really need to fill would be DE and CB, but its possible the Jets cut Sheppard and bring him back, and obviously they did well enough with him and others in a rotation. Even at DE Douglas has been playing well and Devito as a rotational guy. Although they're obviously old at that position between Douglas and Ellis, so it needs to be addressed, but its not exactly what I'd call a dire situation.

The Jets aren't in danger of losing anyone important off of this team and while its also a help to have the ability to sign FAs, I'm not sure the Jets are still in the position where they need to bring in top FAs because of major holes in the starting lineup like they have in past years. But obviously, this is a whole "wait and see" scenario. Either way I am MORE than willing to take the risk of not getting someone in return for having the Jets move on to the AFC Championship. Anyone who tries to twist it otherwise are just desperate to try to find the negative needle in the giant haystack of awesome.

its funny but i really like Devito. Real lunch pail blue collar type but he makes plays in every game i watch. i agree that you guys are in a position that 28 other teams would want to be in. i'm just offering the miami perspective that the only thing that would hurt is if you guys win it all. when the patriots beat the Eagles in the SB that bothered me. When they lost to the Giants, well, whatever the word opposite of bother is is what i felt lol

No. Performing well in the playoffs matters. I would not have been happy if we threw 4 picks and got embarrassed. But, we've won two, and if we don't win it all, have ourselves in a position where we look poised to be around the 'contender' conversation for some time.
does that mean you have to win the SB or win one game, two? we had pennington in a playoff game. could it have turned out any other way?

I agree you guys will be better next year. so will we. doesnt bother me to hear it. so long as the patriots keep falling apart all is good in our world

This makes you too young to even know what you're talking about...

Eejit...

I don't think you understand what life will be like without the CBA. To become an unrestricted FA, a player will have to have at least six years of service - which means that almost all of them will be on the wrong side of 30.

But meanwhile, it's absolutely huge that the Jets can tender both Leon and Braylon precisely because there are question marks about both players. The Jets can keep them both for inexpensive one year deals if they so choose, or perhaps get first round draft picks in return.

The real action in free agency in 2010 will be in the RFA market, and every win for the Jets from here on out only benefits them there, too. Right now, the Jets can think about targeting priority RFA's knowing that at worst they'd cost the team the 29th pick (and possibly the corresponding 3rd) in the draft. The fish are out of that market unless they want to part with the 12th overall pick - as the 12th worst team in the league.

I was happy to just make the playoffs to get our rookie head coach and QB some post-season experience, but now that they've won a couple games the whole thing has changed. It's been so long since the fish have won a single playoff game, maybe you forget what it's like to actually be contending.

Damn right it's uphill the rest of the way, but I'll happily take the underdog spot in the NFL's final four - thank you very much!

Good points. Braylon is a good blocker and his presence does force teams to respect him . Your running game is really the story of your run (no pun intended). Was hoping Schotty would continue running Jones but he eventually smartened up and started running Greene lol. If you can run for 150 yds again against the Colts I think you'll have a shot (i think you ran for 200 yds last time). still peyton is playing phenomenal this year. it will be a huge test for your defense

what position do you think you will targte with your first rounder in the draft

Best available CB, WR, DE, or OLB (replacement for Gholston).

I don't know who that will be b/c I'm not a big NCAA guy. I'll have more thoughts as I read over some mocks as they come out. But, you'll excuse me if the draft is the furthest thing from my mind.

does that mean you have to win the SB or win one game, two? we had pennington in a playoff game. could it have turned out any other way?

It just means you have to be improving.

And as far as Pennington goes, we all felt that you couldn't go anywhere with him. But fins fans would have told you otherwise. Maybe you personally didn't believe that, but your bretheren definitely did... Thinking this was the year you made a strong push.

The Jets are a team heading in the right direction. The difference between the Jets and Dolphins (last year) is that I believe that with Sanchez playing well, we can play competitively with anyone in the league. I haven't with the exception of a few weeks when we were beating TENN and NE last year, I haven't believed that in a long time. And that fell apart as Favre got hurt and the D proved to be frauds. Last year, the Dolphins were not a team that could play competitively against anyone, and that was proven. Even if we lose to the Colts, I have no doubt we'll give them a hell of a fight. We held them to 15 pts in the 3rd quarter before they pulled their players last time.

seriously doubt it.

Jets probably will be vegas favorite to win afc-e for a few years in a row now.

and difference from last year was you lost in 1st round at HOME.

one major difference: we didn't go on the dol-fag boards shooting our mouths off about it

So if I don't post here, I'm a fairweather fan, right? Hmm... Guess there's no winning.

My "emotional breakdown" has nothing to do with football. It has nothing to do with my hate for the Jets.

It has to do with my hate for a certain human being on this message board that defines the word "fiecies." 124 is a walking piece of ****. He threatened the life of some of my friends and took trolling to another level on our site. I may be atangonisitc from time to time on here in between my attempts to discuss the GAME, but it's all with good intentions and in fun.

Joe is a terrible human being and I wish nothing but the worst for him. All I ahve to say to him is, come what may.

As for the "look at yourself" comment, that was just in reference to Joe's 80 pound pudding bowl he carries aroudn with him everywhere he goes. Yeah, his football team is playing well, but at the end of the day, he's a fat piece of ****. I am not. It will all be okay for me.

Wow. You are just a sad, pathetic assclown ain't ya?

So if I don't post here, I'm a fairweather fan, right? Hmm... Guess there's no winning.

My "emotional breakdown" has nothing to do with football. It has nothing to do with my hate for the Jets.

It has to do with my hate for a certain human being on this message board that defines the word "fiecies." 124 is a walking piece of ****. He threatened the life of some of my friends and took trolling to another level on our site. I may be atangonisitc from time to time on here in between my attempts to discuss the GAME, but it's all with good intentions and in fun.

Joe is a terrible human being and I wish nothing but the worst for him. All I ahve to say to him is, come what may.

As for the "look at yourself" comment, that was just in reference to Joe's 80 pound pudding bowl he carries aroudn with him everywhere he goes. Yeah, his football team is playing well, but at the end of the day, he's a fat piece of ****. I am not. It will all be okay for me.

That would be feces...just saying

damn man...**** just got real up in here.

Lets break this down:

not sure about edwards. i think you guys like him more than the rest of the league

the weeks immediately after Edwards caught a few tough td's, including that tip-toe one against your dol-fags, every dol-fag fan I know was bitching about why didn't Parcells go sign him

you still need a DE, S, CB and WR

DE, yes

CB & S..we do have the #1 passing defense in the league so I don't know where you get that

From our perspective it will help that you will be limited to only the draft.

We had 2 picks last year, Sanchez & Greene, I think Tanny did a pretty good job

Still even if all the teams were equal you would only have a 25% chance of winning it all

What are your chances?

On paper all three teams are better than you guys

tell that to the Chargers

You're almost a mirror image of the Ravens last year even down to the rookie QB. And that didnt turn out too well for the Ravens now did it.

I thought their 1st playoff game went rather well

would be interested to hear why you guys think you'll beat the Colts.

They can't stop the run

do you think brad smith is going to get another return for a 100 yd touchdown?

If Ted "run out of bounds" Ginn can do it, why can't Brad Smith?

So now I have shot down your entire arguement one point at a time...anything else?

heard on WQAM, a local am station and flagship station for the fags, that if the Jets make it to the Supe Bowk, they will be practicing at the fags faclilities in Davie...THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER & BETTER

Well someone might as well get use out of it...cuz we sure didn't. Take a giant **** in our practice bubble while your at it.

Archived