The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my daughter curses more than Rex Ryan.

I'll watch the show again during the week, I'm sure, but I really thought that during that sequence Rex was talking about how his defense -even minus Revis- will not be bullied when facing the rest of the league. Not a management vs. Revis thing. Certainly that sends a similar message, but that's what I thought he was saying there.

My kids are 10 and 4 :)

I could be wrong, but I thought it was directed at the revis camp

I'm sure we'll get 17 more chances to watch that episode before next wed !

Wow, just watched the first hard knocks on hbo.com all I got to say is it's on. Well, I got some more to say actually. lol. Heart renching to see Basped go. I can understand the o linemen. the guy wasn't doing well. But basped was owning out there. I know we can't keep three fb's, but it'd be nice to somehow keep davis. namath is still a stud. had to add that.

My solution is to front-load a signing bonus and put clauses in the contract that would prevent a future holdout.

Like there is anything more substantial than a current and in-force contract that would prevent a future hold out? What are you going to do? Have MEvi$$$ pinky-swear? BTW, how is the weather in Bizarro World?

I finally watched the episode and here are my random and unimportant thoughts:

Upstate NY is natural treasure. The setting for that Cafe Ryan terrace is so perfect.

I wonder if the moron Sutton haters still hate him after seeing him as a person.

Scott is unbelievable shape. Either he has his best season or he gets busted for 'roids.

Kevin Basped really does look like an Avatar and he's a sweet guy, I hope things work out for him.

Aaron Kia is a jerk I'm glad he got cut.

From the clips of John Connor in action they showed I don't see what the big deal is.

Namath's daughter is cute but she loses points for letting her dad go out in public dressed like that.

LT is the humblest superstar athlete in America.

Hard Knocks sees 37 percent increase in viewers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2010 2:24 PM ET

Last year, the Jets got the better of the Bengals twice, only six days apart. This year, the Jets have taken it to the Bengals again, besting by 37 percent the audience for their respective debuts on HBO's Hard Knocks.

The 10:00 p.m. ET debut on Wednesday drew 837,000 viewers, according to Newsday (via SportsBusiness Daily). With the replay that followed at 11:00 p.m. ET, more than 1.3 million watched the show.

But the show was watched, on average, in only two percent of the 31 million homes that subscribe to HBO. In New York, the number climbed to 3.9 percent.

What does it mean? It means that there's still a high ceiling before the country will be saturated with football fans.

Meanwhile, I've now watched it three times, and counting. Next Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

You know what caught my attention watching it again last night when I got into bed? They're reading the caption contest quotes for the picture of Rex obviously whooping it up, and one of them is, "Gholston gets a sack!" And you hear a couple of the guys read that, including Rex, and they're all laughing pretty hard at that one.

Yeah. mellow.gif

the more I see this, the better is gets. really well done show, even that brief "sounds of cortland" segement they do in the beginning that starts with the balloon animal guy and ends with the guy painting the field....just great stuff

then rex puffs his chest out and lays down the law and they go into "i'm not afraid"

great stuff

wednesday night is like sunday afternoon now

Archived