The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite part of the whole thing was Namath standing in the rain watching the scrimmage. Woody is doing a great job getting Namath out in front of this organization as its trademark figure. Smart and right.

The girl with Namath cracked me up (daughter/grand daughter or niece or something). She was clearly uninterested in watching practice and her only comments were about the rain.

The girl with Namath cracked me up (daughter/grand daughter or niece or something). She was clearly uninterested in watching practice and her only comments were about the rain.

That was really funny. He is trying to get into some football talk and in that clip she wasn't listening. I wonder if the HBO editors made that look worse than it really was though...

Says the guy with the Namath avatar. ;)

Call me Joe Homer. B)

BTW, I can't wait to see this week's episode where Vernon Gholston goes all Buddhist and explains how his career hasn't been a total disaster. I loved how, in the preview, he says "I don't think this is a make or break year for me" (or whatever he says). Zero sense of urgency on his part. I just hope, for Tannenbaum's sake, that Vernon is sharing some purple drank with Jamarcus Russell so at least there's an excuse for his awfulness.

Was up at camp yesterday. A few observations

-Coles looks completely finished.

-I dont see Gholtson seeing the field at all this year...no matter what Rex says.

-Brunell is awful

-Cromartie looks like a freak of nature athletically. A hotel lobby all star if you will.

-This Cumberland guy is getting a ton of looks. He's definitely going to make the team barring an injury.

-Santonio is very, very good.

-I expect Cotchery to lead the team in receptions. Looks solid.

-I dont see Gholtson seeing the field at all this year...no matter what Rex says.

-Brunell is awful

-Cromartie looks like a freak of nature athletically. A hotel lobby all star if you will.

-This Cumberland guy is getting a ton of looks. He's definitely going to make the team barring an injury.

Rarely do people start with the negatives, was worried there for a while.

:)

Holmes, is going to light the **** out of the NFL this season. Tanny has every right to boast about that trade, how the hell he pulled it off I will never know. Edwards needs to step up with him here too (With them effectively fighting for the one contract) which I love. Fully expect Holmes to be here for a while.

Call me Joe Homer. B)

BTW, I can't wait to see this week's episode where Vernon Gholston goes all Buddhist and explains how his career hasn't been a total disaster. I loved how, in the preview, he says "I don't think this is a make or break year for me" (or whatever he says). Zero sense of urgency on his part. I just hope, for Tannenbaum's sake, that Vernon is sharing some purple drank with Jamarcus Russell so at least there's an excuse for his awfulness.

His attitude is what pisses me off more than anything. He seems content with what he has, the money and the lifestyle. Plenty of new toys in his gym I'm sure. He's not here for football, he's there for the numbers and it's evident. Not make or break? Go **** off you useless stiff prick. If he doesn't get a sack this season then he should never utter the word football again.

Sucks too when you look at all the money we invested in that **** and we can't pay our superstar. Sad.

Rarely do people start with the negatives, was worried there for a while.

:)

Holmes, is going to light the **** out of the NFL this season. Tanny has every right to boast about that trade, how the hell he pulled it off I will never know. Edwards needs to step up with him here too (With them effectively fighting for the one contract) which I love. Fully expect Holmes to be here for a while.

I need to get a new jersey. I want a Santonio...but the entire freakin team is on a one year deal. I do expect Santonio to be here long term though.

Another note....DBrick came into the bar last night and sat two stools down from me. He had a Guinness wathing the Yanks.

-Brunell is awful

I do, too.

Cumberland is one of the guys I'm really interested in seeing tomorrow night. I remember a WR a few years back who was tearing it up in practice, but never did anything - even in the preseason. So while I like all the stuff I'm hearing (and I was really hoping for a backup TE who catches the damn football), I'm just crossing my fingers for a solid performance against the jints.

If Coles and Brunell are that bad, I hope the team isn't afraid to cut bait on these recent signings. I'd understand holding onto Brunell as a the QB whisperer, but Coles could be taking up valuable space.

I do, too.

Cumberland is one of the guys I'm really interested in seeing tomorrow night. I remember a WR a few years back who was tearing it up in practice, but never did anything - even in the preseason. So while I like all the stuff I'm hearing (and I was really hoping for a backup TE who catches the damn football), I'm just crossing my fingers for a solid performance against the jints.

If Coles and Brunell are that bad, I hope the team isn't afraid to cut bait on these recent signings. I'd understand holding onto Brunell as a the QB whisperer, but Coles could be taking up valuable space.

I dont think Coles is going to make it, honestly. I dont know why Brunell was even brought in...but he seems to be a lock to make the team. If I have to hear, "Mark Brunell is entering the game" at any point this season, my head might explode.

This made me laugh:

Tony Dungy "disappointed" with Rex Ryan's profanity

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2010 11:49 AM ET

Jets coach Rex Ryan showed on the first episode of Hard Knocks that he can drop "F" bombs with the best of them. Tony Dungy would like to remind Ryan that just because the show is on HBO, that doesn't mean he needs to talk like Tony Soprano.

Dungy, who in 13 seasons with the Buccaneers and Colts was one of the most mild-mannered head coaches in NFL history, said on the Dan Patrick Show that he thinks Ryan ought to watch his mouth.

"I'm disappointed with all the profanity," Dungy said. "I think Rex can make his points without all that."

Asked if he would hire a coach who talks the way Ryan does, Dungy answered, "I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I don't want to be around that. . . . It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I wouldn't hire someone like that. Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. I just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday vocabulary to get your point across."

Dungy thinks NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would be wise to give Ryan a call and ask him to think about how he's representing the NFL.

"I would hope that he does," Dungy said of the possibility of Goodell getting involved. "I don't know that he will or not but I hope that he does because I just don't think the league needs that. I don't think our young people need to hear that that's what's done to be successful. Because it doesn't have to be that way."

Between Dungy and his own mother, Ryan may have been sufficiently chastened that he'll watch what he says even if he doesn't hear from Goodell. Or at least save his "F" bombs for when the microphones aren't around.

This is HBO, not ESPN. If Tony doesn't want his kids to hear profanity he can cancel his subscription. I understand Tony is a strong Christian as well as an ambassador to the game, but if he hasn't realized by now that this is who Rex is, he isn't changing, and its the reason the NFL's ratings are going to go up this year, then he's been living under a rock.

thankfully they basically ignored the revis situation

the westhoff stuff was cool

vernon took a pay cut, was that ever announced ?

wilson looks like a stud

Lynn basically said terminator would be the guy by the end of camp, that's gotta be tough for T-rich to hear

sanchez came off like a dick for the most part

I'm not going to go through all these threads, so maybe I am repeating what someone else has posted...one, when Sanchez was fumbling with his travel bag, if I'm that coach, I tell him to put the ******* bag down and pay attention. And Joe McKnight is lost...he just seems like he just doesn't get it when coaches are talking to him.

I'm not going to go through all these threads, so maybe I am repeating what someone else has posted...one, when Sanchez was fumbling with his travel bag, if I'm that coach, I tell him to put the ******* bag down and pay attention.

yeah, he didn't impress me at all this episode, his youth really came through. I think he's getting the call from mom this week

This McKnight scenario looks even worse after that pathetic display.

Sulking on the sidelines — atta way, Joe.

His attitude left a lot to be desired. Rex even made the comment about him, he runs soft and is guilty of "dancing" instead of being decisive. Everyone is too good at that level to try to beat defenses on pure athleticism. You need toughness.

Also, I have to say that after this episode my heart actually does go out to Rex. That's a serious food addiction he's dealing with, the look on his face when M&M's and popcorn get put in front of him looks like a puppy who just crapped all over your rug and knows exactly what it just did.

really like Marty being around. One of my all-time favorite coaches. And how about his remark about 2nd year QBs. Uh oh. Not good.

yeah, best quote of the show. Something to the effect of: "If you've got your rookie QB performing at a certain level, and he comes back and performs at the same level the next next year, you've taken a step forward". Brilliant. Here's hoping Sanchez doesn't put on the know-it-all helmet and listens to his coaches.

Archived