The Official Jets On Hard Knocks Thread

Maxman

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a great episode IMO, 2nd best of the series this year.

A lot of insight and interesting with the TRich-Coles dynamic and now we know why Coles was cut. It was between him & TRich and Rex went with TRich.

real dumb thing said from rex there..

this season is setting up for disaster

Offense? Possibly.

But I've seen nothing in these shows, preseason, or reports that reveal that the defense will be worse than last year.

Injuries may get to them, the 1st team offenses of the Giants, Panthers & Skins weren't able to do anything against the 1st team defense.

This was a great episode IMO, 2nd best of the series this year.

A lot of insight and interesting with the TRich-Coles dynamic and now we know why Coles was cut. It was between him & TRich and Rex went with TRich.

They also mentioned Laury as being part of that group. Looks like TRich is making it. Assuming Revis gets a megadeal, it probably is David Harris's last year here.

They also mentioned Laury as being part of that group. Looks like TRich is making it. Assuming Revis gets a megadeal, it probably is David Harris's last year here.

It will be interesting on Harris because we have to see what kind of deal he's looking for.

Also, Clemens lacks the passion to be a starting QB in the NFL IMO, but he has a really great personality. I know, that's like complimenting a JiF chick, but still. He comes off has real genuine and has a good self deprecating humor like when Tanny came straight out and said he'd cut him if he didn't take the deal.

He also had a great line: "I don't think I should make less than I'm worth, but I shouldn't make more than it either." You don't see that in professional athletes.

Call me silly, but I hope he remains a Jet as a career backup like Frank Reich was with the great Buffalo Bills teams.

It will be interesting on Harris because we have to see what kind of deal he's looking for.

Also, Clemens lacks the passion to be a starting QB in the NFL IMO, but he has a really great personality. I know, that's like complimenting a JiF chick, but still. He comes off has real genuine and has a good self deprecating humor like when Tanny came straight out and said he'd cut him if he didn't take the deal.

He also had a great line: "I don't think I should make less than I'm worth, but I shouldn't make more than it either." You don't see that in professional athletes.

Call me silly, but I hope he remains a Jet as a career backup like Frank Reich was with the great Buffalo Bills teams.

I think it's my nature to be contrarian, but I can't help root for the dude, no matter how terrible he plays :D

Btw, WTF was the ref doing to Jenkins's a$$?

Edit: it's really classy that the site filters the S into a dollar bill sign. Nice touch. :P

Since you cant cover the long snapper, the ref probably thought he was to close so he was pretty much telling him to move over to avoid a penalty..

Vlad is definitely a project. I cringed when I heard we considered him with our first rounder. He's definitely in way over his head. Hopefully he'll start to figure things out by next season. I also hope he can figure out the footwork because the power is definitely there.

The Jets should sign another guard. Ducasse cant be on he field this year. He's going to get someone killed.

Here are my thoughts, I know that you guys won't be able to sleep until you read them:

Jets_HardKnocks_FB_Logo_123.jpg by Phil Sullivan on September 2, 2010

in Camp Reports,Jets On Hard Knocks

Another episode of Hard Knocks just aired on HBO and it was a frustrating one to watch for New York Jets fans. The prevailing themes of this episode were money issues and lack of team leadership. If the Jets have leadership issues look no further than this list and the players that the Jets chose to waive.

Thomas Jones: Was a team leader of offense last season and he was let go in a cost cutting move this past offseason.

Alan Faneca: There was plenty of talk about diminishing skills. Yet in an uncapped year, why wouldn’t you bring Faneca into camp and let one of the young guards (Slauson, Vlad) try to beat him out? Another cost cutting move. This episode showed that they guards lining up to replace Faneca are raw.

Laveranues Coles: He was waived this week but Rex Ryan spoke highly of him. Definitely gave the impression that they wanted to bring him back in week 2. This is yet another cost cutting move. By bring Coles back in week 2 they don’t have to guarantee his veteran minimum salary.

Kellen Clemens: The Jets wanted him to be the 3rd QB this season. Yet they told him they would waive him if he didn’t agree to restructure his contract. He outplayed Kevin O’Connell by a wide margin this preseason. Were the Jets willing to gamble a 500k savings at the QB position? Yes he is a backup (3rd string) but does 1999 ring a bell for anyone?

Rex Ryan gave a speech and chastised the team for their lackluster attitudes and asked for leadership. During the practice at Hofstra the defense thought it was a good idea to eat cheeseburgers. Life rule # 62, when Santonio Holmes tells you it is a bad idea, it is a really bad idea.

With the team being as close to the Super Bowl as they were last year it is just frustrating to see money be such an issue. Granted you can’t cave in and pay players whatever they want (Revis) when they are currently under contract. But anyone who thinks the Jets aren’t having cash issues right now just isn’t paying attention.

Woody Johnson was nowhere to be found during any of the money talk. He did chime in with this timeless bit of football wisdom, “You have to play good 100% of the time. You can’t blow it.” Somewhere Leon Hess just realized that clean toilets aren’t all that important. Playing good is what matters. Who knew?

Highlights from this show:

• Tony Richardson is the leader of this team. As impressed as they are with John Conner, they gave the impression that T-Rich has a roster spot locked up.
  • Mike Pettine on Bart Scott, “there is a difference between passionate and stupid”.
  • Apparently offensive coordinator Baby Schott realized this week that the offense has to, “have fun” and that is the key.
  • Jason Taylor has no sense of direction. He got lost going to the Redskins game (at home) and was late for the practice at Hofstra.
  • Several players were shown as they were told they were being waived: Rodrique Wright, Aundrae Allison, Marcus Henry, Kevin O’ Connell as well as Coles.

The final episode airs next Wednesday night and will be interesting to watch. The final cuts will have been made and players on the bubble like David Clowney, Launch and Danny Woodhead will know their fate.

With the team being as close to the Super Bowl as they were last year it is just frustrating to see money be such an issue. Granted you can’t cave in and pay players whatever they want (Revis) when they are currently under contract. But anyone who thinks the Jets aren’t having cash issues right now just isn’t paying attention.

Which makes it all the more sickening that f-stick Revis wants all the money he thinks he's due and any money anyone else is due on the team too.

[*]Apparently offensive coordinator Baby Schott realized this week that the offense has to, “have fun” and that is the key.[*]

We're f'ked

You guys can't be serious? We're immature and not focused? That's laughable. This team knows that they can play and mess around but come Sundays, they will be focused. You guys think we're the only team that ****s around? That's BS. Half of ******* Miami is looking for an ear ring, but yeah, we're the team that's not focused.

I TRUST REX RYAN.

Thomas Jones: Was a team leader of offense last season and he was let go in a cost cutting move this past offseason.

Alan Faneca: There was plenty of talk about diminishing skills. Yet in an uncapped year, why wouldn’t you bring Faneca into camp and let one of the young guards (Slauson, Vlad) try to beat him out? Another cost cutting move. This episode showed that they guards lining up to replace Faneca are raw.

I was never a fan of Alan Faneca. He is showing that he is not that good in Arizona as I believe he gave up 3 sacks so far this preseason. I think the Jets look into the future by drafting Shonn and Matt last year. They had to know they would be making these moves. You never want to keep players a year too late and I think the Jets did that with Alan and TJ. They worked TJ to death last year with the 300+ carries. Most runningbacks that do that kind of workload either fall off (Matt Forte) or get injured and I think the Jets didn't want to take that chance.

Archived