Focused Pennington gets loose at practice 11/12

Pac

Ahh ok I got ya now honestly Obama didnt set off my Bullsh*t meter so thats why I probaly didnt understand where you were coming from. That aside, didnt Penny take a pay cut later in that contract to help get some players signed ? Then they still didnt get him WR's to throw too other than the obviously broken down Coles ? Just askin cause Im not 100 % sure

Chad probably doesn't actively try to undermine young QB's, it's his mere presence that does it. It's like if you had two cars in the driveway: one, a Kia that you know will eventually get you to work and the other, a Ferrari you built from a kit that hauls a$$ and makes that hot piece of a$$ in marketing want to have your babies, but you know it breaks down every so often. Chad's the Kia, and if you were on the verge of getting fired, like Sparano is, you give up on the chick from marketing in order to keep your cubicle.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because, while he has a tearful chat with Henne, this embarrassing little dance is showing him up. Any way you look at it, he's saying, 'look at me, this is my shot now'. How about, fall in line with your team, and don't show up the young guy who just lost his opportunity. And yeah, Henne should play better to keep his job, but lets personalize this. If I remember correctly, you're were a baseball player. A pitcher? Imagine you pitched an awful game, were taken out in the 3rd inning. Your relief comes in like Kenny Powers, dancing up a storm while the team is down 4 runs. But hey, he pats you on the butt while you're walking back to the clubhouse. Is that classy? Is that leadership?

"I've been benched when it wasn't really my fault." - That's a comment Pennington just made. On the surface, it's in support of Henne, but how does this not demonstrate a huge lack of accountability by Pennington? Was there really a time when he didn't deserve to be benched? When we were 1-7, and he was throwing Pick 6s to lose multiple games, was that when it wasn't his fault?

"I just think as an offense, we've got to make sure we create a spark," he said. "Offensive football is about energy, it's about momentum. It's about synergy. It's about a feeling you have. And none of that happens with stats, it's not a statistic you can throw at it. So we have to find a way to create sparks during games. And when there's a chance to stick a dagger in a team and take their heart out, we got to do it. - in other words, I'm going to do all the things that Chad Henne can't. As opposed to, something classy and what a true leader would say. "Chad's a young QB who's got all the tools, and he's learning and improving each week. Unfortunately, that's not showing up in the win column right now, so the coaches decided to make this move. I'm going to go out there and do my best to get us some wins and take us to the playoffs. Chad will have his shot again and I'm sure he'll succeed." That's what a leader would say. Chad talks about all the things the offense didn't have without him.

This This This This This.

Further, why even tell the media that Henne cried? Wouldnt you consider that a personal conversation, one that stays in house. In my job, I'm a leader and I'm responsible for the careers of people that report to me...its funny, I know. But my point is, I've had those conversations with people and NEVER, EVER, EVER would I let anyone know that their partner cried to me about the difficulties of the job. Let alone leak it to the media? Please. Its undermining Chad Henne's future really. If he's saying that to the media, whats he saying to his others in private?

This is the same guy who went on a 5 minute rant about how its a privilege to be part of the NY media. Unreal. Really amazing how people revere him like Mother Theresa.

I agree :) but Im not the type to sit back while people say, someone sucks when they obviously do not. I just want a real arguement. I think its really sad how the Jets handled Pennington early on and I think that cost us the possibility of a SB

I hear ya. that's the problem with the whole pennington debate, it's been going on for so long posters on both sides have become so entrentched in their position that they just regurgitate the party line and it's a total waste of time in the end

Ahh ok I got ya now honestly Obama didnt set off my Bullsh*t meter so thats why I probaly didnt understand where you were coming from. That aside, didnt Penny take a pay cut later in that contract to help get some players signed ? Then they still didnt get him WR's to throw too other than the obviously broken down Coles ? Just askin cause Im not 100 % sure

Doh! I thought you we're a die hard conservative who used to call Obama a snake oil salesman. My bad!

And no, pennington's agent told the press he was willing to, but the Jets rejected his offer. Which is obviously bs.

I hear ya. that's the problem with the whole pennington debate, it's been going on for so long posters on both sides have become so entrentched in their position that they just regurgitate the party line and it's a total waste of time in the end

big ben, pariliament

There was an "Angry Dragon" reference.

This board has come full circle, indeed! :D

yea and I had to ask Brenda GG and Lyn the question "what's all this dragon stuff about" talk about a disturbing and embarassing PM/picture to receive...my wife was looking at me strange after opening that one up on her computer...

Doh! I thought you we're a die hard conservative who used to call Obama a snake oil salesman. My bad!

And no, pennington's agent told the press he was willing to, but the Jets rejected his offer. Which is obviously bs.

LOL I was a Ron Paul guy and I feel repubs have lost their way. But I kinda like Obama, to bad he is getting hog tied . Sorry could'nt resist.

I dont know, Im not sure pennington means any harm bottom line is lets see how he performs from this week on. Im going to make sure to watch the Phags and if I think hes done I'll certainly say as much since he has some decent skill players in Miami now that fit into his style and a very good O-Line when it comes to picking up the blitz. If in fact they do pick up the blitz well and Pennington can still actully trow a football thats the part that can get tough on all out blitzing teams that used to kill him.

LDT's chances at winning comeback player of the year just went from 80 to 8%

You can't win comeback player of the year if you played the entire previous season. I think LT's chances of that award are Zero Im also not sure Penny can win it either since he will only be playing half a season.

You can't win comeback player of the year if you played the entire previous season. I think LT's chances of that award are Zero Im also not sure Penny can win it either since he will only be playing half a season.

Not completely true:

The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985) by Pro Football Weekly. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance. Beginning in 1992 the Pro Football Writers of America and Pro Football Weekly combined for their awards, including the comeback player of the year, and it continues to this day.

Not completely true:

The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985) by Pro Football Weekly. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance. Beginning in 1992 the Pro Football Writers of America and Pro Football Weekly combined for their awards, including the comeback player of the year, and it continues to this day.

Thx for posting that jgb i was not aware that bad play a previous year could earn you the award as well.

Thx for posting that jgb i was not aware that bad play a previous year could earn you the award as well.

usually the winner is someone who got hurt or was out of football but the nfl loves a good story and LDT is one helluva story this year.

Not completely true:

The NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award has been given out after every season since 1972 (except for 1985) by Pro Football Weekly. The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.

Or being incarcerated.

LOL I was a Ron Paul guy and I feel repubs have lost their way. But I kinda like Obama, to bad he is getting hog tied . Sorry could'nt resist.

I dont know, Im not sure pennington means any harm bottom line is lets see how he performs from this week on. Im going to make sure to watch the Phags and if I think hes done I'll certainly say as much since he has some decent skill players in Miami now that fit into his style and a very good O-Line when it comes to picking up the blitz. If in fact they do pick up the blitz well and Pennington can still actully trow a football thats the part that can get tough on all out blitzing teams that used to kill him.

Hes done. :P

• 7 years later...
On 11/12/2010 at 2:34 PM, DLJ said:

OPEN MOUTH, remove his SCHLONG from it. :mellow:

Yeah I bet Jets defenders are quivering in their jockstraps at the prospect of facing Chad ******* Pennington, gimme a break with your homoerotic mancrush.

On 11/12/2010 at 2:49 PM, Pac said:

pfft.. she's flirting dude. I've seen this act before.

Damn Pac use to get dogged on the forum like this?

On 11/12/2010 at 2:43 PM, DLJ said:

Grow a pair won't you. I didnt personally attack you Einstein, I simply find your homoerotic mancrush on the Dolphins QB disturbing. Go buy yourself an ugly a$$ teal and orange Pennington jersey and stop subjecting us to your bulldoo doo. What a Baby. :rl:

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH DLJ doesnt think Chad Pennington is teh bestezt! WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My god the savage hunger to humiliate another poster. Where was I during this JN era? This is gold.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just found this gem of a thread and had to bump it.  And of course it was started by Pac.  Of course it was....

thanks for bumping this..  I just laughed for 10 mins.  I was on my game this day.

incidentally he did in fact win the AFCE that year so.......

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn Pac use to get dogged on the forum like this?

It's a chick dude..  no reason to unleash on her.  she was pretty worked up about an obvious joke thread so I let her get it out.  pretty sure she hates men.

if you read on you'll see I turned her around..  If I kept on trying I could have gotten her digits.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

thanks for bumping this..  I just laughed for 10 mins.  I was on my game this day.

incidentally he did in fact win the AFCE that year so.......

Lol I’m pretty sure the Pats won the AFCE that year, and our Jets went 11-5, and crushed their dreams in Foxboro.  It ‘twas 2008 when he won the AFCE.

6 hours ago, Pac said:

It's a chick dude..  no reason to unleash on her.  she was pretty worked up about an obvious joke thread so I let her get it out.  pretty sure she hates men.

if you read on you'll see I turned her around..  If I kept on trying I could have gotten her digits.

Not all men. Just you. 

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only you would create a thread like this and think you came out the winner. 

No self-awareness whatsoever. 

You bumped an 8 year old thread where I didn't even try and hide the fact I was messing with you and your ilk..  yeah, that's a win.

"chad means business" because he jumped around to an eminem song???  wtf does that even mean?

I can't believe some of you took this seriously haha...  

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

You bumped an 8 year old thread where I didn't even try and hide the fact I was messing with you and your ilk..  yeah, that's a win.

"chad means business" because he jumped around to an eminem song???  I can't believe some of you took this seriously haha...  

How do you expect anyone to decipher the stupid sh*t you say that doesn't make any sense, but you claim was a joke, from the regular stupid sh*t you say that doesn't make sense?  It all kind of blends together, you know.

13 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

How do you expect anyone to decipher the stupid sh*t you say that doesn't make any sense, but you claim was a joke, from the regular stupid sh*t you say that doesn't make sense?  It all kind of blends together, you know.

Retroactively, everything Pac does is a joke if he came out on the wrong end, super serious if he was right.  

Even just now, he tried to claim it was all a joke, BUT he was also vindicated in the end because the Dolphins won the division that year.

Eating his cake and having it too.  

Archived