Rex takes shot at Brady

Steveg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that was only after Rex said stuff about things.

http://www.necn.com/08/23/10/Brady-takes-another-shot-at-Jets/landing_sports.html?blockID=295832&feedID=3352

Two years ago, in the wake of the Patriots' Super Bowl loss to the Giants, Tom Brady took a shot at the New York Jets during a WEEI interview that went largely unnoticed and forgotten.

"I have a lot of respect for [the Giants] because they work hard, and they have a lot of great leaders on that team," Brady told Glenn Ordway on May 13, 2008. "It's kind of a blue-collar team. When you do lose a game, you at least want to lose to guys you respect. And I certainly respect those guys. I don't respect everybody, but I do respect the Giants."

When asked who he didn�t respect, Brady said simply, "There's four letters in their name." When Ordway asked, "Those green guys?", Brady laughed and responded, "Yeah, exactly."

On Monday, Brady did it again. And now -- with his words spreading virally across the Internet via Twitter -- it's likely this insult with have some legs.

In his weekly interview on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan Show, Brady was asked if he'd seen any episodes of HBO's Hard Knocks series, which this year features the Jets.

"You know, honestly I haven't turned it on," Brady said. "I hate the Jets. So I refuse to support that show . . . I'm sure it's great TV. I'm glad people are liking it. But that's just something I have no interest in watching.

"I'd love to say a lot of mean things, but I'd rather not do that, either."

Jets coach Rex Ryan was nonplussed by Brady's comments.

"Hell, [brady] knows we hate the Patriots, so what's the difference?" he said at his media briefing Monday. "My brother's" -- former New England linebackers coach Rob Ryan -- "got a couple of Super Bowl rings [from his time with the Pats, so] he loves Tom Brady. But I don't have them, so I don't like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don't like him."

http://www.necn.com/08/23/10/Brady-takes-another-shot-at-Jets/landing_sports.html?blockID=295832&feedID=3352

Two years ago, in the wake of the Patriots' Super Bowl loss to the Giants, Tom Brady took a shot at the New York Jets during a WEEI interview that went largely unnoticed and forgotten.

"I have a lot of respect for [the Giants] because they work hard, and they have a lot of great leaders on that team," Brady told Glenn Ordway on May 13, 2008. "It's kind of a blue-collar team. When you do lose a game, you at least want to lose to guys you respect. And I certainly respect those guys. I don't respect everybody, but I do respect the Giants."

When asked who he didn�t respect, Brady said simply, "There's four letters in their name." When Ordway asked, "Those green guys?", Brady laughed and responded, "Yeah, exactly."

On Monday, Brady did it again. And now -- with his words spreading virally across the Internet via Twitter -- it's likely this insult with have some legs.

In his weekly interview on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan Show, Brady was asked if he'd seen any episodes of HBO's Hard Knocks series, which this year features the Jets.

"You know, honestly I haven't turned it on," Brady said. "I hate the Jets. So I refuse to support that show . . . I'm sure it's great TV. I'm glad people are liking it. But that's just something I have no interest in watching.

"I'd love to say a lot of mean things, but I'd rather not do that, either."

Jets coach Rex Ryan was nonplussed by Brady's comments.

"Hell, [brady] knows we hate the Patriots, so what's the difference?" he said at his media briefing Monday. "My brother's" -- former New England linebackers coach Rob Ryan -- "got a couple of Super Bowl rings [from his time with the Pats, so] he loves Tom Brady. But I don't have them, so I don't like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don't like him."

This article is crap. Teams never tried to beat the Jets before. They try hard now because Rex says things sometimes.

It's kind of funny how the media was on Peyton's jock about 5 years or so ago, then stopped caring about him and he wins an SB. After Brady gets busted for being a cheater and having children out of wedlock, he suddenly becomes a hero for these same media losers. Probably because the media is full of the sickest, most vile, pathetic human beings on the planet. I wish we could wipe out the entire media, sports or otherwise.

It's kind of funny how the media was on Peyton's jock about 5 years or so ago, then stopped caring about him and he wins an SB. After Brady gets busted for being a cheater and having children out of wedlock, he suddenly becomes a hero for these same media losers. Probably because the media is full of the sickest, most vile, pathetic human beings on the planet. I wish we could wipe out the entire media, sports or otherwise.

This is pretty funny...but lets say it's true for arguments sake. If the criteria for being beloved is being a "cheater" and having having children out of wedlock, it would stand to reason that several children out of wedlock, "cheating", dui's, wife swaping, nasty video posting, sexual harrassment, sexting, civil law suits, coaches knocking players down, excessive swearing, etc.....well, then the Jets would be the most beloved team in the NFL, no? Seeing that the media is full of sick, vile and pathetic human beings - one would assume that they enjoy vile behavior...right? I mean, that's your point.

It's all a bunch of crap. The media has such a stronghold on so many of their viewers...they manupiulate and twist and shove THEIR agenda down your throats. Many (Sheep) follow. Anyone with half a brain knows better. One thing is for sure, the media LOVES to build people up....then knock 'em down...beat 'em up a little...then celebrate their triumph from the depths of despair THEY created. The media has WAY too much power...and we allow it. Sad.

This is pretty funny...but lets say it's true for arguments sake. If the criteria for being beloved is being a "cheater" and having having children out of wedlock, it would stand to reason that several children out of wedlock, "cheating", dui's, wife swaping, nasty video posting, sexual harrassment, sexting, civil law suits, coaches knocking players down, excessive swearing, etc.....well, then the Jets would be the most beloved team in the NFL, no? Seeing that the media is full of sick, vile and pathetic human beings - one would assume that they enjoy vile behavior...right? I mean, that's your point.

It's all a bunch of crap. The media has such a stronghold on so many of their viewers...they manupiulate and twist and shove THEIR agenda down your throats. Many (Sheep) follow. Anyone with half a brain knows better. One thing is for sure, the media LOVES to build people up....then knock 'em down...beat 'em up a little...then celebrate their triumph from the depths of despair THEY created. The media has WAY too much power...and we allow it. Sad.

Yes, everything bad is the media's fault. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm the sheep. :rolleyes:

Not you though, not the one who listens to media members who claim to be out of the mainstream, all the while bragging abouth their huge ratings, bitch about the "mainstream media" leading people astray and take their word as gospel. :blink:

I listen to a lot of it, shift through the crap, and come to my own conclusions.

You know what's funny? Gas prices in my area are about $3.26. Now, I live in the Boston area....Moonbat Central....nary a word of the incredible rise in gas prices. Nope. Nothing. Especially the Boston Globe....who just two years ago would be all over these "crippling" gas prices. I wonder why......

yea I could really care less how many slights Rex or any other Jets make regarding Tom Brady-screw him and his "let's run up the score on anyone we can" attitude. Then when he's getting pounded he has no problem with sitting his Diva a$$ on the bench. Screw him and screw the Patriots.

Brady is going to play so much harder now. I can't believe it.

exactly-in fact I hope Rex ratchets it up even harder if we happen to win tomorrow and have to face the scumbags next week. I want BP to REALLY hate Rex being Rex even more than ever before.

Why is thios even a ******* story. If a Jet passes wind it ends up all over the media.

Im a little sick of all this talk now. We're seemingly the clowns of the NFl at this point. Its become really sad. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE hates the Jets.

Do you really care? If someone at work or one of your neighbors doesn't like you does it really matter that much to you? eff everybody!!

The media has such a stronghold on so many of their viewers...they manupiulate and twist and shove THEIR agenda down your throats. Many (Sheep) follow.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Watching Fox News (or MSNBC, or the Daily Show, or whatever brand of news lite informercials you don't like, you get the idea) doesn't make people stupid. Being stupid makes people watch Fox News. The margins are so much better on shoving your own agenda down your throat that I can't imagine why anybody actually believes that the media would go to the trouble to contrive one.

Correlation doesn't imply causation. Watching Fox News (or MSNBC, or the Daily Show, or whatever brand of news lite informercials you don't like, you get the idea) doesn't make people stupid. Being stupid makes people watch Fox News. The margins are so much better on shoving your own agenda down your throat that I can't imagine why anybody actually believes that the media would go to the trouble to contrive one.

LOL! But they do....it can backfire though. Ask Brett Favre.

Holy ****, we insulted the Colts and Pats?

sh*t, maybe now they will want to win! :(

Yes we should not have angered them. Because when you make someone angry they don't play intelligently. Oh wait, that contradiction doesn't work out either.

Man the snow is coming down pretty heavy now. It's a good thing everyone wanted the playoffs to be re-seeded so that the WC team with the better record would play at home right? Wait, that was only when talking about the Saints against the Rams, and doesn't apply to the Jets and Ravens having better records than their opponents? Oops.

it would be pretty funny if the players were mic'd up and we actually got to hear the trash talking that REALLY goes on

some poeple around here would faint :D

I've heared it's really brutal, lots of " I did your momma and she smells" kinda stuff

so rex's comment about studying is very watered down

I listen to a lot of it, shift through the crap, and come to my own conclusions.

No wonder why you come across as bat-sh*t crazy. And that's the official, medical term. It's true. I read it on the internet.

Archived