Mike tannenbaum

Jetme23

This man is a genius.

Santonio Holmes salary will count $2.45 million against the 2011 cap, reports say.

Where did he come from? Why is he so good? Where can I learn his skill?

Thank you god.

I have been saying over and over he is at least a top 5 GM in the league, possibly even the best at this point. He gets guys he wants, his drafts have been solid, and he is a genius with the cap. He is the sole reason why I weven give any credence to the Nnamdi rumors, because quite frankly if there's a GM that can do it, Tannenbaum is the guy.

This man is a genius.

Santonio Holmes salary will count $2.45 million against the 2011 cap, reports say.

Where did he come from? Why is he so good? Where can I learn his skill?

Thank you god.

Simple math constitutes genius ? You can stucture a contract any way you want its his job to do that.

So roughly a $7.5M signing bonus + a $1M salary. Must be a monster roster bonus coming up soon a la Revis' $18M balloon this year.

It doesn't make total sense-They said 24m guaranteed, right?

A roster bonus is not a guarantee. Maybe the 24m was just agent speak.

What am I missing?

You my favorite. I won;t offer you oral but I would share an appetizer with you.

fair enough-besides I just got nice pre-bedtime oral pleasure last night-FROM THE WIFE you pervs

more good news...

TheJetsStream

Manish Mehta

Been told that #Jets LaDainian Tomlinson will likely be asked to re-work his contract (less money) to free up cap space. #nyj

I guess a genius is a guy that screws the cap in the future versus today.

Tannenbaum's been the Jet's GM since 2006 and he's been handling contract negotiations and managing the Jet's salary cap since '97.

14 years later, I think he and the Jets are doing just fine, don't you?

Tannenbaum's been the Jet's GM since 2006 and he's been handling contract negotiations and managing the Jet's salary cap since '97.

14 years later, I think he and the Jets are doing just fine, don't you?

he's the best GM in the league now with Rex running the show

fair enough-besides I just got nice pre-bedtime oral pleasure last night-FROM THE WIFE you pervs

more good news...

TheJetsStream

Manish Mehta

Been told that #Jets LaDainian Tomlinson will likely be asked to re-work his contract (less money) to free up cap space. #nyj

Isn't there only one year left on LT's contract? How do you re-work that other than to add a year (NO!), or he takes les money.

LT is taking less money?

It doesn't make total sense-They said 24m guaranteed, right?

A roster bonus is not a guarantee. Maybe the 24m was just agent speak.

What am I missing?

They could guarantee salaries or bonuses down the line. This year's salary is considered a guarantee.

I guess a genius is a guy that screws the cap in the future versus today.

The cap is going to get a lot higher in the future especially in 3 years when the new tv deals are signed and that will probably coincide with the back end of Holmes contract where the money starts getting ridiculous.

They could guarantee salaries or bonuses down the line. This year's salary is considered a guarantee.

You can guarantee offseason roster bonuses as well if they want to. Most likely Holmes will get an option bonus next season, just like Revis. What the Jets did was give themselves flexibility for this season and if they dont land the guys they want they will up Holmes' cap charge during the season to use the cap space. The Jets will likely be looking at cap charges in the 8-12 million range for Holmes over the next 3 years. Probably spells the end for a few guys, some of whom should be gone anyway (Pace).

You can guarantee offseason roster bonuses as well if they want to. Most likely Holmes will get an option bonus next season, just like Revis. What the Jets did was give themselves flexibility for this season and if they dont land the guys they want they will up Holmes' cap charge during the season to use the cap space. The Jets will likely be looking at cap charges in the 8-12 million range for Holmes over the next 3 years. Probably spells the end for a few guys, some of whom should be gone anyway (Pace).

Yeah, looking at Bart Scott's deal, it doesn't look like he's supposed to be around in 2012 or '13, either.

Archived