Edwards could possibly sign 1yr deal w/ Jets

GangGreen82

Adam Schein reported that the market isn't great for Braylon & with his probation, off the field issues, he could possibly end up signing a 1yr deal to stay with the Jets...Then really cash in next year as the top free agent WR. Would be pretty wild, if we could retain Holmes, Edwards and replace Cro with Nnamdi. Bring Ellis back & boy would I love to see Rex go out and add S Dawan Landry to play next to Jimmy.

J-E-T-S

Adam Schein reported that the market isn't great for Braylon & with his probation, off the field issues, he could possibly end up signing a 1yr deal to stay with the Jets...Then really cash in next year as the top free agent WR. Would be pretty wild, if we could retain Holmes, Edwards and replace Cro with Nnamdi. Bring Ellis back & boy would I love to see Rex go out and add S Dawan Landry to play next to Jimmy.

J-E-T-S

This would make me a happy man. Three is criticism of Edwards on various points, but a one-year deal creating a highly motivated Edwards just has no downside at all.

there is no market for Braylon. The Pats took Ocho. the Vikings, maybe... but who wants to give big money to Braylon, it's not a smart move, period. the dude ran his car off the road like last week. he's a scary guy to give big money to.

Also, we resign Cro. Not a very good #2 CB but I think he will thrive in the nickel, or take away TE's. A Revis/Aso/Cro secondary would make us a legitimate superbowl contender.

LOL.

Anyway, yeah, love to bring Braylon back. Funny, he has been tweeting about how a ton of teams want him... apparently not. LOL again.

wasn't his court hearing yesterday or today ? any word ?

yes. larz google is your friend !!!

Braylon Edwards Spared Jail Time In Ohio Violation

cbs2.jpg

Wednesday, 27 July 2011 (1 day ago)

A judge in Cleveland has spared New York Jets star Braylon Edwards jail time, extending his Ohio probation by a year for violating terms by driving drunk in New York City.

Also, we resign Cro. Not a very good #2 CB but I think he will thrive in the nickel, or take away TE's. A Revis/Aso/Cro secondary would make us a legitimate superbowl contender.

LOL.

Anyway, yeah, love to bring Braylon back. Funny, he has been tweeting about how a ton of teams want him... apparently not. LOL again.

Lets just sign everyone :P

LOL.

How many #2 CBs in the league would you say are better than Cromartie? For god's sake he'd be a #1 on maybe half the teams in the league. I'm glad he's not OUR #1, but as far as #2's go, I have no problems at the right price.

How many #2 CBs in the league would you say are better than Cromartie? For god's sake he'd be a #1 on maybe half the teams in the league. I'm glad he's not OUR #1, but as far as #2's go, I have no problems at the right price.

It was just a joke lol

there is no market for Braylon. The Pats took Ocho. the Vikings, maybe... but who wants to give big money to Braylon, it's not a smart move, period. the dude ran his car off the road like last week. he's a scary guy to give big money to.

Yeah...not like this guy.

santonio_holmes_twitter081932--300x300.jpg

He did? I didn't know that.

The Vikings probably not, they are signing a deal with James Jones soon I believe. They already have Percy Harvin who is a very good WR, and with Jones they are pretty much set. Or could be, definitely a speculative aspect to Jones. Funny thing is the big knock on James Jones is his drops. I don't think they need 2 droppers, plus Harvin is going to start so the Jones signing would be a little pointless.

I think either Braylon signs the 1 year with the Jets or he goes to a contender for cheap with another team. With these recurring problems it's doubtful a team gives him a big contract. He needs to understand that he is pissing away his chances.

The fast pace of free agency backed against camp is going to have this happen to a few good players. One year deals and they cash in next year....interesting times. I would love if this happened.

The fast pace of free agency backed against camp is going to have this happen to a few good players. One year deals and they cash in next year....interesting times. I would love if this happened.

Braylon tweeted right after Jets nation that some reporters (Schein) don't know WTF they are talking about-he seemed pissed too, and I would be too after hearing the dismissive tone they had about him...he's a LOT better than guys like Adam Schein are giving him credit for.

If JN had a franchise, Braylon Edwards would be the hightest paid WR ever.

Don't see Braylon coming back on a one year deal if the Jets do sign Aso. Not a lot of room for salary cap creativity on a one year contract.

Slats >>>>> Tanny

Cro is good BUT

Teams kind of abused him last year.

No doubt. Braylon put himself ion this position. He should take his couple Mil. and audition for next years market. Could one of you Twitter-cites hit him up and tell him Crusher said. "Take the deal"?

everyone has to give braylon credit. I (hope) believe that he is waiting for the nnamdi situation to finish for the jets to decide.

At the same time nobody is going to jump in and give him a long term contract with his recent off field antics. He is still only two years removed from being lunched from Cleveland. He had a very good year last year catching the ball but nobody is going to risk a long term deal. Don;t think so. he waits and after ASO signs he gets his one year money and works on himself as a citizen. Maybe? Sounds good? Please stay Braylon, DLJ needs you and THEIR magnificent.

Right ... the Bears have Johnny Knox and Devin Hester ... they're set through 2020

They passed on Braylon for Roy Williams. That says something...

The DWI, followed by not seeming to care about the DWI and then driving his car off the road at 4 am probably hurt him more than everyone thought. He still has a reputation of dropping passes and having one good season out of 6.

That being said- I'll gladly take him back.

They passed on Braylon for Roy Williams. That says something...

It says a few things Matt .... one of which is why I'm a die hard Jets fan, growing up and currently living in Chicago. Roy Williams is a cancerous sphincter ... they should grab TO on a futures deal to round out the Martz/Cutler circus.

If we're lucky enough to retain Braylon due to the fact that few humans can do a complete 180 in attitude and actions without a life threatening/changing event prompting it ... we've got more than just good mojo going on here. I have no doubt that keeping Braylon in this fold under Rex will also give him his best shot at really changing for good.

Archived