Brunell Released

flgreen

The market for Brunell is going to be insane. Huge mistake.

We have a glut @ QB. Don't you see how this is a waste of money for the team? The value he brings our team isn't the same value he would bring to another team that needs a QB. His value here is diminished and we should use that money to spend on 3rd tier DL and safeties.

We have a glut @ QB. Don't you see how this is a waste of money for the team? The value he brings our team isn't the same value he would bring to another team that needs a QB. His value here is diminished and we should use that money to spend on 3rd tier DL and safeties.

You could have signed 17 players for that money and improved the WHOLE team... no need to tie up so much $$ at one position. lol

Touché, touche.

Brunell is not worth 1.5 million for 2011, and both he and the Jets know it.

He was cut to fix that problem, and to clear cap space for other moves.

Doubtless he will be back with the Jets for a low minimum-type deal, assuming there is no interest in him elsewhere in the league (and really, there probably shouldn't be).

fwiw:

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora Jets releasing QB Kevin O'Connell and reducing QB Mark Brunell's salary.

O'Connell was only brought back last year to begin with because of wanting to avoid any issues involved with cutting a guy who had gotten hurt in their camp. Not a real surprise here. Brunell is coming back, McElroy is already locked in at #3 and Willy is around to be the "other guy" to take reps and maybe fight for a PS spot.

Manish just tweeted that Brunell WILL be back after Aso thing is done-at a reduced rate...

Man, Fuk Brunell, I hate this turd. Why wont he just retire and leave my beloved Jets alone? I'd take anybody as our number 2 over this waste of space. (Wish I could've tweeted that) haha :lol:

Archived