The real story

GhostOfGlennFoley

You guys are acting like our offense is under-performing. It's not. Yes, it does kind of suck. But we have a second year QB as our franchise guy, and Eric Decker as our number one. Do I think Decker is a good receiver? Damn right I do, but I don't think he's dynamic in the slightest.

As for this game, we lost our only decent receiving threat yet we still managed to remain competitive with another team that has far superior talent than we do. If this were the 2012 Jets, we lose this game by at least twenty points. Yes, our team still kind of sucks, but we've managed to take two of the best teams in the NFC to near (and barring horrible officiating, probably should have been) wins. 

Nelson and Kerley weren't a match for Jeffrey and Marshall. No sh*t. 

Smith wasn't a match for Cutler. No sh*t. 

One of our starting cornerbacks is a converted college linebacker.

Yes, we have a ton of cap space. Would you still like to guarantee an egregious amount of money to people like Bart Scott and Santonio Holmes to maintain a barely-above mediocrity status quo?  

This purely comes down to talent and officiating, not coaching. Rex and Mornhinweg have managed to make one of the least naturally talented teams in recent NFL history into competitors.

We'd all be in a very different mood if it wasn't for two blatant missed calls.

You guys are acting like our offense is under-performing. It's not. Yes, it does kind of suck. But we have a second year QB as our franchise guy, and Eric Decker as our number one. Do I think Decker is a good receiver? Damn right I do, but I don't think he's dynamic in the slightest.As for this game, we lost our only decent receiving threat yet we still managed to remain competitive with another team that has far superior talent than we do. If this were the 2012 Jets, we lose this game by at least twenty points. Yes, our team still kind of sucks, but we've managed to take two of the best teams in the NFC to near (and barring horrible officiating, probably should have been) wins. Nelson and Kerley weren't a match for Jeffrey and Marshall. No sh*t. Smith wasn't a match for Cutler. No sh*t. One of our starting cornerbacks is a converted college linebacker.Yes, we have a ton of cap space. Would you still like to guarantee an egregious amount of money to people like Bart Scott and Santonio Holmes to maintain a barely-above mediocrity status quo? This purely comes down to talent and officiating, not coaching. Rex and Mornhinweg have managed to make one of the least naturally talented teams in recent NFL history into competitors.We'd all be in a very different mood if it wasn't for two blatant missed calls.

Like the horse in true grit, the lack of talent mantra is wheezing and coughing up blood. Someone has to be blamed for years of empty cupboards. It is a tough pill to swallow with 20m in cap space when our major position of need--cb saw player after player go elsewhere.

don't know if you remember, but the jets teams with Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery and Bart Scott and Harris on D was probably one of the best couple seasons we could have asked for.

Kerley is a legit WR.  Decker is a legit WR.  if it wasn't for our own penalties, turnovers and poor play selection we'd be 3-0 right now.  i've always been a Rex fan, but so far this season is a product of poor coaching.

agree that the coaching staff are making the most out of a terrible talent situation. they are the lowest spending team in all of football.  Which wouldn't that bad if any of the 3 WR draft picks and the 2 CB draft picks were worth a damn. 

Can't argue with this

agree that the coaching staff are making the most out of a terrible talent situation. they are the lowest spending team in all of football.  Which wouldn't that bad if any of the 3 WR draft picks and the 2 CB draft picks were worth a damn. 

You can roll that statement back to 2007, exclude Kerley, and be right on the money. That's a long time to schwanse your draft in these critical areas and expect to be competitive.  

You can roll that statement back to 2007, exclude Kerley, and be right on the money. That's a long time to schwanse your draft in these critical areas and expect to be competitive.

yup, and Saunders was drafted supposedly to replace Kerley next year....omfg

Like the horse in true grit, the lack of talent mantra is wheezing and coughing up blood. Someone has to be blamed for years of empty cupboards. It is a tough pill to swallow with 20m in cap space when our major position of need--cb saw player after player go elsewhere.

can't blame a guy 2 years after he leaves. might work for politicians, but not in football

I assumed that "years" meant more than 19 games.  My bad.

Yeah its arrogance to think you can spend the minimum and build through the draft when you havent proven you can draft worth a sh*t thus far.

I assumed that "years" meant more than 19 games.  My bad.

with a real FA cb, jets might've won that game and the GB game. that's the really sad thing. one real CB on roster and the jets could be 3-0. yes i know if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. but think about that. despite all the eff ups and street corners we had GB and CHI where we had a chance to win in the end.

with a real FA cb, jets might've won that game and the GB game. that's the really sad thing. one real CB on roster and the jets could be 3-0. yes i know if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas. but think about that. despite all the eff ups and street corners we had GB and CHI where we had a chance to win in the end.

And that point alone should direct people to realizing the sky is not falling. We are a competitive team who looks like we just might be a big time WR and a CB away from being a serious contender. 

That's good news man. 

If Geno, who has shown significant improvement, can get the turnover thing in check we may have something here.  

And that point alone should direct people to realizing the sky is not falling. We are a competitive team who looks like we just might be a big time WR and a CB away from being a serious contender. 

That's good news man. 

If Geno, who has shown significant improvement, can get the turnover thing in check we may have something here.  

the defense has performed beyond all reasonable expectation. it's true that a CB might make us 3-0, but to always ask more of a defense that is already overachieving when the offense is absolutely atrocious is a little ridiculous.

the defense has performed beyond all reasonable expectation. it's true that a CB might make us 3-0, but to always ask more of a defense that is already overachieving when the offense is absolutely atrocious is a little ridiculous.

I wouldn't call the offense atrocious. They (Geno) make mistakes. We have moved the ball on the three teams we've played and shot ourselves in the foot numerous times. That stuff can be corrected. It's still early in season. How many times has Buffalo come out of the gate 5-0 or whatever only to miss the playoffs? How may times have the Jets been poised to make the playoffs only to lose out in Dec? 

We've shown significant progress from where we were with Sanchez and even last season with Smith. He doesn't throw the two picks ( I know... big if) and it's a different game. That fumble goes for the TD and it's a different game. 

The sky is not falling and the offense is not atrocious IMO. 

I wouldn't call the offense atrocious. They (Geno) make mistakes. We have moved the ball on the three teams we've played and shot ourselves in the foot numerous times. That stuff can be corrected. It's still early in season. How many times has Buffalo come out of the gate 5-0 or whatever only to miss the playoffs? How may times have the Jets been poised to make the playoffs only to lose out in Dec? 

We've shown significant progress from where we were with Sanchez and even last season with Smith. He doesn't throw the two picks ( I know... big if) and it's a different game. That fumble goes for the TD and it's a different game. 

The sky is not falling and the offense is not atrocious IMO. 

i think it's pretty bad. OAK, GB, CHI all have pretty lame defenses. DET is going to eviscerate the jets by daring Geno to throw the ball. and it's gonna be ugly.

With Decker out of the game our lack of WR depth is illuminated. A receiving corp of Kerley, Nelson, Cumberland, Amaro is about as bad as it gets in the whole league. With that said, we still racked up over 400 yards of total offense. If we eliminate the garbage (the pick 6 and dropped punt), we win this game. What this team needs is a major red-zone target; something we haven't had since Plaxico left...

Good teams find a way to win.

Bad teams find a way to lose

Based on the 3 games so far this season, we are not good. So let's not fool ourselves by thinking we are one person away from greatness

The Cubbard has been empty for a while and our owner thinks we can restock with the no frills brand.

i think it's pretty bad. OAK, GB, CHI all have pretty lame defenses. DET is going to eviscerate the jets by daring Geno to throw the ball. and it's gonna be ugly.

And we will know if that's true next week. Up until this point our offense has shown that they can move the ball well. We have had a weird TO, a fumble recovery for a TD and and some turnovers take away games from us.

We had an INT for a TD and an INT in the redzone last night on top of the fumble thing and we had a chance to tie in the final minute. We're not there yet and I am not happy about the picks and such but to say we are not an improved unit with real potential is just looking at the glass half empty and supports people's previous dialog that Rex sucks etc.

I'm not in that camp. I see much to be excited about and hope we can continue to build on what we've been doing.

Oh... an David Nelson's routes make me wanna puke.

And we will know if that's true next week. Up until this point our offense has shown that they can move the ball well. We have had a weird TO, a fumble recovery for a TD and and some turnovers take away games from us.

We had an INT for a TD and an INT in the redzone last night on top of the fumble thing and we had a chance to tie in the final minute. We're not there yet and I am not happy about the picks and such but to say we are not an improved unit with real potential is just looking at the glass half empty and supports people's previous dialog that Rex sucks etc.

I'm not in that camp. I see much to be excited about and hope we can continue to build on what we've been doing.

Oh... an David Nelson's routes make me wanna puke.

Man i really hope you are right but i got that feelin that detroit game is when geno finally puts it all together and successfully makes all of the above mistakes and more in the same game. i never bet for or against jets because when i am high on them i am too high and when i am disgusted with them i am overly pessimistic, but tempted to break my rule and go big on the lions. Dont care what the spread is. I really believe we will be looking at a game that is over by halfway through the second quarter. I see no way in hell absent a ceiling support beam falling onto the lions bench that the jets win this game. Like zero. Lock of the week.

don't know if you remember, but the jets teams with Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery and Bart Scott and Harris on D was probably one of the best couple seasons we could have asked for.

Kerley is a legit WR. Decker is a legit WR. if it wasn't for our own penalties, turnovers and poor play selection we'd be 3-0 right now. i've always been a Rex fan, but so far this season is a product of poor coaching.

Turnovers are part of football . Also explain to me how we win the last 2 games. If u score on GB and Tie the game with 5 min left you don't think GB will score ?

Kerley is a legit WR. Decker is a legit WR. if it wasn't for our own penalties, turnovers and poor play selection we'd be 3-0 right now. i've always been a Rex fan, but so far this season is a product of poor coaching.

Turnovers are part of football . Also explain to me how we win the last 2 games. If u score on GB and Tie the game with 5 min left you don't think GB will score ?

the real story is the jets are dumb at football.  1/6 in the redzone winters is a pile of sh*t and they won't bench him

vick comes in for no reason

don't delude yourself. get it over with now. we are watching the death throws of the rex ryan error

Fact: Geno cost us the game Monday. If he just doesn't turn ball over we win. With our weak secondary we held Chicago to under 300 yds. Sure, the D let up 20 but if our Qb could not turn it over we had 22.

THIS.  No need to go beyond this point in both the Green Bay and Chicago games.  

Archived