Anybody following Rex to Buffalo?

isired

Curious... I know some people felt strongly that Rex was not the problem, and frustration with the team - owner, stadium, front office, roster, draft, etc. - is at or near an all time high. Pair that with the fact that he's still in New York, for the geographic fan... Did anyone consider making the jump? Or bump the Bills up in their pecking order?

It's pretty inconceivable to me to change allegiances... And admitting to it here is another thing altogether. But I don't think Rex was at the top of the list of the problems I'd point to as the reason we stunk this year. BUT, I also think he had to go. You can only survive so many housecleanings. And he's not yet a good game manager, and his issues on the offensive side of the ball speak for themselves - which is one reason I question the Bills' choice - they are, for all intents, the 2013 Jets. Stout D, no QB, no O. But part of me definitely worries that we may have placed another Ace in the hand of a division rival.

Curious... I know some people felt strongly that Rex was not the problem, and frustration with the team - owner, stadium, front office, roster, draft, etc. - is at or near an all time high. Pair that with the fact that he's still in New York, for the geographic fan... Did anyone consider making the jump? Or bump the Bills up in their pecking order?

It's pretty inconceivable to me to change allegiances... And admitting to it here is another thing altogether. But I don't think Rex was at the top of the list of the problems I'd point to as the reason we stunk this year. BUT, I also think he had to go. You can only survive so many housecleanings. And he's not yet a good game manager, and his issues on the offensive side of the ball speak for themselves - which is one reason I question the Bills' choice - they are, for all intents, the 2013 Jets. Stout D, no QB, no O. But part of me definitely worries that we may have placed another Ace in the hand of a division rival.

I think some people might.  If I'm not mistaken we have a couple former Jets fans who pull for the Browns and Packers now but they still hang around here for the camaraderie.  It's an idea I can't wrap my head around but not everybody can deal with the stuff this team puts us through. 

Rex will be in Rochester this weekend with Sammy Watkins. Some promotional tour stop or something.

I plan on stopping by and shaking his hand and thanking him for his time with the Jets.

I'm betting Todd Bowles is working at his office getting our improved coaching staff in place and evaluating players on the roster

Some coaches work at coaching. Others prefer media campaign tours, pressers and insider calls to Manish

I'm betting Todd Bowles is working at his office getting our improved coaching staff in place and evaluating players on the roster

Some coaches work at coaching. Others prefer media campaign tours, pressers and insider calls to Manish

Rochester makes up almost half of the season ticket crowd and has many potential customers.  His bosses are sending him out to sell tickets.  I don't think he requested to stand out on Main St in Rochester on a Saturday night in January.

If Rex had gone to Atlanta, I might have liked the Falcons as distant second team in the NFC.   No way I can wish him any luck with the Bills 

In general a good number of people in this fan base are phonies as far as how they feel about our dreaded afc rivals.

I still remember people fellating Jason freaking Taylor when he was 1st rumored to be coming to the Jets as if he was 'weighing his options'.  One of the bibbest putzes of an opponent and people were falling all over themselves.  Same with Goggles Sparano, awful coach with an awful rival and all sorts of posts musing how good he was going to be for the Jets.

In general a good number of people in this fan base are phonies as far as how they feel about our dreaded afc rivals.

I still remember people fellating Jason freaking Taylor when he was 1st rumored to be coming to the Jets as if he was 'weighing his options'.  One of the bibbest putzes of an opponent and people were falling all over themselves.  Same with Goggles Sparano, awful coach with an awful rival and all sorts of posts musing how good he was going to be for the Jets.

Hated the Taylor signing from day one and still hate that he wore Jets green.  Could not root for that guy.

If I saw Jason Gaylor in public, I'd punch him directly in the face and run for cover. 

Rochester makes up almost half of the season ticket crowd and has many potential customers.  His bosses are sending him out to sell tickets.  I don't think he requested to stand out on Main St in Rochester on a Saturday night in January.

Will he be wearing a sandwich board?

Not Me, My wife works in their front office, but I am and will always be a Jets fan. The Jets are in our DNA and cannot be changed. 

Exactly...to each his own, but I could never bring myself to become a fan of another team.

Damn...just went to NYDN and clicked "Jets" to see if any news...three of the four stories on "the Jets" are about Rex and the Bills.  Looks like they're following him up to Buffalo.

Damn...just went to NYDN and clicked "Jets" to see if any news...three of the four stories on "the Jets" are about Rex and the Bills.  Looks like they're following him up to Buffalo.

manish was in buffalo for the press conference the other day

Archived