What are we going to talk about after the draft?

Maxman

It is such an amazing time of the year. Once the draft is over, we will start talking about the depth chart. But what positions can the Jets draft a starter? OLB, definitely.

OLineman...a 1st round guy, maybe a 2nd or 3rd could even start there.

But what other position could they draft someone to start? QB? Probably not.

Thoughts?

Those are probably the only two positions were a rookie can come in and compete for a s starting spot.  Cooper or White can get significant snaps in a spread offense as well as one of the scat backs if taken in the 3rd or 4th round.  

It is such an amazing time of the year. Once the draft is over, we will start talking about the depth chart. But what positions can the Jets draft a starter? OLB, definitely.

Thoughts?

I can only speak for myself, but I'll still be talking about bitonti's draft recap from last year.

I can only speak for myself, but I'll still be talking about bitonti's draft recap from last year.

You are in luck because he will be on JetNation Radio this week. You can get a real time preview of this draft.  :)

Thoughts?

Everything Rex Ryan.

1. Camp Battles & Draft Pick Potential

2. Actually Being Competitive in 2015.

3. Beating Rex.  

4. Who Plays QB, The Beard or the Gerk.

5. Will Pats take a Step Back (lol).

6. Why Crusher is the greatest Crusher who has ever Crushed a Crush.

rex drafts the good players, the GM drafts the bad players ;-)

LOL -  Whaley and Ryan work pretty closely together -  they are going to have to take both the praise and criticisms for all players.  We (Buffalo Bills Fans) are going to hold them to it.  The scuttlebutt right now (from the fans and spectators) is that Whaley is a genius.  Of course,  everyone in Buffalo loves Rex.   

LOL -  Whaley and Ryan work pretty closely together -  they are going to have to take both the praise and criticisms for all players.  We (Buffalo Bills Fans) are going to hold them to it.  The scuttlebutt right now (from the fans and spectators) is that Whaley is a genius.  Of course,  everyone in Buffalo loves Rex.   

whaley is like 24 years old, right ?  rex is running this draft.  you will draft one of his sons friends from clemson in the late rounds so his son doesn't get swirlies in the locker room

whaley is like 24 years old, right ?  rex is running this draft.  you will draft one of his sons friends from clemson in the late rounds so his son doesn't get swirlies in the locker room

Whaley looks like a young kid but he's about 43 or 44 years old.  If the Bills can draft another player like Sammy Watkins from Clemson,  I'll take it.  I'm waiting to see if Whaley makes any moves on Bryce Petty.  If he does,  I think Jeff Tuel will  be gone.  How do you feel about the Jets' line up so far?  As of right now,  looks like Geno Smith will be starting again this year.

How Goodell didn't penalize the pats for deflategate

Yes,  this is taking an inordinate amount of time.   I am beginning to wonder if they are going to just let this die a slow death.  I don't think the deflated balls had any influence on the game.  Patriots would have won regardless.  It's just the appearance of dirty play that seems so unfair or unethical.  

The usual post draft stuff, divided into groups:

The jaded draftniks:  They shouldn't have passed on Player X, Team 2 just got a huge steal and we'll regret it to our graves, I can't believe our front office is so stupid.   

The optimistic draftnik:  I never heard of our 3rd round guy before his name was called, but I did some googling, and some random website had him as a sleeper, so we got a steal guys.  

The pessimist:  Why do we even bother?  Never going to win as long as Geno is our QB, I'm going to cancel my TV subscription.  

The optimist:  I liked how we ended last year, and if we just had Player Y last year, we would've won 5 more games, so this is the day we turn it around.   

The submissive:  Guys, both Mac and Bowles know far more than we do, lets trust them ok.  I'm sure they did their due diligence, and I have faith.  

The recorder:  I listened to podcast X, Y, Z, 2, 4, and 9, and we've come squarely in the middle, so I'm optimistic while being worried.  

The time capsule:  Let's all wait for training camp, and season to begin.  Can't judge these picks for 3 years (enter example of some guy who broke out in Year 3, 12 years ago)

The troll hook:  Oh man, I was really worried about the Jets, but haha they screwed up like usual.  Can't believe we got Player X in the second round, I had him top 5 for sure.  

The troll catch:  Get the **** out of here, no way, that guy sucks, my buddy goes to his college, and he's pretty sure that guy has herpes.  

and

The clueless:  Starts threads about the possibility of new threads down the line.  :D 

Whaley looks like a young kid but he's about 43 or 44 years old.  If the Bills can draft another player like Sammy Watkins from Clemson,  I'll take it.  I'm waiting to see if Whaley makes any moves on Bryce Petty.  If he does,  I think Jeff Tuel will  be gone.  How do you feel about the Jets' line up so far?  As of right now,  looks like Geno Smith will be starting again this year.

the legend around here was rex was allowed to make a pick in the late rounds, and he took a kid from clemson the year his son was there, lol

the jets are like 22 teams, pretty talented, but need a QB

If bowles goes in for a true open competition at QB, it will be a pretty close race,  as harvard and geno both turn it over a lot (harvard more fumbles, geno more picks) but harvard knows gailey so he has a little advantage.  

the legend around here was rex was allowed to make a pick in the late rounds, and he took a kid from clemson the year his son was there, lol

the jets are like 22 teams, pretty talented, but need a QB

If bowles goes in for a true open competition at QB, it will be a pretty close race,  as harvard and geno both turn it over a lot (harvard more fumbles, geno more picks) but harvard knows gailey so he has a little advantage.  

I didn't know that Rex picked up a Clemson player while his son (think he's still there) was attending the school.  Interesting.   Yes,  there seems to be a real draught in the realm of starting QB's.  I'd love to see EJ Manuel make starting QB for the Bills but I am not overly optimistic.  Right now,  it looks like Matt Cassel will be starting (just my opinion).  

The jaded draftniks:  They shouldn't have passed on Player X, Team 2 just got a huge steal and we'll regret it to our graves, I can't believe our front office is so stupid.   

The optimistic draftnik:  I never heard of our 3rd round guy before his name was called, but I did some googling, and some random website had him as a sleeper, so we got a steal guys.  

The pessimist:  Why do we even bother?  Never going to win as long as Geno is our QB, I'm going to cancel my TV subscription.  

The optimist:  I liked how we ended last year, and if we just had Player Y last year, we would've won 5 more games, so this is the day we turn it around.   

The submissive:  Guys, both Mac and Bowles know far more than we do, lets trust them ok.  I'm sure they did their due diligence, and I have faith.  

The recorder:  I listened to podcast X, Y, Z, 2, 4, and 9, and we've come squarely in the middle, so I'm optimistic while being worried.  

The time capsule:  Let's all wait for training camp, and season to begin.  Can't judge these picks for 3 years (enter example of some guy who broke out in Year 3, 12 years ago)

The troll hook:  Oh man, I was really worried about the Jets, but haha they screwed up like usual.  Can't believe we got Player X in the second round, I had him top 5 for sure.  

The troll catch:  Get the **** out of here, no way, that guy sucks, my buddy goes to his college, and he's pretty sure that guy has herpes.  

and

The clueless:  Starts threads about the possibility of new threads down the line.   :biggrin:

I think you just about covered it, lol. Nicely done.

and

The clueless:  Starts threads about the possibility of new threads down the line.  :D

Lol -- awesome.

How Goodell didn't penalize the pats for deflategate

Looks like the Colts are the cheating bastids behind Deflategate:

Some suspect that a truly thorough investigation might reveal that the Colts took additional air out of the ball that was intercepted by linebacker D’Qwell Jackson during the first half of the game. The NFL previously has declined to comment on whether Ted Wells is exploring that angle. Others currently believe that the NFL has turned the investigation back on itself, hoping to placate Patriots owner Robert Kraft by determining how so many leaks of information that would tend to incriminate his team made their way to the media.

Archived