Who's your favorite "New" member of the Jets?

Villain The Foe

Could be anyone...player, coach etc. 

I got to say that I really like Marcus Gilchrist. The guy is exciting to watch and seems like an awesome teammate. Just watched his spotlight vid on the Jets website and Im already hyped for Sunday. I think Gilchrist is one of the least flashy names in respect to our new additions but he seems like a good character guy who will play an important role cementing a spot that we've had a vacancy at since Kerry Rhodes. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Jets-Spotlight-Marcus-Gilchrist/08392c38-ffc7-4f0f-a26c-2d20ba78d540

Right behind Gilchrist is Todd Bowles and surprisingly a close 3rd is believe it or not, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hope Fitz keeps it up. I tend to talk sh*t about new acquisitions that I dont like during the offseason (Fitz) but once the season starts im fully on board. And I must admit, Fitz has made it very easy for me to root for him. Im just excited about what im seeing! 

Who is your favorite new member of the Jets? 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be anyone...player, coach etc. 

I got to say that I really like Marcus Gilchrist. The guy is exciting to watch and seems like an awesome teammate. Just watched his spotlight vid on the Jets website and Im already hyped for Sunday. I think Gilchrist is one of the least flashy names in respect to our new additions but he seems like a good character guy who will play an important role cementing a spot that we've had a vacancy in since Kerry Rhodes. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Jets-Spotlight-Marcus-Gilchrist/08392c38-ffc7-4f0f-a26c-2d20ba78d540

Right behind Gilchrist is Todd Bowles and surprising like a close 3rd is believe it or not, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hope Fitz keeps it up. I tend to talk sh*t about new acquisitions that I dont like during the offseason but once the season starts im fully on board. I must admit, Fitz has made it very easy for me to root for him. Im just excited about what im seeing! 

Who is your favorite new member of the Jets? 

Didn't know much about Gilchrist at the time he was signed but after I watched him in several games on the All-22 I was pretty excited about it.  Liked him even more at Florham Park because I went to five or six practices and he stood out to me as a guy who was constantly talking when he wasn't on the field.  Whether he was mentoring Calvin Pryor or talking coverages with Revis or any other DB.  He didn't have any down time.  He was either on the field, or trying to learn or help somebody else learn every time I looked at him.

Stone Cold Todd Bowles.  Love the guy.  His demeanor is outstanding.  Calm, cool and collected.  Love it.  Plus, I think he dominates the Royal Rumble of Head Coaches.  Hell, he might be the toughest guy on the team. 

For players?  Mo Wilk is my guy.  He was the player I wanted that entire offseason.  I knew he was going to be special and he hasnt disappointed one bit. 

Edit because I cant follow directions: BMarsh is my favorite NEW Jet

Didn't know much about Gilchrist at the time he was signed but after I watched him in several games on the All-22 I was pretty excited about it.  Liked him even more at Florham Park because I went to five or six practices and he stood out to me as a guy who was constantly talking when he wasn't on the field.  Whether he was mentoring Calvin Pryor or talking coverages with Revis or any other DB.  He didn't have any down time.  He was either on the field, or trying to learn or help somebody else learn every time I looked at him.

I didnt know much about him either. I've heard of him but knew nothing about him. He's probably similar to the Buster Skrine signing (though I knew about Skrine) to where most football fans generally never heard of him. I really like what I see and I like that he has an impact on Calvin Pryor. 

1.  I'll 2nd JiF's Todd Bowles choice and also add Chan Gailey.  They seem like the perfect team and compliment each other well.  Bowles will of course be here a lot longer (we hope) and already just seems like he has that "IT" factor for a coach.  It's early but this seemed like a great hire at the time, and nothing that has happened so far says otherwise.

2.  Leonard Williams.  Thank you Redskins!  Your ineptitude gifted us one of the best prospects we've had in a long, long time.

3.  The Conquering Hero.  Finally some professionalism at the QB position, and he's playing up to expectations so far.

4.  Buster Skrine.  Dude seems like he can cover anybody we ask him to. 

5.  Brandon Marshall.  As has already been stated, he might already be better than Keyshawn.  15 years since we've had a true WR1 here.  Yes, Coles and Cotchery were really good, but neither had the type of skillset Marshall offers.

1.  I'll 2nd JiF's Todd Bowles choice and also add Chan Gailey.  They seem like the perfect team and compliment each other well.  Bowles will of course be here a lot longer (we hope) and already just seems like he has that "IT" factor for a coach.  It's early but this seemed like a great hire at the time, and nothing that has happened so far says otherwise.

2.  The Conquering Hero.  Finally some professionalism at the QB position, and he's playing up to expectations so far.

3.  Buster Skrine.  Dude seems like he can cover anybody we ask him to. 

I agree with Chan Gailey. 

There's so much "good" happening with this team right now. It's crazy the amount of options we have regarding such a simple question. Chan Gailey has really made this offense respectable. The Jets are averaging 25.5 points per game. I couldnt tell you when the last time the Jets averaged that during any two game stretch off the top of my head, its been so long. You know how many times I've seen a team finally score with 10 minutes left in the 4th and I watched the Jets offense fall flat on its face then watch as the defense finally falter and give up more points simply because they have no help from the offense and we lose? 

That thought was on my mind when the Jets offense took the field. Then I watched Fitz, Ivory and Marshall completely destroy all prior season misfortunes with a 4 minute drive that instantly showed how much of a beast Chan and this new offense really is. 

That thought was on my mind when the Jets offense took the field. Then I watched Fitz, Ivory and Marshall completely destroy all prior season misfortunes with a 4 minute drive that instantly showed how much of a beast Chan and this new offense really is. 

Fitz and Gailey are a really good fit together.  You can see why they had success in 2012.  No OC can make an offense work in the long run with a truly sh*tty QB, but Gailey can get the most out of an average QB.  And these are by far the best weapons Gailey has gotten to work with since what, his days in Pittsburgh in the mid-90s?

The signs are certainly good!  Woody Johnson got advice from the right people and may just have made great hires at GM/HC.  That more than anything will make me forgive Woody for his past transgressions.

Sooner or later Woody must repay Belichick for the almost 2 decades of total embarrassment. I REALLY hope this year is the beginning of that payback. 

Offense: Marshall. Just a force. Making big plays, Motivated.

Defense: Buster Skrine. He's really filled a gap and is all over the field.\

Coaching: Bowles has been terrific.

Rookies: Williams for now. Waiting to see Smith. Mauldin has been a pleasant surprise.

Bottom line: Too many choices for now. That's a very good sign.

Bowles/Macc is a great respectable combination and the addition of Chan is icing on the cake.

For players I've got Marshall barely beating out Skrine. I'm not used to having confidence in a #1 receiver or inside corner like I have this year.

As far as who I'm rooting for the hardest I've got Mauldin. Obviously I'd love us to have a dominant edge rusher but with his background I could root for him on any team.

I'm surprised no one has said LG #77 Carpenter.

I initially didn't like the price tag when we signed him, but he has COMPLETLEY dominated at his position and brought calm to a unit n chaos simply by plugging him in. The run game has been encouraging, the QBs pocket has been more than ample, the OLine penalties now non-existent.

Carpenter has probably been one of the more significant and underrated signings this year.  Marshall makes monster catches, Fitz can go through his progressions, Ivory & Bilal have great lanes after 1 cut. How is all this possible compared to last year's unit which returns 4 of its 5 starters? Carpenter. 

I'm surprised no one has said LG #77 Carpenter.

I initially didn't like the price tag when we signed him, but he has COMPLETLEY dominated at his position and brought calm to a unit n chaos simply by plugging him in. The run game has been encouraging, the QBs pocket has been more than ample, the OLine penalties now non-existent.

Carpenter has probably been one of the more significant and underrated signings this year.  Marshall makes monster catches, Fitz can go through his progressions, Ivory & Bilal have great lanes after 1 cut. How is all this possible compared to last year's unit which returns 4 of its 5 starters? Carpenter. 

Good call.  He's a perfect fit for Chan's zone blocking scheme, and finally we have a guy in between Brick and Mangold who doesn't suck.  It's been a while (Faneca in '09) since we could say that.

McCagnan. Hired Bowles, putting together a solid team and front office, sh*tcanned terry Bradway.

Brandon Marshall. Monster.

Second this. I didn't want the Jets to make a trade for Marshal when I first heard he was up for trade but I was happy with it when I realized the price we paid was a 5th. He has been amazing and fun to watch the price we paid for him to this point looks like a steal.

Archived