Who's your favorite "New" member of the Jets?

Villain The Foe

Could be anyone...player, coach etc. 

I got to say that I really like Marcus Gilchrist. The guy is exciting to watch and seems like an awesome teammate. Just watched his spotlight vid on the Jets website and Im already hyped for Sunday. I think Gilchrist is one of the least flashy names in respect to our new additions but he seems like a good character guy who will play an important role cementing a spot that we've had a vacancy at since Kerry Rhodes. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Jets-Spotlight-Marcus-Gilchrist/08392c38-ffc7-4f0f-a26c-2d20ba78d540

Right behind Gilchrist is Todd Bowles and surprisingly a close 3rd is believe it or not, Ryan Fitzpatrick. Hope Fitz keeps it up. I tend to talk sh*t about new acquisitions that I dont like during the offseason (Fitz) but once the season starts im fully on board. And I must admit, Fitz has made it very easy for me to root for him. Im just excited about what im seeing! 

Who is your favorite new member of the Jets? 

NOONE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely go with the guy it all starts with - which is Mac.  In previous years, we'd sign 2nd or 3rd tier people, that'd you'd scratch your head a little bit about - and then they'd turn out to be *worse* than you thought.  See e.g. Dmitri Patterson, Mike Goodson, etc.  And obviously tons of examples from the draft.

This year, we sign people that we're not sure about, and they seem to be turning out *better* than we hoped.  e.g. Skrines, Gilchrist.  And is it worth it to trade a 5th for some highly paid wide receiver with lots of red flags??  (It turns out - yes!)

And the draft, I think the biggest issue the consensus fan had was with the 3rd round.  It's still too early to tell, but so far Mauldin looks a lot better than we thought....

Stone Cold Todd Bowles.  Love the guy.  His demeanor is outstanding.  Calm, cool and collected.  Love it.  Plus, I think he dominates the Royal Rumble of Head Coaches.  Hell, he might be the toughest guy on the team. 

For players?  Mo Wilk is my guy.  He was the player I wanted that entire offseason.  I knew he was going to be special and he hasnt disappointed one bit. 

Edit because I cant follow directions: BMarsh is my favorite NEW Jet

+1 I'm right with you JiF we finally got our HC Super Bowles is the man..:) Oh and Mac as GM also..

I have 5... happy that all are on my team.

1. Todd Bowles - Love this guy.  Could be our "franchise" coach.

2.  Mike Maccagnan - Very competent, very smart, seems to be a contemplative decision maker and not a gut reaction guy.

3.  Brandon Marshall - Beast.  Great attitude.  Great spokesman.  Says all the right things.  Team player.  

4.  Ryan Fitzpatrick - Real pro.  Even tempered.  Doesn't get rattled.  High football IQ and high all around IQ.

5.  Buster Skrine - Kid is fearless.  Hard worker.  Not afraid to throw his body around.  Saw him dive 10 feet to tackle a guy the other night.  Must annoy the sh*t out of the wide outs.

Great question by OP.

I'll say Marshall, mainly because it has a trickle down effect upon the entire offense, an area we needed some desperate improvement in.  He's a matchup nightmare, plays with intensity, and elevates the entire offense to a level we haven't seen for a few years.  

Marshall for me.   He won me over with that interception fumble/steal the ball play.  That's a Baller right there.  Almost the exact opposite of Tone's styling' flip away the ball to the SF defence for a TD because his foot got hurt.

BMarsh is definitely motivated by being in NY and playing for the Jets....not sure why but he is....He just simply wants it more then the opponent right now...

Marshall and Buster these two alone have taken the team to another level.

And coach Bowles is getting better in his coaching a little bit every week Imo, he is a GOOD coach you can tell it even on the TV.  Chan is great compared to what we had before and that covers for me 8  or 9 years!!!

Lovin it just like Maclovin....

It's gotta be Macc. None of the players mentioned are here without him. He showed us what a REAL GM should do with $50 mil in cap space. He remade the secondary in two weeks.

Essentially getting Marshall and Zac Stacey for a 5th is a slam dunk of epic proportions.

Also getting Fitz as a backup to Geno, and Petty as a project is sound management. Who have the Jets had behind the starting QB for the past 6 years? Basically a collection of losers. Macc got us a solid backup, who is now starting, and a legit project who ran a similar offense in college.

Also FINALLY getting rid of Bradway was one of Macc's best moves. The guy is a solid GM. Something we have not had in forever. It all starts from the top fellas.

I love the Bowles/ Macc Combination seems they have the same philosophy and it seems they are both very smart Dudes.

The choices of Gailey and Kacy Rodgers were on the money .... Its obvious to me Bowles lets his coordinators do what they need to do. Surprised I have not seen more mention of Kacy who has done a nice job thus far with our defense that is basically still learning the Bowles/Rodgers Philosophy . They have been very good up to this point and its almost scary how good they are going to be mid season and when and if Richardson gets back.

The biggest impact and my favorite addition this year is Brandon Marshall hands down. I have wanted this guy here for years and I wanted him when he was first picked up by the Phins would have been nice to see if he could have had a good impact on Sanchez but that's a chapter I would rather not revisit. Its a nice luxury for Fitz to be able to throw the ball in his vicinity and not worry . Marshall ALWAYS goes hard for the ball and I have not seen him out muscled yet nor do I think we will see him out muscled by anyone, he is simply a beast. 

My second Favorite addition is Fitzpatrick he gives us stability and smarts at a position that has notoriously been inconsistent and turnover prone. The O-Line gives him the ability to step up into the pocket and scan the field for his second and third options something else we have not seen here in a long time. Could we have gotten this lucky and got the right guy at the right time ? Hope so.

This is a very exciting time and it reminds me of 98 all over again.

One of the posters here asked me a few years ago "what do you want Smash all pro bowlers at the skill positions on offense ?" Yep that's what I wanted and now with Marshall,Decker, and Ivory we have 3 potential pro bowlers . Boy what a difference that makes for a QB eh ? Rather than the Jets fans philosophy that a QB makes everyone in the world better :) 

it is only two games...  but damn an argument could be made for a whole bunch of new additions throughout the entire organization.

Macc, Bowles (and his staff) look to be the right picks so far.  Player wise I have a man crush on Buster Skrine, but how could anyone not love Brandon Marshall?  Gilchrist has been a nice pickup as well.  But...  my favorite new Jet is an old Jet.  Revis is ridiculously amazing. 

We have a great deal to be excited about.  :)

Gonna go with this new Jet called DEPTH!!!!!

Sorry, I kinda like em all.

BMarsh is unreal...thankfully we got him when we did, has mutured and straightened up his act. Helps you can tell that he REALLY wants to be here.

McCagnan. Hired Bowles, putting together a solid team and front office, sh*tcanned terry Bradway.

Brandon Marshall. Monster.

+9999999999999

McCagnan masterminded the entire operation.  Non-players Bowles & Gailey both have A grades at this point

players Revis deserves an A+ grade as we all expected

Marshall though gets my player vote as he also gets an A+ grade which I did not imagine would be the case even in my most optimistic dreams

Archived