Patriots Week..What's the game plan?

Jetster

Offense - Throw to Marshall...just chuck it in his general vicinity (what Fitz-"magic" does - inaccurate passes that a top five WR catches).

Defense- Pressure up the middle, jam Gronk.

I'd wish you luck, but I'd be lying.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this to be the philosophy of fans not teams, they are grown men and put their pants on just like the pats do. I do not believe any team is scared of another team, but they fully understand when they are playing a better. Teams lose to the pats because the pats game plan better and have the horses to execute. simple as that.

Just watching some of these teams so far, there's  lot of dumb coaches and a lot of players just making dumb a** mistakes. Good teams capitalize on them, bad teams just keep making the game interesting.

I do not agree with you. No one is saying NE is not a good team. but the Indy game is yet another example of a team trying to doing something special to beat the Cheatriots instead of just winning the individual matchups.

Offense - Throw to Marshall...just chuck it in his general vicinity (what Fitz-"magic" does - inaccurate passes that a top five WR catches).

Defense- Pressure up the middle, jam Gronk.

I'd wish you luck, but I'd be lying.

Hello Chowdarella!!! I actually really like it when woman lie to me. 

Hello Chowdarella!!! I actually really like it when woman lie to me. 

Cheeseburger!!!

Marshall is your offensive MVP.  Fitz sucks.  Marshall makes him look good. Must be nice. BTW - throw wherever Logan Ryan is.  And, if you see them switching McCourty to corner (and gasp! Man)..throw there.   

I do not agree with you. No one is saying NE is not a good team. but the Indy game is yet another example of a team trying to doing something special to beat the Cheatriots instead of just winning the individual matchups.

They are trick plays to catch the opp. off guard. There's a difference between not being good and trying anything as opposed to being afraid. You can't win individual matchups if you don't have the horse. That's why some teams run what they run, and some teams do not.

Trick plays happened all the time.

Colts vs Saints in the superbowl.;after halftime a onside kick, to keep Manning from having the ball. Was the Saints afraid? No, just strategy. BB already spoke about knowing the Colts were gonna try something like that, but the difference is. The colts f'd it up. The guy that was supposed to be in there ""fake snapping" the ball didn't play on sunday. had someone who never was on special teams running the play.

goes back to what I was saying. Proper game planning.

I do not agree with this and think this philosophy is part of what makes NE so formidable. Teams convince themselves that NE is much better than they are, and gameplan from fear of NE instead of on the strength of their own team. So their game plan is already out of their comfort zone, and NE does not beat themselves so you are already far behind before you even take the field. As an example, if Indy had just played them like a normal opponent they would have quite possibly won, but instead they trot out the inside kick and the dumbest trick play in NFL history and that was the difference.

The Jets match up well against NE everywhere except QB. Don't be afraid to just play them straight. 

So you are saying that the Jets can win without hitting Brady?

Throw to Brandon Marshall until NE can stop it. Put Revis on Edelman and force Brady to beat you with Amendola, Gronkowski and Martin. Unless LaFell is back this week then I am not sure how to stop that offense. Unless you just crowd the line and if Brady beats you deep so be it but don't give up any short passing plays or running plays only deep throws. See if he has the arm strength and accuracy to consistently throw it deep. Edelman, Amendola and Lewis don't really run deep routs.

What do you guys thinks of Cro covering Gronk? His height would be a plus and Cro shouldn't be afraid to get burned deep so he can play closer to the line of scrimmage.  Just a thought.

If Gronk catches the ball, who is going to tackle him?

I think we should just run fake punts all day.  They'll never expect it two weeks in a row.

Throw to Brandon Marshall until NE can stop it. Put Revis on Edelman and force Brady to beat you with Amendola, Gronkowski and Martin. Unless LaFell is back this week then I am not sure how to stop that offense. Unless you just crowd the line and if Brady beats you deep so be it but don't give up any short passing plays or running plays only deep throws. See if he has the arm strength and accuracy to consistently throw it deep. Edelman, Amendola and Lewis don't really run deep routs.

Throw deep?  He won't have time.  Revis on Edelman should be a good match-up, imo.  I think both will have some success.  I think they should come out no-huddle, dink and dunk and try to make the big d-lineman run out of gas early.  I suspect they will try to get Lewis more involved.  Blount has no chance of being effective this week.

Throw deep?  He won't have time.  Revis on Edelman should be a good match-up, imo.  I think both will have some success.  I think they should come out no-huddle, dink and dunk and try to make the big d-lineman run out of gas early.  I suspect they will try to get Lewis more involved.  Blount has no chance of being effective this week.

Why won't he have time? You are not suggesting Blitzing? Or are you?

If Gronk catches the ball, who is going to tackle him?

I think we should just run fake punts all day.  They'll never expect it two weeks in a row.

Revis covers Edeleman and Cro works on Gronk  with "help".  I think the point is trying to not allow the ball to get to Gronk before worrying about tackling him.

Revis covers Edeleman and Cro works on Gronk  with "help".  I think the point is trying to not allow the ball to get to Gronk before worrying about tackling him.

He didn't do much against the Colts until that TD in the 2nd half. Granted Amendola had a good game but Gronk was not superman.

Why won't he have time? You are not suggesting Blitzing? Or are you?

your D-line should have its way with a depleted Pats o-line. Brady has a quick release...but jam the receivers off the line, and a quick release/formidable pass rush should throw slow the Pats down a lot.

Edelmen is a classic undersized, slippery slot with outstanding change of direction skill. Unfortunately, Buster Skrine is absolutely perfect for this matchup, but he may not play. I'd still go with McDougle on him over Revis. Revis is at his best against guys with strong height/strength and size/speed ratios. 

Regarding Cro- he may be the worst option we have at our disposal for guarding Gronk. Have Couples or someone else try to jam him hard at the line every single play, and although Pryor's coverage skills leave much to be desired, having him try to shadow Gronk in intermediate and deep zones might be our best plan of action. 

Offensively, just do what we've been doing. A good mix of run and pass - feed Ivory and target Marshall and Decker all day. 

Call me optimistic, but I like the Jets chances in this one. Everyone wants to play the strength of schedule card when it comes to our 4-1 record, but check out NE's schedule:

Steelers without Leveon and Martavius
Bills - Nothing to say here. Good win for the Pats. The final score was not indicative of how dominant they were in this game. 
Jags - 'nuff said
Cowboys without Dez and Romo
Colts - ....common opponent, common outcome. 

I am having premonitions of Tommy getting knocked out of the game with a severe injury.  I hope this is not the case but I can't get these visions out of my head.

I dont root for injuries but in the case of Tom Brady, I do.  But with the Jets luck, Grapollo would lead them to the Super Bowl and Brady would get the Bledsoe treatment. 

no, no he wasnt. He was good at playing chicken ball and capitalizing on bad teams beating themselves.  

the football equivilant of always standing on 12 or more in BJ, sometimes it works but it doesn't make you a good player 

no, that's just not true.

and I listed more than one QB 

OK lets get real the last 4 regular season games we played the pats were 1 win 30-27 and a 13-10 loss that was Geno's rookie year 2013.. And last years pathetic team had a 27-25 loss and a 17-16 loss.. I think most would agree this team is much more talented then the 2013-2014 Jets.. So if Bowles is the man we all think he is,I say he goes in to Foxboro and comes back with a win.. And if Tom or anyone disagree's give me a valid opinion not just Rex sucks..:)

no, that's just not true.

and I listed more than one QB 

it is true and most of the other ones were equally irrelevant, having a random good one or two seasons isn't a sign of the system it's random chance for avg players.

The fact remains that the post season is littered with top performing QB's and the same names are always in contention at the end of the year for a reason. The league has been twisted to favor QB's

it is true and most of the other ones were equally irrelevant, having a random good one or two seasons isn't a sign of the system it's random chance for avg players.

The fact remains that the post season is littered with top performing QB's and the same names are always in contention at the end of the year for a reason. The league has been twisted to favor QB's

No, wasn't saying that because others have done it a guarantee that every irrelevant QB will have his day in the sun.  Never said or implied that, it would be stupid.

But what my point was, it does prove is that can happen, isn't crazy and has happened in the past.  And to say it cant is equally stupid.

Archived