Giants to hire Ben McAdoo to be Head Coach

Morrissey

So to recap what Giants have done since showing Coughlin the door.

-GM Jerry Reese was kept on

-OC Ben McAdoo was promoted to HC

-DC Steve Spagnuolo is also kept on

No major changes.

Does anyone in their right mind think McAdoo is a better HC than Tom Coughlin??????

Good Grief!!!

Does anyone in their right mind think McAdoo is a better HC than Tom Coughlin??????

Good Grief!!!

He resigned, so it doesn't matter .   IMHO, a Gentleman did the right think so his respected ownership wouldn't have to cater to fan and media crap .

So to recap what Giants have done since showing Coughlin the door.

-GM Jerry Reese was kept on

-OC Ben McAdoo was promoted to HC

-DC Steve Spagnuolo is also kept on

No major changes.

It makes no sense. The team has been a failure the last couple of years, and the Giants are trying to tell everyone it's ALL Coughlin's fault, the guy that took them to 2 Super Bowl victories. Hilarious

McAdoo was a McCarthy protégé.  The Giants offense has been improving has been top 10 both years under McAdoo after falling in the sh*tter under Gilbride.  I have no idea how this will work out, but it isn't like the guy is a failure as a coordinator.  He has been linked to some good people and steadily moved up the ranks.

He resigned, so it doesn't matter .   IMHO, a Gentleman did the right think so his respected ownership wouldn't have to cater to fan and media crap .

he was forced out, he was fired.  he did not resign on his own.  if anyone believes this then all you have to do is look at NYG allowing other teams to interview him.  if he really resigned there's no way they allow other teams(especially Philly) to interview him. He was fired, it was just a PR move to help the "class" organization maintain that farcical label.

They are also lucky they have a franchise QB right now, if they did not, that would be a complete sh!t show over there

Eli is a quality QB, he's not an upper echelon QB.  for all the great #s he put up this year he did not have a good year and he cost them numerous games.

Eli is a quality QB, he's not an upper echelon QB.  for all the great #s he put up this year he did not have a good year and he cost them numerous games.

I agree, never called him an upper echelon QB, but they don't have to worry about the QB position for the next 5 years, if they did, it would really be a sh!t show over there, that is all I said. I think he is one of the most fortunate QB's of all time, he had 2 of the most fluke SB wins of all time, and has played in a crap division his whole career, and prior to Beckham arriving, he was beginning to look very mediocre. All that said, they don't have to worry about the QB position right now.

McAdoo was a McCarthy protégé.  The Giants offense has been improving has been top 10 both years under McAdoo after falling in the sh*tter under Gilbride.  I have no idea how this will work out, but it isn't like the guy is a failure as a coordinator.  He has been linked to some good people and steadily moved up the ranks.

Pretty sure Brian Schottenheimer could figure out the ole "Hey Eli, throw it up to that kid Odell that catches everything" play also. 

I agree, never called him an upper echelon QB, but they don't have to worry about the QB position for the next 5 years, if they did, it would really be a sh!t show over there, that is all I said. I think he is one of the most fortunate QB's of all time, he had 2 of the most fluke SB wins of all time, and has played in a crap division his whole career, and prior to Beckham arriving, he was beginning to look very mediocre. All that said, they don't have to worry about the QB position right now.

I apologize, it didn't mean to make it sound like you were calling him anything more than you actually were.  I'm with you.

he was forced out, he was fired.  he did not resign on his own.  if anyone believes this then all you have to do is look at NYG allowing other teams to interview him.  if he really resigned there's no way they allow other teams(especially Philly) to interview him. He was fired, it was just a PR move to help the "class" organization maintain that farcical label.

Two points. 1) if Coughlin was fired, teams would not need Giants permission to talk to him. 2) Giants are repeating Jets mistake of a few years ago...if they get rid of Reece next year, they will be forcing a new GM to keep a coach he may not want.

Two points. 1) if Coughlin was fired, teams would not need Giants permission to talk to him. 2) Giants are repeating Jets mistake of a few years ago...if they get rid of Reece next year, they will be forcing a new GM to keep a coach he may not want.

he was forced to resign, they essentially fired him.  they will pay him the last year and not stand in the way of him pursuing other jobs. 

I hope Coughlin goes to the Iggles and embarrasses the NYG.  The Giants fired and scapegoated a legendary coach who had zero talent to work with.  Then they have the audacity to couch it as a mutual resignation and the bootlickers in the media eat it up with no critical eye because we are dealing with the "classy" Giants.  Delenda est Giants.

I hope Coughlin goes to the Iggles and embarrasses the NYG.  The Giants fired and scapegoated a legendary coach who had zero talent to work with.  Then they have the audacity to couch it as a mutual resignation and the bootlickers in the media eat it up with no critical eye because we are dealing with the "classy" Giants.  Delenda est Giants.

problem is the Eagles suck.  No qb and Kelly gutted the roster

Archived