Bryce Petty to IR

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMG_7394.jpg

The nightmare season continues for the NY Jets, with only one game left Bryce Petty has been placed on I.R. He left the game against the Cheaters without completing a pass (o for 3, with 1 interception). He injured his non throwing shoulder after Khiry Rhobinson fumbled on his first carry.

No official word yet, but this certainly means that Christian Hackenberg will be active for the first time this year on Sunday vs the Bills.

Visit our forums to read more about Bryce Petty to the I.R.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
CRF-eICA5O8

Click here to read the full story...

Bryce Petty is not an NFL QB . That kid couldn't throw the football on last Sunday because it was wet . He makes Geno Smith look like a pro Bowl QB .  His Mini audition proves that the coaching staff have a clue and the vast majority of fans don't .

Come on now, you can't trot some guy out at the end of the season behind a horrible OL with no TEs, and a rag tag receiving corps and act like he's a bust because he didn't set the world on fire.  Let him come back, compete with Hackenberg and whoever else they bring in - a vet or a 1st round pick - and see what happens.  If we have a new offensive coordinator running a QB friendly system, all the better 

13 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Sorry to see it happen to the kid. I think he will probably be fine by OTAs to compete with Hack for the job in 2017.

Get healed Bryce

I am taking Hack out of this equation for now. But as far as Petty goes, based on this season and the recent audition, Petty did not earn the right to compete for the starting job next year.

Good kid. Nice story. But he didn't play well and he got hurt just about every game. So let him compete for a long term backup spot. Have to set the bar higher when it comes to the starting QB here.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We should have signed Marcel Reece when we had the chance and used a fullback to help with blocking. And Reece is a guy with some offensive ability he's not just a blocking back. But he signed with the Seahawks in early Dec. 

That is definitely something they will have to correct this offseason assuming Gailey is back. We want to go with no tight ends that can block and no full backs. Yet the QB gets hurt every game.

Seems to be a pattern.

I am taking Hack out of this equation for now. But as far as Petty goes, based on this season and the recent audition, Petty did not earn the right to compete for the starting job next year.
Good kid. Nice story. But he didn't play well and he got hurt just about every game. So let him compete for a long term backup spot. Have to set the bar higher when it comes to the starting QB here.

You are probably right but I would prefer to wait until next summer to decide

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

True, but compared to what we have on the roster right now, he's all world .

What I have seen with Geno in two full seasons is a lot different than I see in Petty in 4 games. Remember Geno was playing with a way better team and his throws were terrible. What he did have was his running ability but his prone for turnovers was just too much. I liked what I seen in Petty in the Pre Season Games and I watched him in College with Baylor. He throws a way better ball than Geno. 

Archived