• Don't Know / Undecided
  6. 6. Marc Trestman - Former Bears Head Coach

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Don't Know / Undecided

What I'm looking for in the next OC is someone who thinks out of the box and proposes an offense
that melds "college gimmick" concepts into a pro system.  By doing that you can make the learning
curve shorter for all the QB's coming out of college.  You just don't get many "pro style" QB's
coming out anymore so maybe it's time the pros adjust to that trend  

14 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

Based on the popular response he received on another thread, I'm sure it's just an oversight that Brian Schottenheimer wasn't included as one of the options.

The colts tank this year with a top 5 qb and he gets to keep his job.  Man of 1,000 lives

1 hour ago, KRL said:

What I'm looking for in the next OC is someone who thinks out of the box and proposes an offense
that melds "college gimmick" concepts into a pro system.  By doing that you can make the learning
curve shorter for all the QB's coming out of college.  You just don't get many "pro style" QB's

I agree and over the last 5-6 years I think some teams have done just this. Carolina with Cam, Washington with Griffin, Seattle with Wilson ( In know Wisconsin is not so gimmicky but they hardly throw), Buffalo with Taylor. The Jets need a YOUNG oc with NEW ideas that fit today's qb's.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

How do you think they can do that? Seems like a cool concept. Like a blend of some one read quick passing, with a traditional pro offense mixed in?

Just now, Maxman said:

How do you think they can do that? Seems like a cool concept. Like a blend of some one read quick passing, with a traditional pro offense mixed in?

You basically need to find a guy who is not opposed to changing his offensive system, there are a bunch of guys who do this Bevell in Seattle, Garret is doing this in Dallas, Carolina did this for years with Newton, Titans currently doing it with Mariotta.  Certain coordinators won't adjust their system round peg square hole you need to stay away from these guys.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

None of those options are awful considering everyone knows that Todd Bowles the captain of the Titanic. We aren't landing a stud OC with Petty/Hack/Rookie at QB. 

Yeah the Jets OC job isn't exactly a plum job.  Bowles and the rest of the staff are probably going to get fired after next season so where does that leave the OC?

Is Rich Kotite available?

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Yeah the Jets OC job isn't exactly a plum job.  Bowles and the rest of the staff are probably going to get fired after next season so where does that leave the OC?

Is Rich Kotite available?

Becomes the interim HC and then either remains as HC or gets hired elsewhere. I.E. Doug Marrone

Let the QBs call the plays.  Hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Just being facetious, but........trying to remember. Did teams even have offensive coordinators back in the days of the Packers and the Colts 9 (the 60s).  Did the Jets have one in 69?

What about Mike Shanahan?  Is out of football just as long as Gailey was when he was brought in.  I don't know if we wants to coach anymore but the guy probably has zero offers, has experience, could mentor Bowles and is probably not looking for something long term anyway.  If Bowles is let go after next year, move him into the front office and hire Kyle Shanahan if he doesn't get the 49ers job.

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

What about Mike Shanahan?  Is out of football just as long as Gailey was when he was brought in.  I don't know if we wants to coach anymore but the guy probably has zero offers, has experience, could mentor Bowles and is probably not looking for something long term anyway.  If Bowles is let go after next year, move him into the front office and hire Kyle Shanahan if he doesn't get the 49ers job.

Fire Bowles, hire Mike Shanahan and his kid

Archived