Patrick Mahomes

Jack Straw

Way too early to say that Mahomes (or Watson, or Trubisky) will make it in the league, but it's enormously damning of Maccagnan that literally every QB drafted over the last two years--every single one, including the late-round guys who'll be doing color commentary for Big Sky games in two years--has looked better than Hackenberg.

21 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Gotta love how as soon as this was posted the first 3 responders were Joe, Evan and Johnny Walker 12. Like ******* clockwork. 

Considering our QB situation for the last 48 years either you get it or you don't.....you obviously don't.

Anytime your team has a chance at a decent QB and we pass either picking the wrong guy or hoping for the guy in next years draft, rinse wash repeat. 

Let me guess just as you bandwagoned on Fitzpatrick you will do the same with McCown, let me clue you in on something dude they both suck. 

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

... Marking this post for retrieval when Maholmes ends up being average or below average this year. He is way too raw.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He may not even play this year but he is still better than Hackenberg and possibly could have started here considering I don't think Blowes likes Petty. 

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Now we're arguing over a POS like Mahomes?  Fuk, the QB talent associated with our franchise is beyond abysmal.  Mahomes sucks.  As does Petty, Hack and McClown (sic).

Im not arguing with anyone no reason to we can't control the sh*t that goes on with the NY Jets we can only offer our respective opinions. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He may not even play this year but he is still better than Hackenberg and possibly could have started here considering I don't think Blowes likes Petty. 

Petty was head and shoulders better than Hackenberg and should be the number two QB while Hack should be practice squad fodder. He sucks. I do think you are on to something about Todd Blowes however. I don't think he likes Petty for some reason because he never praises him and gives only praise to a guy undeserving of it.

43 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Sigh...what is this accomplishing as a Jets fan?!?!  

About the same as sticking your head in the sand regarding the mess of garbage we root for. ESPECIALLY with a certain QB who shouldn't be in the league in any on-field capacity whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Petty was head and shoulders better than Hackenberg and should be the number two QB while Hack should be practice squad fodder. He sucks. I do think you are on to something about Todd Blowes however. I don't think he likes Petty for some reason because he never praises him and gives only praise to a guy undeserving of it.

Petty should be the starter hands down. If for some unknown reason he keeps Petty on the bench while McCown is McCown I hope Macc fires Blowes mid-season. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Considering our QB situation for the last 48 years either you get it or you don't.....you obviously don't.

Anytime your team has a chance at a decent QB and we pass either picking the wrong guy or hoping for the guy in next years draft, rinse wash repeat. 

Let me guess just as you bandwagoned on Fitzpatrick you will do the same with McCown, let me clue you in on something dude they both suck. 

It's as easy as this: There is a contingent of Jet fans who deserve every last inch & centimeter of the butt-rape the team gives it's fans at least 7 times per decade (being nice). To them, the roster is the bestest, the front office is the smartest, our QBs (even with overwhelming evidence proving otherwise) are either great, good, or have promise, and the defense is the baddest (even when only 1 level of it contains players who would start on other teams). And that championship drought? "No big deal, just look at what the NY Ranger, Red Sox, & Cubs fans went through, we can deal with it," is their mindset and much like the Sawx & Cubs fanbases, they begin to revel in their drought, it becomes a twisted "badge of honor due to all my suffering" kind of thing. In my opinion, it's a pretty depraved way to root for a team.

And it's easy to sit back and laugh at their asinine assessments as they gleefully agree with the asinine decisions of this organization, while they paint themselves as some type of superfan because they're willing to excuse the pain, suffering , and gross malfeasance that is produced from at one point Hofstra and now Florham Park. And that's fine if you want to be a sheep fan, the problem is the NY Jets know there's enough of them around to just keep middling and collecting, middling and collecting.

The fans who actually want a sustainable winning program we can be proud of? The ones who can call the Jets on their BS and not flinch an eye? We're the enemy. To both the organization (the next time I see a big shot who doesn't mind being held accountable by the little guys they serve will easily be my first), and to the Green Kool-Aid gang, because we all obviously delivered an angry bukkake session into their punch-bowl of delusional happiness.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Petty should be the starter hands down. If for some unknown reason he keeps Petty on the bench while McCown is McCown I hope Macc fires Blowes mid-season. 

Just like the QBs we should give our coaches under contract some real season experience and see what we have before we blow it up.

I'd let Morton or Rodgers see what they have to show me along with the rest of our youngsters. 

Worst thing that could happen is the 1st pick. 

My strategy was a simple one acquire Glennon, draft Mahomes, improve Petty and Hack and let the chips fall where they may. 

This way you have multiple ways to see if you will hit on a QB.  I truly believe that you have to take the multiple hit approach because there is a high likelihood that you will be dead wrong on these picks because so many college QBs are no longer running pro style sets, so you can't be sure that they will easily make the transition to NFL football.  

I understood bringing Fitz in here as a backup, I was for that but the idea that bringing old QBs here who no other team in the main really want, like McCown, personally mystifies me but I am still hoping that Mac knows something that I don't. 

Lets Go Jets!!

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not arguing with anyone no reason to we can't control the sh*t that goes on with the NY Jets we can only offer our respective opinions. 

Didn't mean you specifically, JW.  Just commenting on how a little QB skill is magnified on this site.  Guess it's because we have seen such garbage at the QB position for decades that even a glimmer of talent looks huge by comparison.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Didn't mean you specifically, JW.  Just commenting on how a little QB skill is magnified on this site.  Guess it's because we have seen such garbage at the QB position for decades that even a glimmer of talent looks huge by comparison.

Agree and I understand what you are saying.

4 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Yep!  The biggest SOJFs on the board...  The whining is endless...

48 years and counting we have earned the right to bitch we are the most resilient fans in the NFL we are diehards and loyal to our team, sadly fans like you would rather come here and ridicule other fans instead of offering anything worthwhile to any discussion.......

Patrick Mahomes is not on the Jets game over discussion over. 

It's as easy as this: There is a contingent of Jet fans who deserve every last inch & centimeter of the butt-rape the team gives it's fans at least 7 times per decade (being nice). To them, the roster is the bestest, the front office is the smartest, our QBs (even with overwhelming evidence proving otherwise) are either great, good, or have promise, and the defense is the baddest (even when only 1 level of it contains players who would start on other teams). And that championship drought? "No big deal, just look at what the NY Ranger, Red Sox, & Cubs fans went through, we can deal with it," is their mindset and much like the Sawx & Cubs fanbases, they begin to revel in their drought, it becomes a twisted "badge of honor due to all my suffering" kind of thing. In my opinion, it's a pretty depraved way to root for a team. And it's easy to sit back and laugh at their asinine assessments as they gleefully agree with the asinine decisions of this organization, while they paint themselves as some type of superfan because they're willing to excuse the pain, suffering , and gross malfeasance that is produced from at one point Hofstra and now Florham Park. And that's fine if you want to be a sheep fan, the problem is the NY Jets know there's enough of them around to just keep middling and collecting, middling and collecting. The fans who actually want a sustainable winning program we can be proud of? The ones who can call the Jets on their BS and not flinch an eye? We're the enemy. To both the organization (the next time I see a big shot who doesn't mind being held accountable by the little guys they serve will easily be my first), and to the Green Kool-Aid gang, because we all obviously delivered an angry bukkake session into their punch-bowl of delusional happiness.

... and there are the fans incapable of seeing the positive in any decision made by the organization ... mainly because it did not bring an immediate satisfaction to their craving for a super bowl. They are incapable or realizing that sometimes you must purge the team of mediocrity in order to rise to an elite level. People that think talented malcontents like Richardson are worth keeping around because in the talent vacuum that is the current Jets team he seems like a diety.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

My strategy was a simple one acquire Glennon, draft Mahomes, improve Petty and Hack and let the chips fall where they may. 

This way you have multiple ways to see if you will hit on a QB.  I truly believe that you have to take the multiple hit approach because there is a high likelihood that you will be dead wrong on these picks because so many college QBs are no longer running pro style sets, so you can't be sure that they will easily make the transition to NFL football.  

I understood bringing Fitz in here as a backup, I was for that but the idea that bringing old QBs here who no other team in the main really want, like McCown, personally mystifies me but I am still hoping that Mac knows something that I don't. 

Lets Go Jets!!

When you take kids/grandkids to the doctor, do you hang over their shoulder and make suggestions ?  Me, I let the professionals do their job, that way they get the credit or the blame and I do what I'm supposed to do, pay the bill . I'm a fan, I cheer for the team I love and make comments with other fans about what I would do .  I  won't assume to tell someone with way more information than me how stupid they are because they didn't do what I would have done .

Some people preach and some sit in the audience, but for some odd ball reason, those that sit in the audience always feel that they can preach better .

Problem is, nobody called them . 

44 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

It's as easy as this: There is a contingent of Jet fans who deserve every last inch & centimeter of the butt-rape the team gives it's fans at least 7 times per decade (being nice). To them, the roster is the bestest, the front office is the smartest, our QBs (even with overwhelming evidence proving otherwise) are either great, good, or have promise, and the defense is the baddest (even when only 1 level of it contains players who would start on other teams). And that championship drought? "No big deal, just look at what the NY Ranger, Red Sox, & Cubs fans went through, we can deal with it," is their mindset and much like the Sawx & Cubs fanbases, they begin to revel in their drought, it becomes a twisted "badge of honor due to all my suffering" kind of thing. In my opinion, it's a pretty depraved way to root for a team.

And it's easy to sit back and laugh at their asinine assessments as they gleefully agree with the asinine decisions of this organization, while they paint themselves as some type of superfan because they're willing to excuse the pain, suffering , and gross malfeasance that is produced from at one point Hofstra and now Florham Park. And that's fine if you want to be a sheep fan, the problem is the NY Jets know there's enough of them around to just keep middling and collecting, middling and collecting.

The fans who actually want a sustainable winning program we can be proud of? The ones who can call the Jets on their BS and not flinch an eye? We're the enemy. To both the organization (the next time I see a big shot who doesn't mind being held accountable by the little guys they serve will easily be my first), and to the Green Kool-Aid gang, because we all obviously delivered an angry bukkake session into their punch-bowl of delusional happiness.

wow maybe the SOJFest post ever

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

It helps that Mahomes was getting good protection, more than our qb's get.

On the contrary, Mahomes would have been right at home behind our terrible o-line.  He made a college career out making chicken salad out of chicken sh*t protection.  It's part of the reason he was drafted 10th overall.  He is the antithesis of Hackenberg who panics and crumbles under pressure if by chance he's even able to sense or see it.  

Archived