Maxman

Hurricane Irma - Part Two

55 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Apparently best all-inclusive for families...

It is, definitely.  We've tried them all just about.  Beaches Negril, Beaches Sandy Bay, Atlantis, Captiva South Seas, Arizona Grand.....if you want the best experience for the little ones as well as some alone time with the wife, Beaches Turks & Caicos is the top of that food chain.

SAR I

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
8 hours ago, SAR I said:

It is, definitely.  We've tried them all just about.  Beaches Negril, Beaches Sandy Bay, Atlantis, Captiva South Seas, Arizona Grand.....if you want the best experience for the little ones as well as some alone time with the wife, Beaches Turks & Caicos is the top of that food chain.

SAR I

This is not the appropriate time or thread for your phony act. What is your problem?

On September 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Kleckineau said:

Lol. ....... yeah Turks, the vacation spot for those who cannot afford Bora Bora. ☺

Small potatoes SAD 1 couldn't afford his May season tix invoice. Remember that thread? Very telling.

I left Florida on Wednesday. I wasn't taking any chances. My friend booked a flight out for Saturday which I thought was taking too much of a risk. Sure enough JetBlue cancelled his flight on Wednesday and now he's stuck. He's only half a mile from the beach in Fort Lauderdale

On September 5, 2017 at 2:15 PM, batman10023 said:

i assume he's staying at Parrot Cay.  the two bedroom beach Villas are around $5k a night.   unless he's not really staying at a proper high end place.

Assume it's more SAD shtick. Assume he's never been outside the US. Where are the pics? He posts pics for everything else he does.

Remember his travel budget thread where he budgeted rooms for his family "in the tropics" for approx $300/week? And ignored all further questioning?

Busted as usual.

Edited by jetrider

23 hours ago, peebag said:

My brother used to live near the gulf coast near Galveston - was down there visiting a few months after hurricane Ike came through - no way in he11 would I go through one of those storms.

Here's a rule to live by - don't stand in the way of natural disasters

But we can still root for the team though..:)

58 minutes ago, jetrider said:

This is not the appropriate time or thread for your phony act. What is your problem?

This is not the appropriate time or thread for your personal attacks either. What is your problem? 

SAR I

My brother lives on the beach in Daytona. Almost everyone in his building has left. And he's going, too.  2nd time in either two or three years they've evacuated due to a hurricane. We like it there and considered eventually moving there too. But not now. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

My brother lives on the beach in Daytona. Almost everyone in his building has left. And he's going, too.  2nd time in either two or three years they've evacuated due to a hurricane. We like it there and considered eventually moving there too. But not now. 

That sucks. My band is scheduled to play the daytona beach bandshell next saturday. Probably will get cancelled 

I have an employee trying to call out saying her family might evacuate. The only thing is I'm in Orange Beach, AL by Pensacola. Man oh man do I hate opportunists. 

14 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I have an employee trying to call out saying her family might evacuate. The only thing is I'm in Orange Beach, AL by Pensacola. Man oh man do I hate opportunists. 

The latest models have this monster trending to the west.  Don't be stunned to be seeing this bitch on Tuesday

Just now, flgreen said:

The latest models have this monster trending to the west.  Don't be stunned to be seeing this bitch on Tuesday

If by 'west; you mean Tampa, Ft Myers, OK. Not one comes close to be even whispering the word 'evacuation' in P-Cola or Alabama. And this means she can't come in today? Seriously? I wonder what happens if I say, "OK, I guess I can take you off the schedule until the storm passes then. Since you're evacuating and all.' Come on, man. 

Irma Spaghetti Model

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

If by 'west; you mean Tampa, Ft Myers, OK. Not one comes close to be even whispering the word 'evacuation' in P-Cola or Alabama. And this means she can't come in today? Seriously? I wonder what happens if I say, "OK, I guess I can take you off the schedule until the storm passes then. Since you're evacuating and all.' Come on, man. 

Irma Spaghetti Model

LOL, sorry didn't mean to get you all riled.  I live on the east coast, and on Wed., when we were right in the cross hair of all the models for a Sunday land fall, I closed so my employees could prepare for it. Clients didn't like it much, but I'm to old to worry about that crap.

Been in Florida 30 years, seen dozens of hurricanes, most of them have just been a royal pain in the rear.  This one is a different breed of cat.  REAL killer storm.  For all I know the models could have it back on the east coast tomorrow.  Could also have it out in the Gulf.  

With that said, calling in tomorrow on the Bama coast is a bit of a reach.   

26 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL, sorry didn't mean to get you all riled.  I live on the east coast, and on Wed., when we were right in the cross hair of all the models for a Sunday land fall, I closed so my employees could prepare for it. Clients didn't like it much, but I'm to old to worry about that crap.

Been in Florida 30 years, seen dozens of hurricanes, most of them have just been a royal pain in the rear.  This one is a different breed of cat.  REAL killer storm.  For all I know the models could have it back on the east coast tomorrow.  Could also have it out in the Gulf.  

With that said, calling in tomorrow on the Bama coast is a bit of a reach.   

Oh, no, she's trying to call in this afternoon.

I was in Ft Myers for Charlie and then Sandy. Hurricanes suck. Stay safe dude.

33 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Oh, no, she's trying to call in this afternoon.

I was in Ft Myers for Charlie and then Sandy. Hurricanes suck. Stay safe dude.

LOL

I was in Stuart in 04 when it was struck with the eye of both hurricane Frances,  and Jeanne in 3 weeks.  What a mess.  Lots of damage, almost everyone lost their roof.  Three weeks later everything was back to normal.  

Every national media had live crews after the storms in a trailer park that was right on the water of the Ft Pierce Inlet.  It was demolished.  The  media acted like the whole area was Hiroshima.  My sister called from Vegas after seeing it on TV in a panic.  LOL

This storm is different.  This is more like Katrina

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Suck it up buttercup

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Suck it up buttercup

I suck it up by sh*tcanning slackers and lazy people. The work ethic here on the beach is pathetic. These people wouldn't make it a week up north. 

4 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I suck it up by sh*tcanning slackers and lazy people. The work ethic here on the beach is pathetic. These people wouldn't make it a week up north. 

Sounds like an awesome place to make minimum wage, I'm almost shocked this person choose family over you, lol

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

I am in Sarasota.  Was strongly considering leaving early yesterday (Thursday morn)... until the tracker had virtually every path several miles off the Atlantic Coast.  Decided to stay home.

Here we are just 36 hours later, and could be staring at a near direct hit.

If the experts can miss by that much, you sure as hell don't know where this storm is headed. 

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am in Sarasota.  Was strongly considering leaving early yesterday (Thursday morn)... until the tracker had virtually every path several miles off the Atlantic Coast.  Decided to stay home.

Here we are just 36 hours later, and could be staring at a near direct hit.

If the experts can miss by that much, you sure as hell don't know where this storm is headed. 

Yea thats the roll of the dice. Its not an exact science. Looks like tampa might ve in for a rough ride. Not worried about my life but am worried for my uninsured camper to get demolished and my new yamaha 25 outboard winding up a few miles away in a tree

39 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Got to disagree.  I have a few employees that have been with me for over 20 years.  Made me lots of money.  When they came in on Wed. asking to go home to prepare , I really didn't want to do it, I knew what the back lash from my clients would be.  Then I thought I wouldn't have any clients if it wasn't for their loyalty.

said screw it.  I'll deal with the clients on Monday.