@ Oakland, @ Baltimore, @ New England

19andOhWait

I would be beyond thrilled if we can get a W in 2 of the next 3... no Mangold most likely, it will be very very very tough to do.

good win this week over a not so competent Jags offense may have us at 2-0 but it has me a little scurred going into these next 3.

time to go to work for real men

It's a rough stretch to be without Mangold, Oakland's front, Ngata and Co, Wilfork...Mangold's been one of the few guys in the league who's historically played Wilfork very well. Most interior linemen can't. Lots more movement to the edge on offense for the next few weeks me thinks.

Maybe they'll throw a sweep into the playbook just for kicks? Nah...

It's good that they've installed a real screen pass, tho. That's the kind of thing you want to run multiple times to slow down a rush.

I would be beyond thrilled if we can get a W in 2 of the next 3... no Mangold most likely, it will be very very very tough to do.

good win this week over a not so competent Jags offense may have us at 2-0 but it has me a little scurred going into these next 3.

time to go to work for real men

We're going 14-2 this year. We'll lose to buffalo twice.

I'd be a lot more confident with all 3 games if we had Nick Mangold. Reports have it, he could be out 4 weeks (if not longer). In my eyes, I rank Sanchez, Mangold and Ferguson as our 3 most important players on the offensive side of the ball. Ferguson and Mangold can not be replaced, especially by a rookie center in regards to Mangold's injury.

With all that said, we still have the talent, coaching staff and overall ability to win these games with or without Mangold, but lets start with the Raiders first. We may dominate these Raiders, but then again, this game isn't a guaranteed win either. Not when we're playing a much improved Oakland Raiders team on the road, on the west coast.

We've struggled to rush the football with success over the past two weeks, and this was with Mangold at center. Now? We have a rookie center, a young Slauson who's no longer protected by an All-Pro center and a RT in Hunter who's been down right ugly. At least we have Ferguson right? And even Moore is coming off an injury. To make a long story short, I fully expect us to beat the Raiders this Sunday, but if our offense struggles, you won't see me blaming Shotty Jr, Sanchez or anyone else, for the simple fact... Our offensive line has major concerns, and it's hard to have major success without a solid offensive line.

On a side note, at least Hernandez is hurt for the Patriots. Reports have it two weeks, which means he'll come back from injury against the Jets. Hopefully he's not 100% or misses the game out right. I'd be one of the first Jet fans looking forward to the Ravens and Patriots games, but as of right now, with our O-Line concerns? It's time to take it one game at a time. This Raiders game can't come soon enough.

I'd be a lot more confident with all 3 games if we had Nick Mangold. Reports have it, he could be out 4 weeks (if not longer). In my eyes, I rank Sanchez, Mangold and Ferguson as our 3 most important players on the offensive side of the ball. Ferguson and Mangold can not be replaced, especially by a rookie center in regards to Mangold's injury.

With all that said, we still have the talent, coaching staff and overall ability to win these games with or without Mangold, but lets start with the Raiders first. We may dominate these Raiders, but then again, this game isn't a guaranteed win either. Not when we're playing a much improved Oakland Raiders team on the road, on the west coast.

We've struggled to rush the football with success over the past two weeks, and this was with Mangold at center. Now? We have a rookie center, a young Slauson who's no longer protected by an All-Pro center and a RT in Hunter who's been down right ugly. At least we have Ferguson right? And even Moore is coming off an injury. To make a long story short, I fully expect us to beat the Raiders this Sunday, but if our offense struggles, you won't see me blaming Shotty Jr, Sanchez or anyone else, for the simple fact... Our offensive line has major concerns, and it's hard to have major success without a solid offensive line.

On a side note, at least Hernandez is hurt for the Patriots. Reports have it two weeks, which means he'll come back from injury against the Jets. Hopefully he's not 100% or misses the game out right. I'd be one of the first Jet fans looking forward to the Ravens and Patriots games, but as of right now, with our O-Line concerns? It's time to take it one game at a time. This Raiders game can't come soon enough.

;)

Archived