Message to the deserters

lancemehl

To all the jet fans who have quit on the team, the type of fans that kick the monopoly board over cause they landed on a hotel, the guys that have stated that this coaching staff and qb suck and they demand replacements (as ridiculous as that sounds), yet oddly still root for the fat accountant in the front office, go figure: Just saying. You have made your statement. You quit. You hate this team. So, when you are tickled by the fickle finger of fate this Sunday and the stars line up and this crappy team happens to back in the playoffs. Do them a favor and do the few homers who chose to go down with the ship a favor- skip the playoffs! lol Really thanks but no thanks Your message is heard loud and clear. I'm sure woody will take it into consideration. Until next year. Time to go boo Carmelo for a while and lobby for d'ntoni's job (someone who deserves it). If we squeak in, I'm sure its one and done anyway.

p.s. Picture this: Cleveland Browns hire a new coach and draft a QB next year. The end up ripping through the AFC to a game within the SB. All of a sudden the Browns are everywhere. They are in the SB talk. Year three, week 16, they are 8-7 still alive.....yet the Brown's fans are disgusted, because they are THE BROWNS and 8-7 is unacceptable . They proceed to lobby for this new coaches job and QB to be shipped out (despite stellar post season ply) Remember, the Browns! lmao How do those fans look??

On the brightside for those who still care- Hey, the Jets finally get homefield advantage this week!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF ARE SAYING? YOU MUST BE UNDER 30 YEARS OLD.... BECASE ROOTING FOR A TEAM FOR 30 SOMETHING YEARS AND NEVER GOING TO THE BIG GAME... I HAVE EVERY FRIGGIN RIGHT TO RIP THE TEAM... WE HAVE A TOTALLY OVERRATED QB.... WE HAVE A FAT MOUTH COACH THAT CURSES PLAYERS AND FANS... AND JUST SEEMS LIKE HE CANT JUST PLAY THE GAME.... HE HAS TO CALL PLAYERS OUT AND COACHES.... THAT ACT IS OLD.... AND NOW MAKES LIKE SANCHEZ IS PLAYING GOOD? WHY NOT TELL THE TRUTH... SANCHEZ IS PLAYING TERRIBLE...

p.s. Picture this: Cleveland Browns hire a new coach and draft a QB next year. The end up ripping through the AFC to a game within the SB. All of a sudden the Browns are everywhere. They are in the SB talk. Year three, week 16, they are 8-7 still alive.....yet the Brown's fans are disgusted, because they are THE BROWNS and 8-7 is unacceptable . They proceed to lobby for this new coaches job and QB to be shipped out (despite stellar post season ply) Remember, the Browns! lmao How do those fans look??

LOL, right on!

I have not bailed on the QB. I am irritated at the head coach because he appears to be more proficient at running his yap than he does managing an NFL team. He has allowed the offense to become a natural disaster while defending the OC and the thug turd so-called WR "captain." The Broncos make an effort to put their QB in a game plan that gives him the best chance to excel.....we throw he ball 60 times when running is our strength.

typical reaction of people who jump on the bandwagon, instead of having stuck through the really bad times. Is this season bad, sure, is it one of the worst, hell no. In perspective, it isn't really even that bad, it's just disappointing. The team still has a good framework and can bounce back quickly with some strong tweaks.

Yea

Is this one of those I'm a better fan than you type threads?

I love those.

yea you see a lot of that over on Twitter too JiF-the "I will support the Jets no matter what" type fans must not have had to endure decades of this stuff. I can't help it, I will call them as i see them and call OUT whoever I want when i see that player or coach or front office type NOT doing their job-it's my right AS a fan.

Yea

yea you see a lot of that over on Twitter too JiF-the "I will support the Jets no matter what" type fans must not have had to endure decades of this stuff. I can't help it, I will call them as i see them and call OUT whoever I want when i see that player or coach or front office type NOT doing their job-it's my right AS a fan.

Honestly, I'll never uderstand this phenomenon. What makes someone feel they are a better fan than another person or that they are going about it the right way? I'd love to have EY psycho-analyze this because its very strange. Like, what made this dude start this thread? Whats he trying to prove? Does he think he's going to change people with a thread on a message board? Or did he hit "post" and feel relief like he just stuck it to someone? lol

I've been a fan since birth. Essentially didnt have a choice in the matter. When the team sucks, I say they sucks. When a player sucks, I say that players sucks. I gave up on this season a couple of weeks ago because of the product I saw on the field. Doesnt mean I havent watched every game and been cheering like a normal fan - I just set my self up for the dissapointment. Maybe you are the eternal optimist. Good for you. I'm not. Doesnt make me a bad fan or you a good one. It makes me well, me. And you, you.

I'm 100% positive at the end of the day the way I root for the Jets has no impact on the game. And if I choose to think Sanchez is utter garbage...thats my right and will continue to think that way till he proves me wrong.

Go Jets!

WTF ARE SAYING? YOU MUST BE UNDER 30 YEARS OLD.... BECASE ROOTING FOR A TEAM FOR 30 SOMETHING YEARS AND NEVER GOING TO THE BIG GAME... I HAVE EVERY FRIGGIN RIGHT TO RIP THE TEAM... WE HAVE A TOTALLY OVERRATED QB.... WE HAVE A FAT MOUTH COACH THAT CURSES PLAYERS AND FANS... AND JUST SEEMS LIKE HE CANT JUST PLAY THE GAME.... HE HAS TO CALL PLAYERS OUT AND COACHES.... THAT ACT IS OLD.... AND NOW MAKES LIKE SANCHEZ IS PLAYING GOOD? WHY NOT TELL THE TRUTH... SANCHEZ IS PLAYING TERRIBLE...

Im 45 years old this New Years eve and I agree and approve of this mesaage. We have EARNED our right to be negative pricks.

I've got a thread idea. Maybe we should have a thread where lancemehl determines whether you are a real fan or not.

You check in, give your honest opinion the team and lance gives you a vote of approval to which you get to where a badge that says...

"I'm a real fan. lancemehl approved"

Yea

I very rarely look to impugn somebody else's intelligence, but when you talk to a homer or read the crap they put out there, you can't help but become convinced that you're dealing with an absolute moron. Particularly the indignant ones who get pissed off when somebody points out a flaw in the team. They'd be amusing if they weren't just downright pathetic.

Honestly, I'll never uderstand this phenomenon. What makes someone feel they are a better fan than another person or that they are going about it the right way? I'd love to have EY psycho-analyze this because its very strange. Like, what made this dude start this thread? Whats he trying to prove? Does he think he's going to change people with a thread on a message board? Or did he hit "post" and feel relief like he just stuck it to someone? lol

I've been a fan since birth. Essentially didnt have a choice in the matter. When the team sucks, I say they sucks. When a player sucks, I say that players sucks. I gave up on this season a couple of weeks ago because of the product I saw on the field. Doesnt mean I havent watched every game and been cheering like a normal fan - I just set my self up for the dissapointment. Maybe you are the eternal optimist. Good for you. I'm not. Doesnt make me a bad fan or you a good one. It makes me well, me. And you, you.

I'm 100% positive at the end of the day the way I root for the Jets has no impact on the game. And if I choose to think Sanchez is utter garbage...thats my right and will continue to think that way till he proves me wrong.

Go Jets!

Everyone's different. But, obviously there's a tremendous amount of insecurity involved in seeing people, who identify in the same manner, criticize that which they hold above reproach. "You're like me, but you think this way? No way, you're not like me."

Also, I'd be willing to bet that if everyone made a list 15 things that describe themselves, the "you're a bad fan" contingent would put "Jets Fan" much higher on the list than those who will criticize the team.

Just hypotheses though. I really couldn't know without talking to a few of them for a while, and really, why would I want to do that?

Go Jets!

I won't speak for OP, but I think it's a matter of giving you downers some perspective which you seem to be lacking... a way to try to convince you to be realistic rather than pessimistic.

This team never really got anyone's hopes up so SOJ doesn't really apply. At least they shouldn't have.

Now THAT I can agree with. It is a little reminiscent of mid-late-season letdowns - if not outright collapses - to miss the playoffs (2000, '97, '93, '87, '78). But from seeing the impossible luck to win vs Dallas to the meltdown vs the Raiders to the debacle on offense vs Baltimore...yeah, you're right. This team wasn't going to make serious noise except at the hand of bottom-feeder opponents.

Still hope for the best, hope for any chance, but there is an obvious divide between us and the current true SB contenders.

Everyone's different. But, obviously there's a tremendous amount of insecurity involved in seeing people, who identify in the same manner, criticize that which they hold above reproach. "You're like me, but you think this way? No way, you're not like me."

Also, I'd be willing to bet that if everyone made a list 15 things that describe themselves, the "you're a bad fan" contingent would put "Jets Fan" much higher on the list than those who will criticize the team.

Just hypotheses though. I really couldn't know without talking to a few of them for a while, and really, why would I want to do that?

Interesting. Because if I gave you that list, I'd probably just say sports fan and not give you Jets, Mets, Knicks, Gators.

I won't speak for OP, but I think it's a matter of giving you downers some perspective which you seem to be lacking... a way to try to convince you to be realistic rather than pessimistic.

Wait, who are realistic ones here? lol. I think the eternal optimist (homer) looks at my realistic approach as being pessimistic. I honestly view myself as a realist and not pessimistic.

You know what my perspective is - the Jets have never been to a Super Bowl in my life time. Therefore, they suck. Seems pretty realistic to me.

Now THAT I can agree with. It is a little reminiscent of mid-late-season letdowns - if not outright collapses - to miss the playoffs (2000, '97, '93, '87, '78). But from seeing the impossible luck to win vs Dallas to the meltdown vs the Raiders to the debacle on offense vs Baltimore...yeah, you're right. This team wasn't going to make serious noise except at the hand of bottom-feeder opponents.

The 2000 Christmas Eve loss was much worse than this Giants one imo....

The 2000 Christmas Eve loss was much worse than this Giants one imo....

Sort of. The pick-6 I would say yes. After that I almost half-expected their defense or specials to score again. Didn't expect twice, but we missed our chance to drive the dagger in. We did put up more points on the all-time defense than I thought we'd be able to & after Hall missed that chip-shot the week before (I was on that end of the field for that precious memory), the life was already sucked out of me & I wasn't expecting a win - let alone points - vs Baltimore.

Wait, who are realistic ones here? lol. I think the eternal optimist (homer) looks at my realistic approach as being pessimistic. I honestly view myself as a realist and not pessimistic.

You know what my perspective is - the Jets have never been to a Super Bowl in my life time. Therefore, they suck. Seems pretty realistic to me.

Nope, realism is that the Jets are a great team for losing in the playoffs short of the Super Bowl twice in a row. Sanchez is a future great QB because other great QBs were kinda maybe almost as bad as him at this point in their career. Oh, and everyone else on the team and the coaching staff are hindering his progress too.

Whether you are Norman Vincent Peale positive or suicidally negative will not make any difference at all on the field. And either way you are no better or worse of a fan.

40+ years of sheety football will do this to you. I was alive but don't remember 1969 at all being 3 1/2 at the time. And in the meantime I have seen the Pats and Jints win it all and even get There a few times while we as a fan base are stuck with our noses pressed up against the glass. This season sucks because too many of us have seen it over and over and over.

One lesson we have learned again and again-what you do in one season means nothing for the following season, neiher for good or bad. One thing that does make me furius is Trade Tanny has $8 million open cap room, yet did nothing about the OL, the safeties nor backup QB. Hard to understand if the was The Year to go for it.

Fantasy Island just called - they want there "hope and change" back. Let's try to keep this in perspective. I've emotionally invested in the Jets for 40-something years now, and I am of the crazy opinion that I hope they win every week, but if they don't - I still have to go to work on Monday morning no matter what. This entertainment outlet called the NFL is a nice distraction from reality, and I cheer for my team and feel bad EVERY year when they blow up, but it won't make me a bad person or a bad fan to speak ill of them. It would be nice to have some envy from other fans, but alas, that ain't happening this year Sunshine!!

Interesting. Because if I gave you that list, I'd probably just say sports fan and not give you Jets, Mets, Knicks, Gators.

Realistic would be evaluating a regime on their own merit, not on the colors they wear. Evaluating a regime on their own merit, not on unrealistic expectations because their predecessors sucked. You can only evaluate this regime based on what they have done. Here's my evaluation: 2 seasons with multiple playoff wins, 1 season of being mediocre (in which we may or may not make the playoffs, but will definitely finish at least .500)

So yeah, I don't think you're being realistic.

Whether you are Norman Vincent Peale positive or suicidally negative will not make any difference at all on the field. And either way you are no better or worse of a fan.

Agreed, but being hopelessly negative can have a bad impact on you, yourself. That's what the problem is, IMO. There is no need to be more negative than necessary. You know the Jets will give you enough reason to be negative as it is, no reason to add your own.

Agreed, but being hopelessly negative can have a bad impact on you, yourself. That's what the problem is, IMO. There is no need to be more negative than necessary. You know the Jets will give you enough reason to be negative as it is, no reason to add your own.

Just when you think the Jets are out of reasons, they invent new ones. :)

I don't consider myself a negative fan. I get frustrated but I am hoping for the best on Sunday and will be happy to start thinking about a playoff road trip if the stars align.

Realistic would be evaluating a regime on their own merit, not on the colors they wear. Evaluating a regime on their own merit, not on unrealistic expectations because their predecessors sucked. You can only evaluate this regime based on what they have done. Here's my evaluation: 2 seasons with multiple playoff wins, 1 season of being mediocre (in which we may or may not make the playoffs, but will definitely finish at least .500)

So yeah, I don't think you're being realistic.

Hmmmm...I'm really not one to evaluate that way. In fact, my SB prediction this year was Green Bay Packers vs. New York Jets. And I based it on the new regime. Then I saw the product and changed my opinion.

Archived