Players You Want Off The Jets in 2012

TNJet

1) Bart Scott, please leave not worth your big mouth and missed tackles. Keuchley or Burfict would be perfect.

2) Tomlinson, we can upgrade, and we need to.

3) Wayne Hunter....you suck and caused our offense to suck even worse than the Sanchez Schotty combo alone. Upgrade through the draft.

4) Matt Mulligan...you're retarded and you over stayed your welcome via 5 false starts a game and 8 holds a series. Cumberland will replace and thank god.

5) Vlad Ducasse....waste of space and wasted 2nd round pick in 2010. Nothing Robert Turner can't fix.

6) Last but not least Cromartie. We can find a CB just as good without the bonehead screw ups he brings to our defense. I'd draft someone that can tackle better and interfere less. That creates an instant upgrade at #2 CB.

Oh yeah, and if Holmes doesn't get his azz in line, we can trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. It would suit us just fine he is the biggest cancer we have. Yes talented and best wr, yet no one has the right to start lockeroom drama the way he has the last 2 months.

Im suprised this list doesnt have eric smith.. most jets fans i know hate him..

also im not here to start anything just because im a giants fan

Smith can stay as a backup as long as he never starts again. We have got to draft or sign a good safety.

1. Wayne Hunter, right now!

2. Ladanian Tomlinson, We need to get fresh backs as well as utilize McKnight more often.

3. Vladimir Ducasse. Thought this kid had potential. I was wrong.

4. Eric Smith. Only if we can actually get an upgrade.

5. Bart Scott. He's past his prime. He's a quality bench player if we can keep him but we need his replacement.

6. Plaxico Burress. He's a big target but that only qualifies in between the 20's because he cannot stretch a field at all.

Why get rid of Vlad until you see what he can do in camp. They've put a lot into getting him ready. They've all said he's probably the most talented lineman on the team, Slauson and others, "we're just holding his spot." Not saying he doesn't suck but he's a project, why after two years would you give up on him now.

Goodbye and FU Plex, Smith, Hunter, Mulligan.

1) Bart Scott, please leave not worth your big mouth and missed tackles. Keuchley or Burfict would be perfect.

3) Wayne Hunter....you suck and caused our offense to suck even worse than the Sanchez Schotty combo alone. Upgrade through the draft.

4) Matt Mulligan...you're retarded and you over stayed your welcome via 5 false starts a game and 8 holds a series. Cumberland will replace and thank god.

5) Vlad Ducasse....waste of space and wasted 2nd round pick in 2010. Nothing Robert Turner can't fix.

6) Last but not least Cromartie. We can find a CB just as good without the bonehead screw ups he brings to our defense. I'd draft someone that can tackle better and interfere less. That creates an instant upgrade at #2 CB.

Oh yeah, and if Holmes doesn't get his azz in line, we can trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. It would suit us just fine he is the biggest cancer we have. Yes talented and best wr, yet no one has the right to start lockeroom drama the way he has the last 2 months.

Heres my list

1. Wayne Hunter- The line struggled this year starting with Wayne Hunter

2. Vlad Ducasse- Bust.

3. Bart Scott- Cant Wait. Cant tackle. Old.

4. Matthew Mulligan- No explination needed

5. Eric Smith- Gronkowski and every tight end in the nfl had a field day against him.

6. Santonio Holmes- Team chemistry wont get any better with this cancer in the locker room

7. Plaxico Buress- Doesn't seperate and get open. Kind of old and he'll want some money after the amount of touchdowns he caught this season

8. Mark Brunell- Sanchez isnt afraid of getting benched because this guy is our backup

Why get rid of Vlad until you see what he can do in camp. They've put a lot into getting him ready. They've all said he's probably the most talented lineman on the team, Slauson and others, "we're just holding his spot." Not saying he doesn't suck but he's a project, why after two years would you give up on him now.

good point. He does suck right now.

I'd like Bart Scott back...at $2.5 mil. He gets paid too much, but I don't think you can just go find another guy who can do what he does against the run. He makes Harris better.

I don't know about guys I want off the team. But, I know there are guys I'd like to upgrade from:

Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard: Smith is terrible and simply needs to be replaced. I'd cut him, but he's a good special teamer. Leonhard's time has come and gone with the injuries and the league's rapid turn to using TEs more in the passing game. Replacing these two won't be hard from an athletic standpoint, but we'll take our lumps from a fundamentals standpoint while the team breaks in two new, young guys.

Matt Slauson: Slauson grades out well, but he's so, so limited athletically that the team needs to upgrade. He doesn't maul and he's not good enough in pass pro to keep as a starter if he's not going to dominate in the run game.

Wayne Hunter: Nuff said.

Mark Brunell: I'd put the chances of Sanchez opening the season as the starter at 60/40 and the chances of him being the starter after Week Six at 40/60. The backup QB slot is essentially the starter-in-waiting, and they need to have a legitimate #1 there when the time comes. I don't care if they use their 1st rounder on a QB, as long as there's a legit option for when Sparano decides that Sanchez is about as good as Henne.

Dustin Keller: Well documented how I feel Keller is woefully misused as a TE. One of the positives about hiring Sparano--he doesn't roll with pussy TEs and is almost guaranteed to make a change here.

Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace: I know they're nice against the run, but neither is a pass-rusher and neither one can stay with a TE. Upgrading the OLB slots would go a long way to turning this defense from solid to dominating.

Plaxico and Santonio: I retract my previous statement about not being sure which guys should be dumped. Tannenbaum should be fired simply for surrounding his fragile-minded QB with a trifecta of whiny, cancerous sociopaths in Burress, Holmes and Mason. How he thought that was a good idea is an absolute mystery. Let Plaxico walk, trade Holmes for a bag of balls and go get Sanchez some nice, steady possession receivers like Kevin Walter and Jason Avant. It's not like they'll be throwing the ball next year anyway.

I cant disagree with any of them but I would like to add Santonio Holmes IF there is a way to trade him which I doubt is possible with that idiotic contract we gave him. I mean surely the rest of the NFL can admire his true greatness and realize we got him on the cheap. right ?

I'd like Bart Scott back...at $2.5 mil. He gets paid too much, but I don't think you can just go find another guy who can do what he does against the run. He makes Harris better.

I don't know about guys I want off the team. But, I know there are guys I'd like to upgrade from:

Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard: Smith is terrible and simply needs to be replaced. I'd cut him, but he's a good special teamer. Leonhard's time has come and gone with the injuries and the league's rapid turn to using TEs more in the passing game. Replacing these two won't be hard from an athletic standpoint, but we'll take our lumps from a fundamentals standpoint while the team breaks in two new, young guys.

Matt Slauson: Slauson grades out well, but he's so, so limited athletically that the team needs to upgrade. He doesn't maul and he's not good enough in pass pro to keep as a starter if he's not going to dominate in the run game.

Wayne Hunter: Nuff said.

Mark Brunell: I'd put the chances of Sanchez opening the season as the starter at 60/40 and the chances of him being the starter after Week Six at 40/60. The backup QB slot is essentially the starter-in-waiting, and they need to have a legitimate #1 there when the time comes. I don't care if they use their 1st rounder on a QB, as long as there's a legit option for when Sparano decides that Sanchez is about as good as Henne.

Dustin Keller: Well documented how I feel Keller is woefully misused as a TE. One of the positives about hiring Sparano--he doesn't roll with pussy TEs and is almost guaranteed to make a change here.

Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace: I know they're nice against the run, but neither is a pass-rusher and neither one can stay with a TE. Upgrading the OLB slots would go a long way to turning this defense from solid to dominating.

Plaxico and Santonio: I retract my previous statement about not being sure which guys should be dumped. Tannenbaum should be fired simply for surrounding his fragile-minded QB with a trifecta of whiny, cancerous sociopaths in Burress, Holmes and Mason. How he thought that was a good idea is an absolute mystery. Let Plaxico walk, trade Holmes for a bag of balls and go get Sanchez some nice, steady possession receivers like Kevin Walter and Jason Avant. It's not like they'll be throwing the ball next year anyway.

This

Pace, Thomas, Smith and Leonard are a group I would really like to see upgraded. Mediocre at best. I do not see wanting to get rid of Cromartie or Keller.

Plax and holmes should be gone even though that would be the 4th year Sanchez has to start over with a New WR group. We're not making it easy for this guy, who sucks to begin with, to succeed.

Oh, so he can injure another player like he did Rob Turner? Dukie-a$$ is not an NFL OL, period. Cut freaking bait. Stop overpaying his sorry a$$ because Tanny wants to pretend he was a find in the 2nd round. A OL guy off the street is better. If he cannot beat out Wayne Hunter, he blows.

Oh, so he can injure another player like he did Rob Turner? Dukie-a$$ is not an NFL OL, period. Cut freaking bait. Stop overpaying his sorry a$$ because Tanny wants to pretend he was a find in the 2nd round. A OL guy off the street is better. If he cannot beat out Wayne Hunter, he blows.

He makes 700k a year and is a back up. Who cares where he was drafted at this point. My god people make such a bigger deal about him than it is.

He makes 700k a year and is a back up. Who cares where he was drafted at this point. My god people make such a bigger deal about him than it is.

This. If Sanchez can buy another year then a 6'5 330 pound freak athlete on the OL can probably get a third season. Vlad D. still is absolutely loaded with upside.

Aren't too many guys I want gone, but plenty of guys I want upgraded. The only guys I'd say I want out are Brunell who is a waste of a roster spot, Holmes unless he shows some change of heart and maybe Mulligan for his penalties, not necessarily his play.

My #1 priority would be the Oline. I think with Sparano, things might be different. Guys we think are better might be worse and vice versa. Slauson in particular might not be so loved. Sparano supposedly uses TEs and backs to help the tackles so even Hunter might be servicable, but I would absolutely insist on a starting caliber RT. I might look to add one more valid OL candidate because it is a priority spot for me, especially since we are probably going to continue to be limited at QB,

I think the D is still very good, but I want to add more speed. Speed at LB and speed at safety. I think Leonhard is good enough, but we need another guy to play and probably use in a rotation. I don't like Smith any more than the rest of you, but I think getting two starting safeties is a tall order. I would add at least one legit starter level guy with a project and two out of Smith, Pool and Leonhard. At LB I am okay with our regular starters, but we need speed for the rotation. Maybin was a nice surprise and he was getting more extensive playing time down the stretch, but he is too small for every down duty. I would like all of them back, but would be happy losing whichever one is necessary salary-wise because they all make too much money. I would only take Thomas back on a discount. I like Scott, but he is looking more limited and gets paid too much, his contract structure may mean he's got to go.

I'd also like another RB, but not a big dollar guy. I like Greene and LT, but an upgrade would be nice. McKnight seems like he might show some ability as a 3rd down back, but he runs a bit small for every down duty. I don't think he is going to be able to step into LT's role. Powell has looked like a zero so far. I didn't like him much in the preseason, when he got carries he fumbled and after that he looked terrified.

I guess I'd like to see Conley gone. With a good D, smashmouth O, field position game the punter is pretty important.

qb we need someone to compete with sanchez or replace him either way we gotta change what we got

rb lt is probly done mcknight can provide the explosive plays but we still need another back cause powell wasnt lookin so good

wr we had a tall speedy receiver in braylon who had two of his better years with us n wanted to play here but we got rid of him for plax who was mediocre, couldnt stretch the field n wont be back

te if mulligans not gone then woody should just fire the entire front office, keller aslo needs to get his act together ive seen too many balls hit him in the helmet when hes not looking

ol its probly a shorter list of who to keep after this year, hunters gotta be gone and if vlad couldnt beat him out then he needs to go too

cb im alright with cromartie but wilson just gets toasted each week and after him id just keep cole and trufant they are basically are whole punt team

lb needs probly the biggest change the only ones id keep are harris maybin n possibly pace everyone else thomas scott and all the backups gone

safety leonhard is more useful as a coach at this point and ive hated smith since the day he first put on a jets uniform, pool has talent but hes not the answer

d line is probly the only position that doesnt need a major overhaul

why does it seem like the jets are constantly stuck in a rebuilding year?

This. If Sanchez can buy another year then a 6'5 330 pound freak athlete on the OL can probably get a third season. Vlad D. still is absolutely loaded with upside.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. If he couldn't beat out Hunter he sucks.

Archived