Rex takes shot at negative "comments." Anyone think the Jet hierarchy reads message boards?

T0mShane

BrianCoz: Rex sarcastically: "It's funny I don't see any negative comments about the Landry deal or Yeremiah Bell. I don't understand it."

He's gotta be referring to some fan-generated content from somewhere, right? Does anyone think he, or any Jets front office types, monitor what fans say? I'd imagine they follow the #nyjets hashtag on Twitter to some extent, but I wonder if they'd dare read message board vitriol at all.

He's gotta be referring to some fan-generated content from somewhere, right? Does anyone think he, or any Jets front office types, monitor what fans say? I'd imagine they follow the #nyjets hashtag on Twitter to some extent, but I wonder if they'd dare read message board vitriol at all.

I don't peg Rex for a social media guy at all, nor most of the FO guys. If I were a betting man, I'd say all the beat writers read these websites and in turn use "us" to be the "growing concern among fans" that they allude to when talking to the head coaches. Which I always find funny, because besides twitter or what have you, I doubt cimini or those guys have any interaction with the average fan. Or people for that matter, besides going to and from games.

Every single beat writer, expert, media outlet in the country has the Jets winning 5-6 games, some even less. They dont really need to read the message boards to hear negative opinions. That said, it would surprise me if some does.

Remember in Hard Knocks, when Rex gave LT all the negative articles written about the Jets for some "light reading" or something like that? It was like a book. They got someone that pays attention. There was even that meeting when the coaches where laughing at the captions of some picture.

I dont think the Jets front office goes online and reads the boards. News guys yes, but not the boards. They definitely have people who monitor them, print things out and give it to them to read, but I think its more filtered through layers of the organization. But I believe they do read, on their own, Cimini, Costello, Mehta, Vrentas, etc...as well as PFT.

They, like most Pro or Top College teams, have someone who highlights what's being said across the world.

How much, if any, attention they pay to it on a daily/weekly basis is another question.

Woody got rich enough to own the Jets by lucky accident, he's really brainless.

Proof: "I think that you can never have too much Tebow."

Ryan is a moron for thinking that Tebow could ever win a game with a 95 yard, 4th quarter drive.

Proof of coaching incompetence: -- "I've always said that Tebow is a good football player."

Spar is wrong for ever thinking that the wildcat can be used successfully in the NFL.

It didn't work in Miami and so they fired him over it. Woody/Ryan were idiots for ever hiring this loser.

Sparano on Tebow: -- “I see him coming off of read one, to two, to three and

throw the ball to (WR Joseph) Collins on the sideline, out there on a rope.”

Sorry Spar, but that couldn't have been Tebow, he's not a QB, he's just a glorified FB.

Oh BTW, the Jets cut WR Collins to get down to 53.

Tebow will never be a winning NFL QB, (so please just ignore that 8-6, 1-1 = 9-7 thingy).

Tebow is not even a QB, as every single former Jets QB agrees, (combined they have 1 SB win).

So just cut the bum before he completely ruins this fantastic Championship Quality Jets team.... :winking0001:

Just for fun (mine), Tebow will score a passing TD before he scores one running the ball. :superman:

While I see your point and as other said, I'm sure it's probably a mix of having some idea of what the fans are saying and of the crap going from the beat writers. With that said, I actually just saw where that quote originally came from, and it's certainly a bit out of context. The entire conversation was about player health and practice reps.

On if Po‘uha will be limited to a certain number of plays when he returns and if his injury played a role in the team claiming Isaako Aaituiicon-article-link.gif off waivers from Miami…

Yeah, that could be. You hit it great with that nose tackle guy. Because Tui — I think we’ll call him that, because you’re right, I’ve got no chance. [Mike] Tannenbaum claimed he signed him because he wants me to pronounce his name. You’re right. He’s a good football player. But he’s a young guy that we’re going to work at both spots, really more at tackle, focus him more at tackle than nose tackle because I feel good about where we’re at nose tackle wise with obviously, Sione, Kenrick and Big Snacks [Damon Harrisonicon-article-link.gif] over there. So we’ll see how it goes.

The pitch count, it makes sense, we’ll leave that up to Mellody. John did a great job with LaRon Landryicon-article-link.gif. We put him on that pitch count and we got him here. It’s funny I don’t see any negative comments really about the Landry deal or Yeremiah Bellicon-article-link.gif. I don’t understand it. That one seemed to work out for us so far. I think it’s smart what we did with LaRon to make sure that he’s ready to go by Buffalo. And I’ll lean on those guys [trainers]. They’re the experts and if they feel it’s important to have him on a similar pitch count, then that’s what we’ll do.

They, like most Pro or Top College teams, have someone who highlights what's being said across the world.

How much, if any, attention they pay to it on a daily/weekly basis is another question.

Woody got rich enough to own the Jets by lucky accident, he's really brainless.

Proof: "I think that you can never have too much Tebow."

Ryan is a moron for thinking that Tebow could ever win a game with a 95 yard, 4th quarter drive.

Proof of coaching incompetence: -- "I've always said that Tebow is a good football player."

Spar is wrong for ever thinking that the wildcat can be used successfully in the NFL.

It didn't work in Miami and so they fired him over it. Woody/Ryan were idiots for ever hiring this loser.

Sparano on Tebow: -- “I see him coming off of read one, to two, to three and

throw the ball to (WR Joseph) Collins on the sideline, out there on a rope.”

Sorry Spar, but that couldn't have been Tebow, he's not a QB, he's just a glorified FB.

Oh BTW, the Jets cut WR Collins to get down to 53.

Tebow will never be a winning NFL QB, (so please just ignore that 8-6, 1-1 = 9-7 thingy).

Tebow is not even a QB, as every single former Jets QB agrees, (combined they have 1 SB win).

So just cut the bum before he completely ruins this fantastic Championship Quality Jets team.... :winking0001:

Just for fun (mine), Tebow will score a passing TD before he scores one running the ball. :superman:

Im not sure if its sad or funny that everything you said up until the last sentence (bolded) is true.

Brimming with confidence, and glad to hear you are still a fan, after that whole Cotchery fiasco.

My GM is a fvcking tool, you undrstand...

i thank you for your friendliness, it took me awhile to get over Cotchery AND Plax leaving us.....i have a really funny line here but i don't want to be banned so i'll spare it :(

i thank you for your friendliness, it took me awhile to get over Cotchery AND Plax leaving us.....i have a really funny line here but i don't want to be banned so i'll spare it :(

I know what you mean, it caused me to not have my foot on the pulse of the team last year, oh and coach has been banned several times myself.

I feel ya!

Im not sure if its sad or funny that everything you said up until the last sentence (bolded) is true.

I waited all night 'breathless' to find out what a football genius like yourself would think/say about my

latest tongue-n-cheek remarks..... That whooshing sound is me finally taking another breath..... :wild:

PS

Your own 'totally insightful opinions' are what make this such a pleasure for me. :sign0151:

I waited all night 'breathless' to find out what a football genius like yourself would think/say about my

latest tongue-n-cheek remarks..... That whooshing sound is me finally taking another breath..... :wild:

PS

Your own 'totally insightful opinions' are what make this such a pleasure for me. :sign0151:

Real football geniuses copy and paste the same irrelevant stats over and over and over and over and over and.... amirite?

Real football geniuses copy and paste the same irrelevant stats over and over and over and over and over and.... amirite?

What are you trying to say? I mean, come on, how can you not see the obvious relevance of his 224th posting of the same Tebow stats in a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Tebow until he showed up?

What are you trying to say? I mean, come on, how can you not see the obvious relevance of his 224th posting of the same Tebow stats in a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with Tebow until he showed up?

Tebow >>>>>>> Peyton

Just look at their first 12 1/2 starts! This is the primary reason all the experts are predicting the Broncos will crash and burn this season. It's the kind of thing that happens when you replace a QB who can run with a QB who can throw.

Tebow >>>>>>> Peyton

Just look at their first 12 1/2 starts! This is the primary reason all the experts are predicting the Broncos will crash and burn this season. It's the kind of thing that happens when you replace a QB who can run with a QB who can throw.

And the first time we win a game because of Tebow, what are you going to say to all of us?

And the first time we win a game because of Tebow, what are you going to say to all of us?

I support Tebow in the slash/punt protector role that the Jets have planned for him, I do not support any move to make him a starter. I've been pretty clear on that. I'm rooting for him to wildcat a few first downs and TDs.

I support Tebow in the slash/punt protector role that the Jets have planned for him, I do not support any move to make him a starter. I've been pretty clear on that. I'm rooting for him to wildcat a few first downs and TDs.

Fair enough but I was hoping for "Lets Go Tebow"

Archived