Darrelle Revis Injury Speculation - MERGED

JonEJet

If Revis has a torn ACL as some sites have suggested, it is a disaster on so many fronts.

1) We aint making the playoffs this year; though I didnt think we were making them with Revis

2) Will either the Jets or Revis look to sign a deal this offseason now? Perhaps the Jets have some leverage? I doubt it. So this injury could possibly mean that Revis will end up testing the market after next year as an unrestricted free agent? If he hits the market, he's gone. One dumb owner.....

3) If #2 comes true, we could end up losing a Hall of Fame CB, in his prime for nothing......That will be the "accountant's" parting gift to Woody Johnson.

Woah, step off that ledge bro.

Woah, step off that ledge bro.

LOL......i hear ya. But seriously, think about it for a second. IF (and I feel like it will be confirmed tomorrow)...but if its an ACL tear, how do you see this thing unfolding?

The Jets gonna pay $13M - $15M per year to a guy who just had ACL surgery? Probably not.

Would Revis take a little less considering his injury situation? Probably not.

Its the perfect storm.....of $Hit for us.

No Revis hurts. No Revis means giving up some big plays. But it also means that we just start playing like a normal secondary and roll coverage over to help Wilson. Having Bell, Landry, Wilson, and Cromartie... still pretty damn good. I'd take it over any other secondary in the league.

LOL......i hear ya. But seriously, think about it for a second. IF (and I feel like it will be confirmed tomorrow)...but if its an ACL tear, how do you see this thing unfolding?

The Jets gonna pay $13M - $15M per year to a guy who just had ACL surgery? Probably not.

Would Revis take a little less considering his injury situation? Probably not.

Its the perfect storm.....of $Hit for us.

I don't know how it will play out, but my guess is at least part of the 2013 season will be used to determine if Revis has any lingering ill effects from the torn ACL. The Jets aren't opposed to negotiating during the season, so once they see he's OK they can then hammer out a deal.

They can't trade him and Revis can't hold out. So......wait and see, my friend. Wait and see.

It was only a concussion that kept Darelle Revis out of action last week, but going forward the New York Jets fear it might be much more serious.

Revis left early against the Dolphins with an apparent knee injury. Rex Ryan said during the postgame press conference the Jets will be sending him for an MRI on Monday when they are back in New York. Revis was injured when he was planting his left knee during a Daniel Thomas run in the third quarter of the Jets’ win.

The Jets greatest fear is Revis suffered ligament damage. According to Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com, the specific Jets fear is an ACL injury and you all likely know what such a diagnosis would mean for Revis’ availability the rest of the way for the Jets.

The Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow experiment continues to be a head-scratcher. While the defense held up against the Dolphins and their rookie quarterback, could they sustain the same challenge against a Patriots passing attack? Both Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie were called for pass interference during the game and both were beat by Dolphins receivers.

Sanchez finished the game 21 for 45, 406 yards and two interceptions. For the second straight game he missed open receivers for potential scores. He was able to redeem himself when his touchdown pass to Jeremy Kerley with 3:01 left gave the Jets their first lead 20-17.

Just another example of Mark Sanchez doing his dance.

I'm assuming it's something catastrophic, partially because non-contact knee injuries that require the cart are usually ligament tears, partially because life is nothing more than a capricious series of increasingly agonizing tribulations that keep us occupied until we are finally, mercifully subsumed by the void.

First of all, here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/jets-problems-mounting-revis-may-be-lost-for-the-season

The title, "Jets problems mounting" is funny, considering we just became 2-1.

Yea I'm posting from my phone so this thread isn't great quality but still this is bad. It's crazy how we're in first place and our best player goes down. Jets are gonna have to change the whole defensive game plan

Yea I'm posting from my phone so this thread isn't great quality but still this is bad. It's crazy how we're in first place and our best player goes down. Jets are gonna have to change the whole defensive game plan

It would really be killer. Hope it's just 4-8 weeks, that type of thing. We'll see. :(

Well unless there is a complete miracle it looks like we lost Revis for the season. This completely changes our team and we will see if Rex is a a good head coach (have my doubts). We will have to change our entire team philosophy.

Defense

We can no longer just go straight man and blitz like crazy. Wilson and Lankster/Trufant will get torched. Rex will have to really figure out a way to get pressure on the QB. Maybe go 4-3, i know it is really designed for the run, but maybe this will free up coples and wilkerson to provide a pass rush.

Offense

On to the offense, I believe we will have to go to a more attack/spread offense. Yes i know Sanchez is our QB, but either he will step up or we will be looking for a QB in the off season. Our WR core actually may do well in a west coast attack. Kerley and Holmes are both quick and shifty while Hill can stretch the field (maybe he will learn to catch the ball). Also its amazing but our o-line almost has done better in pass protection than run blocking, plus we just dont have a workhorse back.

Now will any of this work? no idea, but I can tell you we will not win more than 5 games if we stick with what we have been doing without Revis.

the blitzing isn't working anyway. our pass rush is ****ing crap. matter of fact the defense doesn't look so good at all this year so far

Well, if Revis is out for any extended period of time we are going to get a good sense for what a true mastermind Rex really is.

He still has Comrarti, Wilson (his 1st, 1st round draft pick)

Landry

HIs Dline that he built

We are going to see how much of a mastermind RExy is.

Talent around is not an excuse for Sanchez, the fact that his oline, running game and WR's suck is not an excuse for Sanchez for most fans, so Revis going down should not be an excuse for Rex.

Looked like a sprain. If it was a tear I don't think he would've walked off on his own. I'm guessing and hoping four to six weeks. This next few games are gonna be tough. Andre Johnson is going to eat us alive.

You can walk on a torn ACL. If that's what he did here, it's going to impact this and next season. We'll really see what Rex is capable of as a coach without his best player. I'm not going all-in on a lost season. Patriots look far more vulnerable this year and we've got the edge early.

Offense needs to step up.

Well, if Revis is out for any extended period of time we are going to get a good sense for what a true mastermind Rex really is.

He still has Comrarti, Wilson (his 1st, 1st round draft pick)

Landry

HIs Dline that he built

We are going to see how much of a mastermind RExy is.

Talent around is not an excuse for Sanchez, the fact that his oline, running game and WR's suck is not an excuse for Sanchez for most fans, so Revis going down should not be an excuse for Rex.

This. You are a good addition to this site.

Archived