Darrelle Revis Injury Speculation - MERGED

JonEJet

Whenever I see a player go down for no reason I always think of Vinny T and the turf goblins of 1999.

I am just bummed by the Revis thing (that is a bummer man, a real bummer). Usually I am an optimist but with this revis thing, I am expecting an ACL type out for the year injury. those non contact knee injury situations where they cart the player off to the locker room... that's done-zo usually. If it's a sprain and Revis can return at some point this year, the Jets got off really light.

The thing that scares me most about when a player like Revis gets this type of ligament injury is that a lot of times, they are never the same afterwards... Whether its because they can't come in and out of cuts and breaks easily, or because they naturally favor or protect the injured knee...Or a combination of both. I just hope this is something he can fully recover from.

Oh, and just a question, this is not the same leg as his hammy injury a couple years ago, is it?

Whenever I see a player go down for no reason I always think of Vinny T and the turf goblins of 1999.

I am just bummed by the Revis thing (that is a bummer man, a real bummer). Usually I am an optimist but with this revis thing, I am expecting an ACL type out for the year injury. those non contact knee injury situations where they cart the player off to the locker room... that's done-zo usually. If it's a sprain and Revis can return at some point this year, the Jets got off really light.

Bart Hubbuch@HubbuchNYP

Postgame vibe on Darrelle Revis from the Jets’ locker room was not good. Fellow DBs sounded like it could be a multi-week injury

Sign me up for the multiple week injury

Bart Hubbuch@HubbuchNYP

Postgame vibe on Darrelle Revis from the Jets’ locker room was not good. Fellow DBs sounded like it could be a multi-week injury

Sign me up for the multiple week injury

If he plays again at all this year, HUGE win for the Jets. But in all fairness, being out for the season is still a multi-week injury. Semantics I know, but these DBs aren't exactly drafted for their communication skills. Fingers crossed though. Any time I see non-contact knee injuries, I convince myself of the worst and if it's anything but, then I am thrilled.

Looked like a sprain. If it was a tear I don't think he would've walked off on his own. I'm guessing and hoping four to six weeks. This next few games are gonna be tough. Andre Johnson is going to eat us alive.

Walking off on his own means nothing. When your juices are flowing pain hits you differently in the moment.

Hope everything is ok and its only a sprain

as for the people saying he walked off hes fine, that doesnt matter last year Terrel Thomas walked off perfectly fine with no limp after getting injured and it turned out he blew out his acl

Ballard was running on the sideline with a torn ACL no?? I remember he was testing his knee out on the sideline and when they went in for the MRI after the superbowl they said that was probably when he torn his MCL as well.

Kris Jenkins walked off the field when he tore his ACL, it really doesn't mean too much. Really just gotta cross those fingers that it's a big sprain and he only misses a month or two.

Torn Achilles is always my first thought as well. Gunmen on the grassy knoll is my second.

That said, hopefully this turns out to be no worse than a sprain.

Well unless there is a complete miracle it looks like we lost Revis for the season. This completely changes our team and we will see if Rex is a a good head coach (have my doubts). We will have to change our entire team philosophy.

Defense

We can no longer just go straight man and blitz like crazy. Wilson and Lankster/Trufant will get torched. Rex will have to really figure out a way to get pressure on the QB. Maybe go 4-3, i know it is really designed for the run, but maybe this will free up coples and wilkerson to provide a pass rush.

Offense

On to the offense, I believe we will have to go to a more attack/spread offense. Yes i know Sanchez is our QB, but either he will step up or we will be looking for a QB in the off season. Our WR core actually may do well in a west coast attack. Kerley and Holmes are both quick and shifty while Hill can stretch the field (maybe he will learn to catch the ball). Also its amazing but our o-line almost has done better in pass protection than run blocking, plus we just dont have a workhorse back.

Now will any of this work? no idea, but I can tell you we will not win more than 5 games if we stick with what we have been doing without Revis.

This jibes with what La Conforta from CBS said: @JasonColeYahoo

Jets source says Revis prob has a torn ACL, but hoping for better news after MRI Monday. However, knee is "loose," jargon for ACL tear.

If someone from the team said this, then 99% that's what it is. When they get players back to the room the do the anterior drawer test and can basically tell with pretty high accuracy whether it's torn or not. They take the MRI to confirm the extent of the injury, but they usually know ahead of time whether it is or not. The silver lining is that ACL injuries are not what they once were, players can come back just as, if not stronger ie. Jamaal Charles, Adrian peterson et al.

sh*tty as all hell. I mean we were complaining about losing him for a game against Pitt, now he's potentially out for the season. Guess we'll see what we're made of....

If Revis has a torn ACL as some sites have suggested, it is a disaster on so many fronts.

1) We aint making the playoffs this year; though I didnt think we were making them with Revis

2) Will either the Jets or Revis look to sign a deal this offseason now? Perhaps the Jets have some leverage? I doubt it. So this injury could possibly mean that Revis will end up testing the market after next year as an unrestricted free agent? If he hits the market, he's gone. One dumb owner.....

3) If #2 comes true, we could end up losing a Hall of Fame CB, in his prime for nothing......That will be the "accountant's" parting gift to Woody Johnson.

Archived